• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Resorts deedback info - give your unwanted Bluegreen ownership back

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Jan 2024 updates: More updates confirming the charge for surrender is 1.5x your annual maintenance fees.
September 2023 updates: Multiple reports that Bluegreen is now charging 2x your annual maintenance fees to give back an ownership.

We have also updated the TUG advice article on how to exit a BG timeshare to reflect the fact that an owner is likely going to have to pay BG for the privilege of giving back their unwanted Bluegreen Ownership: https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/get-out-of-bluegreen-vacation-club-timeshare-point-ownership.html

Here is the website with all the contact information to directly engage Bluegreen in giving back an unwanted timeshare.

https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/talk-to-bluegreen-vacations-were-here-to-help

and the phone number: (844) 757-6932

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the website with all the contact information to directly engage Bluegreen in giving back an unwanted timeshare.

https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/talk-to-bluegreen-vacations-were-here-to-help
Heard from Bluegreen today. They called me from the email I sent. The representative was very nice. Told me she has sent my information to the department that will handle the paperwork to be relieved from ownership. I asked if they are definitely going to take them and if there are any fees? Was told she believe so, and she is not aware any fees will be charged. Told me about 14 business days for me to receive the package.

Not sure still as I cannot believe it will cost me nothing. And until I see the paperwork no way to really know if they will take them. Will update when I receive package.

lvbuilder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Heard from Bluegreen today. They called me from the email I sent. The representative was very nice. Told me she has sent my information to the department that will handle the paperwork to be relieved from ownership. I asked if they are definitely going to take them and if there are any fees? Was told she believe so, and she is not aware any fees will be charged. Told me about 14 business days for me to receive the package.

Not sure still as I cannot believe it will cost me nothing. And until I see the paperwork no way to really know if they will take them. Will update when I receive package.

Hi Panina - My mom bought two timeshares, two years ago from BG in Vegas and the family does not want them now. How did your process turn out? It just seems too good to be true that they will just take them back for no cost. If it went well, maybe we'll use the process above. Love to hear from you. Regards - Kelly.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi Panina - My mom bought two timeshares, two years ago from BG in Vegas and the family does not want them now. How did your process turn out? It just seems too good to be true that they will just take them back for no cost. If it went well, maybe we'll use the process above. Love to hear from you. Regards - Kelly.
The deedback program (like those that all developers are offering) is for those that do not have a loan. I just mention this because many who have bought from the developer in the last 5 years still are paying back on the loan. If this is not the case or if your mother is willing and able to pay off any remaining balance the program should be fairly easy to navigate.

lvbuilder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
The deedback program (like those that all developers are offering) is for those that do not have a loan. I just mention this because many who have bought from the developer in the last 5 years still are paying back on the loan. If this is not the case or if your mother is willing and able to pay off any remaining balance the program should be fairly easy to navigate.

Thank you for the quick reply. She financed one through a Barclays Card and the other is currently on auto pay through her checking account with 8 years left. She stopped paying Barclays a year ago. When we visited the resort this weekend to inquire, they said we just owe $400 and can stay there. They talked to me because I have Power of Attorney. That day we found a collection notice from Pinnacle for the resort fees, etc. she has refused to pay. That's about $2,200 now. So, they are charging the dues off to collection, then telling us everything is OK for $400. Weird!

lvbuilder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
The first one was for 6k points ($9,300) and the 2nd one was for the same, but $7,500. The purchases were a month a part. We are feeling pretty guilty now, because we realize she did this for us to travel to see her in April of 2018. We live in Oregon and had no idea what was happening until this weekend. They were not on the up-and-up selling to an 84-year old who may not have fully understood everything. Feeling worse by the minute at this point. Ugh.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thank you for the quick reply. She financed one through a Barclays Card and the other is currently on auto pay through her checking account with 8 years left. She stopped paying Barclays a year ago. When we visited the resort this weekend to inquire, they said we just owe $400 and can stay there. They talked to me because I have Power of Attorney. That day we found a collection notice from Pinnacle for the resort fees, etc. she has refused to pay. That's about $2,200 now. So, they are charging the dues off to collection, then telling us everything is OK for $400. Weird!
Did her credit get affected?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, She had 800+ credit that went to 650. It's been a year now and it's gone back to 700, thankfully.
Sorry to hear about that. That’s the biggest drop we’ve ever seen on tug. Previous high was 75 pts.

lvbuilder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Does anyone think that a solution would be to payoff the contract still on "auto pay", then deed everything back? There is probably about $6k left. The collections for resort fees/dues, etc, would then just stay collections, especially since my mom is slipping into dementia and 'who knows what' after that. Well, we actually do know what. Payoff, then deed back may be an extreme solution. Any other suggestions out there? We called O'Grady Law in Vegas, who basically told us to 'ride it out because lawyers are more expensive'. After reviewing Nevada Law there does not not seem to be a remedy even though they were predatory in their sales tactics.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone think that a solution would be to payoff the contract still on "auto pay", then deed everything back? There is probably about $6k left. The collections for resort fees/dues, etc, would then just stay collections, especially since my mom is slipping into dementia and 'who know what' after that. Well, we actually do know what. Payoff, then deed back may be an extreme solution. Any other suggestions out there? We called O'Grady Law in Vegas, who basically told us to 'ride it out because lawyers are more expensive'. After reviewing Nevada Law there does not not seem to be a remedy even though they were predatory in their sales tactics.
Correct. There is no easy legal remedy. O’Grady Law gave you sound legal advice.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone think that a solution would be to payoff the contract still on "auto pay", then deed everything back? There is probably about $6k left. The collections for resort fees/dues, etc, would then just stay collections, especially since my mom is slipping into dementia and 'who know what' after that. Well, we actually do know what. Payoff, then deed back may be an extreme solution. Any other suggestions out there? We called O'Grady Law in Vegas, who basically told us to 'ride it out because lawyers are more expensive'. After reviewing Nevada Law there does not not seem to be a remedy even though they were predatory in their sales tactics.
Please kindly check out the 2/3-completed TS-default state laws table at:

FWIW, in NV, the SOL on TS mortgage defaults run 2 years after a filed lien. Out of 36 TS defaults as reported on TUG, 2 resulted in a lien: Sheraton Broadway (MF default) and Marriott (mortgage default). Situations like your mother's situation upset me. That's why I started preparing the above table and gathering the reported TS default data - information that could help TS owners like your mother.
@Fredflintstone

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

I am sorry to hear about your situation...

This is not legal advice just how I would process the problem out loud.

I’m 84. I am getting (or have) dementia. What do I need a credit score for at this age? Am I going to buy a home or car soon? I think not.

Yes, I suppose I could stop paying all together and maybe risk a default judgement out of Nevada. Yes, my estate might be affected there. Or, I could pay off the mortgage and either deed back the place or put it on TUG or EBay for free. Well, do I have the money to pay it off? If yes, that’s the safest way to go.

Hmmmm. If I can’t pay it off, a judgement doesn’t always mean successful collection. Is it worth the risk? Gotta think on that one.

However, if those payments are hurting too much, I suppose I’ll take the chance and pull the plug and see where the chips fall.

O Grady Law gave good advice. Lawyers love this kind of thing especially when the vulnerable were taken. However, Lawyers are expensive.

Isn’t it helpful to think of all your options and assess benefits/risks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am sorry to hear about your situation...

This is not legal advice just how I would process the problem out loud.

I’m 84. I am getting (or have) dementia. What do I need a credit score for at this age? Am I going to buy a home or car soon? I think not.

Yes, I suppose I could stop paying all together and maybe risk a default judgement out of Nevada. Yes, my estate might be affected there. Or, I could pay off the mortgage and either deed back the place or put it on TUG or EBay for free. Well, do I have the money to pay it off? If yes, that’s the safest way to go.

Hmmmm. If I can’t pay it off, a judgement doesn’t always mean successful collection. Is it worth the risk? Gotta think on that one.

However, if those payments are hurting too much, I suppose I’ll take the chance and pull the plug and see where the chips fall.

O Grady Law gave good advice. Lawyers love this kind of thing especially when the vulnerable were taken. However, Lawyers are expensive.

Isn’t it helpful to think of all your options and assess benefits/risks?

I’m pleasantly surprised O’Grady Law told OP what was in his/her best interest, instead of the best interests of O’Grady Law’s wallets. I have seen many cases in which lawyers knowingly inflate their clients chances of success, manipulate clients, don’t tell their clients that defendants can bankrupt judgments, and still collect tens of thousands of dollars.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I’m pleasantly surprised O’Grady Law told OP what was in his/her best interest, instead of the best interests of O’Grady Law’s wallets. I have seen many cases in which lawyers knowingly inflate their clients chances of success, manipulate clients, don’t tell their clients that defendants can bankrupt judgments, and still collect tens of thousands of dollars.

I suppose like any business, there are those who have more integrity than others. I too am always happy to hear of Law Firms demonstrating good ethical practices. In my view, your business side is always rewarded as word does get around.

lvbuilder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Appreciated. Yes, O'Grady was a straight shooter. I think I see a path forward. Apologies if the title thread got hijacked.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what "ride it out" means, but it seems there is no reason to spend good money after bad. There is no financial benefit to giving more money to a company that duped your mother. At 84, does her credit score really matter? If you only have power of attorney, then you are not affected by her default. If there are no other siblings, any money your mother spends will decrease your future wealth. You might consider transferring assets to yourself and letting the foreclosure process proceed. If she owns her house free and clear, I don't think Bluegreen would pursue her. I think a reasonable person would argue that Bluegreen deserves nothing more from your mother.

froggirl1104

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Orlando sunshine

Hi. Did you ever get this take. Care of. Did they come through with the paperwork?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi. Did you ever get this take. Care of. Did they come through with the paperwork?
Haven’t got the mailing from them yet. Was told to wait 3 weeks and if I didn’t get call back. I called back just now and left a message.

froggirl1104

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Orlando sunshine
Haven’t got the mailing from them yet. Was told to wait 3 weeks and if I didn’t get call back. I called back just now and left a message.
Thanks. I’d like to know if you actually get it because I called today to do the same thing. I’m nervous to believe it will actually happen. They said 30days for my paperwork to come.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I’d like to know if you actually get it because I called today to do the same thing. I’m nervous to believe it will actually happen. They said 30days for my paperwork to come.
I am on three weeks now and was told 2-3 weeks. I will update when I hear more.

I was taking this approach to go thru the process and inform tuggers. If this doesn’t work will give away on tug. They are higher demand weeks that one could use or great traders on II.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Has anyone heard of this before? I do not own Bluegreen but a user recently PM'd me correspondence between Bluegreen and the owner. Through a pilot program, Bluegreen has offered for the owner to donate the timeshare to a charity (choices were either Junior Achievement of South Florida or Christel House). The donation value is less than $200. Only obligation is paying off any loans or maintenance fees that are due. In addition, the owner would get use of 4,000 points to use over the next two years at no cost to the owner. Because it wasn't my correspondence I can't share it here or really give any more details. I am hoping the member will see this and post more information.

On the surface, and if true, this is great for owners. However, something tells me this won't last long. What charity in their right mind would want to be loaded up with unwanted timeshares along with their maintenance fees?

geoffire

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I just found this forum and called the number on the linked page and was told there is no deedback program only but that the only option is to transfer/sell.

Backing up... my wife and I bought the smallest option less than 2 years ago and are paying the mortgage and owe about $5k still but didn't pay the dues last year as we don't use the thing. Last week got a collections notice on those dues + $350 of that fees for about $1k total (I thought we just couldn't use the services if we were behind). We've never used it or any of the "perks" we got with it (cruise and such), so we'd just like out.

We've been talking to Wesley Financial Group who guarantee exit or money back (I have a contract from them we haven't signed/paid). Cost is a little less that what we owe on the mortgage which sounds better than paying off the mortgage, paying the collections, then "selling" (likely giving away with us paying transfer fees) but reading the contract I see this language "Sometimes Termination requires an exit fee to be paid to Your Timeshare. If this occurs, You will be presented their offer, and if You accept, You will be responsible for payment of that fee." then in the guarantee section "If You refuse a reasonable Termination offer recommended by WFG, you will not be eligible for this money-back guarantee."

They say they cancel not transfer, sell, or whatever, and the "VP" we talked to said bluegreen doesn't charge a termination fee, but I'm skeptical and that language would allow thousands in "reasonable" fees...

Can I get some advice on how to proceed? Is there is a legitimate deedback program and the lady I talked to is uniformed or whatever, or is selling not as painful as I'm thinking? We have just 3,000 biannual points with the deed in Orlando.

Thanks,
Jeff

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just found this forum and called the number on the linked page and was told there is no deedback program only but that the only option is to transfer/sell.

Backing up... my wife and I bought the smallest option less than 2 years ago and are paying the mortgage and owe about $5k still but didn't pay the dues last year as we don't use the thing. Last week got a collections notice on those dues + $350 of that fees for about $1k total (I thought we just couldn't use the services if we were behind). We've never used it or any of the "perks" we got with it (cruise and such), so we'd just like out.

We've been talking to Wesley Financial Group who guarantee exit or money back (I have a contract from them we haven't signed/paid). Cost is a little less that what we owe on the mortgage which sounds better than paying off the mortgage, paying the collections, then "selling" (likely giving away with us paying transfer fees) but reading the contract I see this language "Sometimes Termination requires an exit fee to be paid to Your Timeshare. If this occurs, You will be presented their offer, and if You accept, You will be responsible for payment of that fee." then in the guarantee section "If You refuse a reasonable Termination offer recommended by WFG, you will not be eligible for this money-back guarantee."

They say they cancel not transfer, sell, or whatever, and the "VP" we talked to said bluegreen doesn't charge a termination fee, but I'm skeptical and that language would allow thousands in "reasonable" fees...

Can I get some advice on how to proceed? Is there is a legitimate deedback program and the lady I talked to is uniformed or whatever, or is selling not as painful as I'm thinking? We have just 3,000 biannual points with the deed in Orlando.

Thanks,
Jeff
There is no deedback program if you have a mortgage. They are not going to guarantee that one will exist when you have paid off your mortgage.

Keep in mind that often cancellation firms will just send letters asking/demanding that you be released and if the developer will not, they may advise you to stop paying, become delinquent and then to ask/demand again and if that still doesn't work, they will wait for the developer to take deed back. This can effect your credit and may not be any different than if you stopped paying without paying Wesley.