• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel my contract - Help with address needed!

pedmetric

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
Just received emails about confirmation of the cancelation. What a relief :). Thank everyone again!

Congratulations. I am still waiting for my post to reach to them. Hopefully today :)

pedmetric

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
so, i tracked online and it said delivery attempted - failure..
Are they not accepting the delivery on purpose????

It says the item is rerouted :(

What is happening???

Louie18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las palmeras orlando florida
HGVC’s sales department, like most timeshare sales department, are unethical and very weasely. The rest of the system is great, though. I’m not sure if I have ever heard of issues with recession as long as it’s within the recession period. It doesn’t make the waiting any easier, but as long as you followed the instructions, you are fine.

Congrats! Stick around and see if resale is right for you!
Hi i wish i saw this post bfore, all he article and reviews r stressing me so much and it was depressing, we bought a membership at las palmeras nov 12, 2019, i didnt know about the recision period, and we dnt even know about all this fees, we r just a small people who wants to enjoy our lives, they probably have more beautiful car and house than us, they sell us lies, we cant book place and dates that we want, plus there is alot of fees, i wanna get out of this nightmare, i feel so guilty that i put my husband in this problem, we pay 5000$ right away, and we have a loan of the 6,900$, we cannot afford all the fees in the future, pls i needed some advice, thank u

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi i wish i saw this post bfore, all he article and reviews r stressing me so much and it was depressing, we bought a membership at las palmeras nov 12, 2019, i didnt know about the recision period, and we dnt even know about all this fees, we r just a small people who wants to enjoy our lives, they probably have more beautiful car and house than us, they sell us lies, we cant book place and dates that we want, plus there is alot of fees, i wanna get out of this nightmare, i feel so guilty that i put my husband in this problem, we pay 5000$ right away, and we have a loan of the 6,900$, we cannot afford all the fees in the future, pls i needed some advice, thank u
Your 5k is gone. Just focus on salvaging your $6.9k loan.

Is your TS deeded in FL? If so, if you do foreclose and claim anti-deficiency treatment, your credit will likely get wrecked by 75 pts. However, if the TS is deeded in FL, the resort would not be able to pursue a deficiency judgment, as long as you not object to an estate foreclosure. The FL TS laws are at: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0721/0721.html

lastly, whatever happens, please DM me on whether your credit got affected or whether you faced a lien.

Louie18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las palmeras orlando florida
Your 5k is gone. Just focus on salvaging your $6.9k loan.

Is your TS deeded in FL? If so, if you do foreclose and claim anti-deficiency treatment, your credit will likely get wrecked by 75 pts. However, if the TS is deeded in FL, the resort would not be able to pursue a deficiency judgment, as long as you not object to an estate foreclosure. The FL TS laws are at: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0721/0721.html

lastly, whatever happens, please DM me on whether your credit got affected or whether you faced a lien.
Thank you so much for reaching out to me, im new here and i dnt have any idea about the TS, im asian and during the presentation i was convinced that this is a dream for us, but its not...and yes it was deeded, im sorry if i dnt fully understand everything about this, can u tell me more about the deficiency judgement? Thank u so much, also what should i do to just get out? I cant make anymore payments

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much for reaching out to me, im new here and i dnt have any idea about the TS, im asian and during the presentation i was convinced that this is a dream for us, but its not...and yes it was deeded, im sorry if i dnt fully understand everything about this, can u tell me more about the deficiency judgement? Thank u so much, also what should i do to just get out? I cant make anymore payments
For most people, as tuggers, we'd probably recommend you pay off then learn how to use the TS, which has a steep learning curve. However, if your English is broken or not good, it's almost impossible to learn how to use a TS.

When you default on the TS and the TS resort sells the TS for $1, your deficiency judgment would be $6.9k. In some states, TS can sue you for the remaining $6.9k deficiency judgment. In Florida, the default is that TS can't sue you for the $6.9k deficiency judgment, as long as you don't object to the estate foreclosure. So, if you foreclose or just ignore all the TS resort's letters, the TS resort will take your TS back. Your credit will likely get wrecked. Good luck!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please help! I just bought a timeshare that I don’t want at HGVC Orlando! Yesterday! I check out tomorrow. How exactly can I rescind and how exactly can I become a member?
We haven’t heard from you. Hope you were able to rescind. Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?

pedmetric

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany

What is happening??? What to do?

The tracker this morning says:
Item redirected to recipient's new address
968259998, USA

I have no clue why ....

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

968259998, USA

I have no clue why ....
You kept all your paperwork? Let's see what the new delivery status says. You sent to the rescission address noted in your TS paperwork?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ye sI did to exact address said on paperwork.
Left contract department a VM yesterday
If you did as exact, you are good. If you encounter any problems, simply contact the state AG where the TS resort is located.

CaptAdam

Reaction score
We haven’t heard from you. Hope you were able to rescind. Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?
I returned from Disney with a horrible flu... Today is the first day I'm able to function. I'm sitting to write the rescission letter now. Where can I find directions?

CaptAdam

Reaction score

968259998, USA

I have no clue why ....
I am also about to send my rescission letter via certified mail and this is exactly what I'm afraid of!!! What to do?

CaptAdam

Reaction score
Look for the rescission address in your instructions. If both you and your SO signed the TS contract, be sure the rescission letter has both your names and signatures.

mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?
If all goes well I will have saved $9,200!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I am also about to send my rescission letter via certified mail and this is exactly what I'm afraid of!!! What to do?

All that matters is the date you mailed it. If they never receive it you still have a valid rescission...as long as you mailed it within the allowed rescission period. Save your proof of the date of mailing.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
All that matters is the date you mailed it. If they never receive it you still have a valid rescission...as long as you mailed it within the allowed rescission period. Save your proof of the date of mailing.

YES, RX8 is absolutely correct! Assuming you mail the rescission letter to the correct address AND mailed it within the allowed time frame, then that's all you need to worry about.

You have (AND SHOULD RETAIN) the proof that you mailed it, and it is now in the hands of the Postal Service. This information will be needed should you need to notify the AG's office in the state in which the transaction had occurred. They should support your position that you did everything which was legally required to rescind.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

968259998, USA

I have no clue why ....

See my post above. Post # 67

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
See my post above. Post # 67

If you sent your rescission to the address outlined in your contract, you have nothing to worry about. You can prove it with certified receipt. Congratulations on rescission! Why pay retail when you can get it resale at 90 percent plus less?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

In the contract paperwork you signed, you will see a section telling you of your right to rescind in X days depending on State. In that section, they provide address of where to send your recission. They usually state you must send your recission certified, return receipt requested. Just follow their instructions to a T. Keep your proof of mailing with postmark.

The letter should be simple. Just include your contract number, your clear intentions of rescinding and expectation of full refund.

You usually get your refund within 45 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I remembered one thing at the table that they forced me to write down some good reasons of why I bought the TS.

This is unrelated to rescission, but an interesting question. What is HGVC doing with this information? Are they using it to develop future marketing campaigns? Or will they use it against someone if they try to cancel or rescind, so that HGVC can say, "but you said you were looking forward to taking your grandchildren to Disney World every year. And you were planning to go to Hawaii for your 30th wedding anniversary!" I certainly hope they aren't using the information for psychological warfare.

Its possible that HGVC is using the information as a last chance to clear up any misunderstandings about how the product works. But I doubt it.

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is unrelated to rescission, but an interesting question. What is HGVC doing with this information? Are they using it to develop future marketing campaigns? Or will they use it against someone if they try to cancel or rescind, so that HGVC can say, "but you said you were looking forward to taking your grandchildren to Disney World every year. And you were planning to go to Hawaii for your 30th wedding anniversary!" I certainly hope they aren't using the information for psychological warfare.

Its possible that HGVC is using the information as a last chance to clear up any misunderstandings about how the product works. But I doubt it.
I think they might use it during the dispute if the buyer claims that they paid the purchase under extreme pressure. they will use this to say that you made the decision voluntarily with all these reasons that you wrote down.

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten the refund yet. But I will wait patiently and will post it here once the refund comes through.

pedmetric

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
So finally after talking to contract admin and sending them scanned copy of docs, I got the cancellation email.
They honored that I sent the mail within 7 days..