• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonus Time coming to Club Wyndham???

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
… that’s one of the enhancements listed for the website I just got! Just described as being the ability to pay for a reservation with cash instead of points with no further details. Hopefully it’s at a lower rate than $12/1,000 points.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Wow! Nothing like an email from Wyndham touting upcoming website upgrades to make one realize just how antiquated the website is. And, they still don’t have an app! At all!
  • Recent Searches - see a list of destinations and resorts that were recently searched for.
  • Flexible Search - search by length of stay (number of nights, weekend, week, etc.) as well as preferred month of stay.
  • Waitlist Text Option - add a mobile phone number to your waitlist request to receive a match notification via SMS text message.
  • Modify Nights - ability to remove nights from booked reservations.
  • Bonus Time - option to pay for reservations using cash instead of points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
An app should be arriving some time in 2050. It is Wyndham speed.

It will be released either later this year or early next year. I’ve been participating in sessions to review the upcoming app - it’s real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
What exactly is “bonus time?”

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
In Worldmark Bonus Time is a short fused cash option that includes the House Keeping Costs.
So less than the $12 per thousand points that Wyndham currently charges?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
You are not renting Points but the Reservation. Also remember the approximate ratio is 13-16 Wyndham Points to 1 Worldmark Credit.

We have never used Bonus Time in 22 years. It is only a 2 week time fuze. We have pets and have to coordinate our very in demand House/Pet Sitter.

pauljeffrey10

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the app is as bad as the website it will be nothing but hugely frustrating.
....."something unexpected happened".....

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I did a survey a year or so ago, and one of the questions was if I would be interested in being able to pay cash for a stay instead of using points.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How would this not completely destroy the value of the product? Unless the points are priced so high that the maintenance fees are still much lower than what they’re charging? Or can you only do this in a very narrow window close to check-in?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
How would this not completely destroy the value of the product? Unless the points are priced so high that the maintenance fees are still much lower than what they’re charging? Or can you only do this in a very narrow window close to check-in?
The way it works in WorldMark is that you can pay for a reservation in unused inventory within 14 days of check in for CONUS resorts and 30 days of check in for others. That is within the timeframe that most TS systems allow the developer to rent out stays to the general public. In WorldMark it provides another option for inventory that no one has chosen to book until the point when it would already be available to the general public and it provides another market of customers to actually use the inventory for a reasonable price. The result there is income to the system that it would not otherwise have.

If Wyndham does a similar thing in Club Wyndham Plus, it would more likely be income to the developer than helping to cover the costs of resort operations, as is the case with WorldMark. It still doesn't seem like a horrible idea unless they price it too high as well as having a narrow reservation window. Time will tell.

Floridaman76

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
I just wonder how this will impact our ability to get upgrades in the VIP upgrade window. I have a lot of questions, like, when will this inventory be available to be taken. As it is now, with the website so flaky, it's harder to get upgrades reliably inside the VIP upgrade window.

Even when the website shows inventory, rather than getting the instant upgrade we are entitled to, you have to more often than not select "opt in" to upgrades, which may or may not happen. And if you are inside your cancellation window (15 day) and NEED the upgrade, that's a risk. I'm so frustrated by this website nonsense and prefer they fix it, rather than add new features.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
That is within the timeframe that most TS systems allow the developer to rent out stays to the general public.
30 days is indeed the window in the Fairshare Vacation Plan documents where Wyndham has free rein to do what it wants with unbooked inventory (it can take some at 60 days but not the last 10%). I do see how this would further devalue Bronze benefits especially - although I view Bronze as nearly valueless already, it would really put the nail in the coffin of any pretense of the 15-day upgrade window ever bearing fruit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
30 days is indeed the window in the Fairshare Vacation Plan documents where Wyndham has free rein to do what it wants with unbooked inventory (it can take some at 60 days but not the last 10%). I do see how this would further devalue Bronze benefits especially - although I view Bronze as nearly valueless already, it would really put the nail in the coffin of any pretense of the 15-day upgrade window ever bearing fruit.
It may depend on what they dump into Bonus Time. Perhaps larger units won't be priced attractively or available at all?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
30 days is indeed the window in the Fairshare Vacation Plan documents where Wyndham has free rein to do what it wants with unbooked inventory (it can take some at 60 days but not the last 10%).
WorldMark has a 45-day window "where Wyndham has free rein to do what it wants with unbooked inventory". It has nothing to do with Bonus Time. In WorldMark, Bonus Time payments accrue to WorldMark the Club, not the Developer.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may depend on what they dump into Bonus Time. Perhaps larger units won't be priced attractively or available at all?
In WorldMark, 100% of the available inventory is available for Bonus Time booking within 14 days of arrival and Inventory Specials at Bonus Time rates within 90 days of arrival (nothing is reserved by the Developer then "dumped" into Bonus Time Inventory).

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany
RCI Pts VV Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Marriott GV
I would welcome this as in the past it's never made sense to try to complete a reservation with renting points with the extra housekeeping fees.
I've found it Cheaper to do an RCI last call.

WManning

Reaction score
Worldmark is $.085 per credit with a minimum of $80 per night. I just booked at Sea Gardens a 2 bedroom deluxe in Ocean Palms for 2 nights $238 total cost. No housekeeping fee or taxes. 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen, 2 baths and a washer and dryer for $109 per night!

Last edited:

CYRUS2400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Garden, C.W. Access, PIC's.
Worldmark is $.085 per credit with a minimum of $80 per night. I just booked at Sea Gardens a 2 bedroom deluxe in Ocean Palms for 2 nights $238 total cost. No housekeeping fee or taxes. 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen, 2 baths and a washer and dryer for $109 per night!
How far in advance of the stay did you book? And, is there a cancellation with refund time?

That's a very good deal. As a VIPP with free housekeeping, I could get into a 2BR DLX (not in Ocean Palm) with an upgrade for about $63 ($7/1000). If I went directly to Ocean Palms, it would cost $126 (VIPP 50% discount). Price without discount/upgrade would be $252 PLUS the Housekeeping Fee.

Worldmark is offering a heck of deal, IMHO. I really don't see Wyndham being so generous.

Last edited: