• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Resorts deedback info - give your unwanted Bluegreen ownership back

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 154k & Bali Hai 105k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HVC South Bend 1/1
I just found this forum and called the number on the linked page and was told there is no deedback program only but that the only option is to transfer/sell.

Backing up... my wife and I bought the smallest option less than 2 years ago and are paying the mortgage and owe about $5k still but didn't pay the dues last year as we don't use the thing. Last week got a collections notice on those dues + $350 of that fees for about $1k total (I thought we just couldn't use the services if we were behind). We've never used it or any of the "perks" we got with it (cruise and such), so we'd just like out.

We've been talking to Wesley Financial Group who guarantee exit or money back (I have a contract from them we haven't signed/paid). Cost is a little less that what we owe on the mortgage which sounds better than paying off the mortgage, paying the collections, then "selling" (likely giving away with us paying transfer fees) but reading the contract I see this language "Sometimes Termination requires an exit fee to be paid to Your Timeshare. If this occurs, You will be presented their offer, and if You accept, You will be responsible for payment of that fee." then in the guarantee section "If You refuse a reasonable Termination offer recommended by WFG, you will not be eligible for this money-back guarantee."

They say they cancel not transfer, sell, or whatever, and the "VP" we talked to said bluegreen doesn't charge a termination fee, but I'm skeptical and that language would allow thousands in "reasonable" fees...

Can I get some advice on how to proceed? Is there is a legitimate deedback program and the lady I talked to is uniformed or whatever, or is selling not as painful as I'm thinking? We have just 3,000 biannual points with the deed in Orlando.

Thanks,
Jeff
Where is your TS located?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just found this forum and called the number on the linked page and was told there is no deedback program only but that the only option is to transfer/sell.

Backing up... my wife and I bought the smallest option less than 2 years ago and are paying the mortgage and owe about $5k still but didn't pay the dues last year as we don't use the thing. Last week got a collections notice on those dues + $350 of that fees for about $1k total (I thought we just couldn't use the services if we were behind). We've never used it or any of the "perks" we got with it (cruise and such), so we'd just like out.

We've been talking to Wesley Financial Group who guarantee exit or money back (I have a contract from them we haven't signed/paid). Cost is a little less that what we owe on the mortgage which sounds better than paying off the mortgage, paying the collections, then "selling" (likely giving away with us paying transfer fees) but reading the contract I see this language "Sometimes Termination requires an exit fee to be paid to Your Timeshare. If this occurs, You will be presented their offer, and if You accept, You will be responsible for payment of that fee." then in the guarantee section "If You refuse a reasonable Termination offer recommended by WFG, you will not be eligible for this money-back guarantee."

They say they cancel not transfer, sell, or whatever, and the "VP" we talked to said bluegreen doesn't charge a termination fee, but I'm skeptical and that language would allow thousands in "reasonable" fees...

Can I get some advice on how to proceed? Is there is a legitimate deedback program and the lady I talked to is uniformed or whatever, or is selling not as painful as I'm thinking? We have just 3,000 biannual points with the deed in Orlando.

Thanks,
Jeff
What I’m telling you is legal information and your options. This is not legal advice. Only you can choose what is your best option, legal interests, and financial interests.

One option is to default on your FL TS mortgage, but your credit may decrease by 50-150 points. Out of 13 TS mortgage defaults and their consequences as reported on TUG, 7 got their credit affected.

If you choose to default, you may want to preserve your anti-deficiency rights, meaning the TS resort can’t sue you for the remaining TS loan balance. In SC, a non-objection or inaction to a TS mortgage non-judicial foreclosure likely leads to non-judicial, anti-deficiency treatment. However, an objection may waive non-judicial, anti-deficiency treatment. To preserve your non-objection and anti-deficiency treatment rights, you may want to consider ignoring all paperwork and calls from the TS resort.

If you choose to default, let us know whether your credit got affected. It would help TS owners moving forward.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks,
Jeff

geoffire

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thanks for the info guys. We purchased in Arizona but the deed is for the Orlando FL location. WFG did say that a few weeks in we'll be able to stop paying the mortgage, and "credit repair" is part of the deal so I'm thinking some form of default is part of the plan. Interestingly though they said my 3 choices to terminate are a) bankruptcy, b) foreclosure, and c) "exit" through them as if b) and c) are very different things (sell was mentioned but downplayed).

I could scrub the contract of personal info and share if you guys are curious. At this point I don't think they add any value so won't go through them. At least in the near-mid term it's as likely to hit our credit as simply not paying I think. I'll have to read up to fully understand all this though.

I'm only wondering if the better choice might just be to pay everything off and sell it which will cost like 6k (which is only $1100 more than than the WFG "exit"). We are however currently already with a rather low score and going through some drastic budgeting to pay off credit card debt and such, we have no interest in using our credit for a large purchase anytime soon anyways... Again there our debt isn't so large I feel it worth bankruptcy so we'll likely just pay it all off.

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradise point, massenutten wood
Just submitted a request, will update you on what I am told. I was going to list in the bargain section today but figured I would see how they answer before I do. My weeks are prime fixed weeks at Blue Ridge Village, not part of the points.
this was our reply from bluegreen give back..
Dear Mr. Crutcher,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to Bluegreen and being an owner with us!

I understand you would like to know your options in cancelling your ownership with Bluegreen.

I am sorry to hear that you wish to sell your Bluegreen ownership. I would like to remind you to consider the type of service, accommodations, and amenities that are offered at Bluegreen properties as compared with a standard hotel. In addition to the ability to use your Vacation Points to reserve accommodations, please keep in mind that you may take advantage of Bonus Time to reserve stays at Bluegreen resorts at a discounted owners-only rate.

Please be aware that Bluegreen does not offer a buy back or deed back program whereby you would be able to give or sell your ownership back to Bluegreen. We inform purchasers that there is an authorized reseller should an owner no longer wish to use their timeshare. Pinnacle Vacations is a separate timeshare resale company and is an authorized reseller for the Club. You are free to engage with any timeshare resale company you choose, but we recommend Pinnacle because certain developer-initiated programs and benefits, such as Bonus Time and the VIP Program, are only transferable to a subsequent purchase through an authorized reseller such as Pinnacle.

Pinnacle Vacations may be reached at 800.485.5632 or online at https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.pinnaclevacations.com&data=02%7C01%7Cbcrutcher%40aeci.org%7Ca9b6d358d1104528385f08d7acd2a893%7Ca75dd7cfc1134b218b9137475217deb7%7C0%7C0%7C637167893108086894&sdata=cupFaK3mMx921UBsDR0ETNJQeGjTezHX5maf4mqilrA%3D&reserved=0

We are not able to guarantee that Pinnacle Vacations or any other company will be able to locate a buyer for your timeshare interest. However, it is often just a matter of time before an owner can locate a buyer for his or her timeshare.

You may locate a new owner for your timeshare through your own endeavors (without the assistance of a resale company). If you do so, you would need to complete and submit a Title Transfer Request Form. A Title Transfer Request must be placed online and a non-refundable transfer fee of $500 per contract must be paid to place the request. Please note that this fee is subject to change. The Title Transfer Form can be accessed via Bluegreen Online at:

https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbluegreentransfers.wufoo.com%2Fforms%2Fbluegreen-vacations-title-transfer-request%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cbcrutcher%40aeci.org%7Ca9b6d358d1104528385f08d7acd2a893%7Ca75dd7cfc1134b218b9137475217deb7%7C0%7C0%7C637167893108086894&sdata=HnjCbuHhhX5abMMpMyJFKYZOi%2BMl69DcYycMvqCf%2FC0%3D&reserved=0

Please note that any outstanding loan(s) or Maintenance Fees/Club Dues must also be paid in full prior to the completion of the title change.

At Bluegreen, we value our owners tremendously and strive daily to provide courteous, professional, and pleasant experiences to all our owners/guests. We kindly ask that you respond with any outstanding issues or concerns that may be addressed. We certainly do not want to lose you as an owner! I hope I was able to assist you today and I hope you have a wonderful day.

If you have any further questions, you may reply to this email or initiate a live chat conversation through your Bluegreen Online account. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET. And on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. We look forward to providing you with a lifetime of memorable vacation experiences and exceptional club support.

Sincerely,

Charm
Owner Communications
Bluegreen Vacations
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveymonkey.com%2Fr%2FJQN5P3T&data=02%7C01%7Cbcrutcher%40aeci.org%7Ca9b6d358d1104528385f08d7acd2a893%7Ca75dd7cfc1134b218b9137475217deb7%7C0%7C0%7C637167893108086894&sdata=HsrsD5qsmLtqY0r%2BKbFBfD%2By8OUI6mviigQCSl%2B1cMY%3D&reserved=0
ref:_00Dj01rtVP._5003Z11j8K7:ref

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) listed above. This message and any file(s) attached hereto may contain confidential information that is privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this message and any attachments from your computer system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
7000.00 points to Paradise Point. Yearly. 3 bedroom 2 nights. These are floating flexible. We have always stayed at Big cedar on a Sunday thru Thursday or Friday about 3 times a year.
taking care of parents and grandkids this time in our life. .05 cents a point plus the 500. Fee bluegreen charge, plus the 350.0. For deed transfer.. thank you

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
How did you contact Bluegreen? Did you speak with someone. I have heard nothing so far but if that is the letter I get they were very misleading in the phone call.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Thanks,
Jeff

The timeshare exit companies are at best way overpriced and in likely almost all of the cases the successes are what you could do yourself for thousands of dollars less, such as a deed back under an established program with the timeshare company. At worst, they take your huge upfront fee and stall for months and even years. This is probably those timeshares with a mortgage.

Still thinking about using Wesley? Wesley Financial recently lost their BBB accreditation due to their business practices. Also, someone had posted on Wesley’s Facebook page about their Diamond timeshare. @Grammarhero replied to that post that Diamond had a feedback program in which the fee was significantly less than the fee Wesley was charging. Wesley’s response was to DELETE his helpful post because they wanted their customers to remain in the dark of these programs that are available to timeshare owners so they can keep charging their big fees.

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Selling massenhutten information, how to

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How did you contact Bluegreen? Did you speak with someone. I have heard nothing so far but if that is the letter I get they were very misleading in the phone call.

I contacted them through the information you had given. It is such wonderful information. So far I haven’t heard anything. I am going to call the number with the deed back back today. This is such great informatio. Thank you

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the website with all the contact information to directly engage Bluegreen in giving back an unwanted timeshare.

https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/talk-to-bluegreen-vacations-were-here-to-help

further information. We did receive a letter by email and it basically said nothing but sorry to see you go. They in the letter offered no solution. I did call the number on this site, they were extremely nice and helpful. What they offer is sell it on our own, a charitable institution they can recommend, and timeshare only, which fees run from 299.00 to 1250.00.

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi. We just called the number with the website you had shared. They were very very nice. No deed back provide for us. Ours is paid from day one. We can give to a charity organization which they can recommend, go with timeshare only, fees run from 299. To 1250., or sell ourselves and they will help us Thru it.
thank you for the information you had given.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow...they really suggested an upfront fee company? thats absolutely ridiculous :(

I sent off an email in hopes of getting in touch with someone who can explain this.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wow...they really suggested an upfront fee company? thats absolutely ridiculous :(

I sent off an email in hopes of getting in touch with someone who can explain this.
I am still waiting for the promised papers. Second follow up call I made today. Both times had to leave message. Will email. Think soon I am about to list mine for free on Tug, prime weeks, prime traders. I wanted to go thru the process to report on it here so will give it a little more time pursuing.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

I posted earlier on this thread about someone who received this offer from Bluegreen. They called it a pilot program. Looks like they direct the timeshare to the charity. The person shared the communication from Bluegreen with me. I thought it very strange that a charity would even want TS’s in their name, especially lots of them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they wouldnt of course...

the only "charities" that still exist for the "donation" of an unwanted timeshare all still ask for huge upfront fees. Giving owners that suggestion is nearly as bad as suggesting they use an upfront fee reseller who will likely tell them they can easily sell for a hefty sum!

Kimbro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
7000.00 points to Paradise Point. Yearly. 3 bedroom 2 nights. These are floating flexible. We have always stayed at Big cedar on a Sunday thru Thursday or Friday about 3 times a year.
taking care of parents and grandkids this time in our life. .05 cents a point plus the 500. Fee bluegreen
For deed transfer.. thank you

froggirl1104

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Orlando sunshine

Hey there. Any update on the bluegreen situation? I called and they said they would send paperwork about 3 weeks ago. Said it would be 30 days. Said I could deedback? But haven’t seen papers. I’m Orlando sunshine paid in full weeks. I’m getting nervous.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt me sending off an email is going to result in anything meaningful happening within such a short time.

sadly things like this seem to happen at a glacial pace.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey there. Any update on the bluegreen situation? I called and they said they would send paperwork about 3 weeks ago. Said it would be 30 days. Said I could deedback? But haven’t seen papers. I’m Orlando sunshine paid in full weeks. I’m getting nervous.
They said the same to me mid January. With two follow up calls left on vm have seen nothing.

I just sent another email too.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No package as promised, no return call and no response to an email. I will send another email and another call this week but being I have heard nothing in 2 months when I was told 3 weeks makes me believe the give back program no longer exists, if it ever did.

I own wonderful weeks so ultimate I will list them on Tug for free which for me has been the best give back program.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
No package as promised, no return call and no response to an email. I will send another email and another call this week but being I have heard nothing in 2 months when I was told 3 weeks makes me believe the give back program no longer exists, if it ever did.

I own wonderful weeks so ultimate I will list them on Tug for free which for me has been the best give back program.
Since they haven't sold weeks in many years, they may still have a program for points owners but not be so enthusiastic about attaining weeks inventory. Unlike Marriott, Vistana, and Wyndham that take back weeks and add them to their trusts, I don't know if bluegreen is actively adding weeks turned in by owners into any of their trusts.

Has anyone done a deedback or even received the packet of information for points or for a deeded week? If so what did you own? (resort, deeded or points, annual or EOY).

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the info guys. We purchased in Arizona but the deed is for the Orlando FL location. WFG did say that a few weeks in we'll be able to stop paying the mortgage, and "credit repair" is part of the deal so I'm thinking some form of default is part of the plan. Interestingly though they said my 3 choices to terminate are a) bankruptcy, b) foreclosure, and c) "exit" through them as if b) and c) are very different things (sell was mentioned but downplayed).

I could scrub the contract of personal info and share if you guys are curious. At this point I don't think they add any value so won't go through them. At least in the near-mid term it's as likely to hit our credit as simply not paying I think. I'll have to read up to fully understand all this though.

I'm only wondering if the better choice might just be to pay everything off and sell it which will cost like 6k (which is only $1100 more than than the WFG "exit"). We are however currently already with a rather low score and going through some drastic budgeting to pay off credit card debt and such, we have no interest in using our credit for a large purchase anytime soon anyways... Again there our debt isn't so large I feel it worth bankruptcy so we'll likely just pay it all off.
@geoffire
We hope you are well. If you make the hard decision to default, please kindly let us know if your credit got affected. It would help tuggers in similar situations moving forward.