• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Big change$ in Vidanta RCI Resort Fee

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that this fee change in RCI has happened at roughly the same time as the new HGVC resort fees showed up.

Doesn't change the calculus too much for a couple that would stay on property the entire time, but certainly impacts larger groups more.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
To me this says: Don't use your banked MP weeks in RCI for GM anymore. Instead, rotate using the other TSs in the RCI system, in particular the Pueblo Bonitos in Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.
Mayan World started with the escalating transfer rates, then the isolating wall building, now the escalating fee schedules.

We really enjoyed the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica at Sunset Beach. It was fabulous and beautifully maintained. The views are spectacular. It felt very upscale. The architecture of the Sunset Beach buildings was classic Spanish style. The service was excellent and the timeshare people were low key. I felt the timeshare presentation was more educational, than sales oriented. I enjoyed seeing the interior of the different condo units at Sunset Beach and the single family homes at Montecristo since we were staying on the hotel side. They also gave us $400 off our hotel bill for attending the TS meeting. It was delightful. I heard PB is building more resorts in new places and remodeling Mazatlan. I hope they maintain the current business model.

Last edited:

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
when I use my registry collection (RCI) account and book with the registry collection logo next too unit. There is no fee what so ever. however they appear to have updated to the 30&15....

thats getting steep for me and will curb my use of vidanta properties

AI prices have really gone up as well.

For Reference:
we just stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and paid 92/pp per day.
Most other mexican resorts are 175+ pp per day... I just skip the other AI resorts in mexico for that reason. no sense in spending that kind of money.

We just stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and bought the AI package and it was a similar rate. Considering that includes all food and drinks at all PBs in Cabo, and it was Christmas week, I think it was a great price. BTW, PB is not a mandatory AI, only the hotel required the AI. But it was so reasonable that I did not mind paying.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Was the reason of upgrade they overbooked GM? Would they upgrade if many GM units are available?

Not really sure. It was mid January and we had exchanged for a 2 BR GM, but my parents changed their minds, so it was just the 2 of us. Looked like a few other people got upgraded, too, though.

Lizjutras

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko-olina
It was a big jump not to long ago from $75 per week to the $11 per day charge. I believe it took a while longer for it to change on II as well.

We are going next spring to Grand Luxxe in a 2 bedroom with two other adults and two teenagers. This would jump the total fee from $66 per day to $180 per day. There is no way I would book it at that rate (and I'm not sitting through any sales presentations on my vacation time).
I have just come back from Grand Luxxe and was not happy with the $11per person resort fee either. It was a lovely place but frankly I will not sit through a day of time share presentations to get a reduced fee.At the cost of interval plus exchange fees plus resort fees, it makes no sense for me to leave my Ko-olina timeshare in Hawaii. I think from all the empty places at the pool that they are losing business and need us to make up the costs.

BC Bum

Reaction score
To me this says: Don't use your banked MP weeks in RCI for GM anymore. Instead, rotate using the other TSs in the RCI system, in particular the Pueblo Bonitos in Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.
Mayan World started with the escalating transfer rates, then the isolating wall building, now the escalating fee schedules.

Can I ask what you mean by "isolating wall building". I'm a MP owner but haven't been to MPRM since 2014. I'm debating whether to go back again. I really feel like a peasant with my lowly MP Contract.

BC Bum

Reaction score
Also how do owners make a reservation these days? Is there a website or do you have to call?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You have to call for a reservation.

I believe what he was getting at with the phrase "isolation wall building" was that Vidanta is building walls around the resort in Nuevo Vallarta that prevent you from walking off the property easily. I can see both sides of this one because it makes security and preventing outside folks from using the facilities simpler. Makes some of the other properties like the marina MP attractive as options for trips when I'm planning on doing more sight seeing.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Can I ask what you mean by "isolating wall building". I'm a MP owner but haven't been to MPRM since 2014. I'm debating whether to go back again. I really feel like a peasant with my lowly MP Contract.

Hi BC Bum ,
I own MP - 1 bedroom suite ( MF - $ 715 / 2006 contract - 2017 registered week ,used for Feb .2018 use . Has the every 5 year -2nd MF / reno fee = actual cost was $860 . ( Also has the "no go /no pay " addendum )
I prefer to look at it this way - I own the smaller house in a nice neighbourhood that is getting nicer .

The Mayan Palace level is getting upgrades as well . We were at the MP PV- Marina last week . At that location , all the "hotel room / lock-offs " now have a coffee maker & a small bar fridge
located in a cabinet that is a part of the dresser . The older bathtub style showers are gradually being changed over to nicer walk in showers .

I believe these upgrades will be done to most / all MP units over time .

According to the 9th floor wall in the GB - NV sales models - Mazatlan will be "completely redone "
FYI - likely later rather than sooner / since Celebrate Park NV is the current biggie in the build budget ..

At NV & RM you can use all the restaurant facilities etc etc.
All brand levels get full daily room cleaning and towel replacement .

<Your only restriction is the pool / spa -gym hierarchy of the room key bracelet colours .>
Guess what - the sunshine & weather & hardworking staff are the same for all brands .

I believe from your prior posts that you own an older contract with a registered week for the lifetime of the contract .
This is actually a superior contract to newer or "upgrades" that become "residence" weeks after the newer 10 year renewal period .
Vidanta sales is pushing very hard to get folks out of these older / better contracts .

Last edited:

BC Bum

Reaction score
Yes I own a very old NV contract. Hotel room and VF week every year. MFs $384. No transfer fees. 2x MFs every five years and 5X MFs every 25 years, which will be coming up in couple of years.

I have only gone to MP RM and I like it there. My fear is that they will stick me in a building out near the highway. Also my wife does not feel comfortable leaving the resort these days. I feel like a need one more trip to decide if I am going to renew at the 25 year mark.

I used to trade in my hotel room in RCI and get 1BR or 2BR, but that game is over.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You might think about giving it away on TUG instead of just not renewing. The no transfer fee makes it fairly attractive even with the renovation and renewal fees. In fact I might be interested; that's an inexpensive way to get an extra week at MP PV to go out on the town before spending a week in NV.

BC Bum

Reaction score
I believe the transfer fee is one MF. Are they still letting MP owners stay in buildings 1-5 at RM, or are they sticking them out on 307?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lately it seems like the sales side of things is controlling room assignments more based on whether you agree to do an update than whether you're an owner. You'd likely do better if you do one, but that's got its own downside if it's your last trip there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I believe the transfer fee is one MF. Are they still letting MP owners stay in buildings 1-5 at RM, or are they sticking them out on 307?

The 1 MF Transfer is a bargain for anyone that wants to buy. You just never know where you will be put when you go. We have been there 4 times over the years as owners and been in building 2. 10, 17, & 19. We liked the ones closer to the highway as they were quieter. We tended to walk to and from the beach for exercise since we generally plopped on chaise lounges and read most of the day. :) We are goin as exchangers to Grand Bliss in late April. It will be interesting to see what happens. :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes I own a very old NV contract. Hotel room and VF week every year. MFs $384. No transfer fees. 2x MFs every five years and 5X MFs every 25 years, which will be coming up in couple of years.

I have only gone to MP RM and I like it there. My fear is that they will stick me in a building out near the highway. Also my wife does not feel comfortable leaving the resort these days. I feel like a need one more trip to decide if I am going to renew at the 25 year mark.

I used to trade in my hotel room in RCI and get 1BR or 2BR, but that game is over.

I just checked the RCI deposit calculator - it is worth 17 TPU's / which makes your cost per TPU $ 22.60 , which is decent

If you do renew at 25 years - it stays as a registered week ( unlike newer contracts )

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’d bump the cost per TPU up by 40% to account for the renovation MFs (2 per 5 year’s), or $31.64. Still not too bad.

If you do decide to part ways with it, just let me know. That’s a lot less than the resort fee through RCI....

BC Bum

Reaction score
Not a big deal, but it's one extra MF every five years for renovations.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Anyone know of if vidanta is "honoring" the older 11 per person rate for bookings made before fee hike/change?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Anyone know of if vidanta is "honoring" the older 11 per person rate for bookings made before fee hike/change?

All TUG reports so far are : YES

It is suggested you bring paperwork from when the exchange was booked .
Front Desk / Hotel Side staff are generally knowledgeable on these details .

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
All TUG reports so far are : YES

It is suggested you bring paperwork from when the exchange was booked .
Front Desk / Hotel Side staff are generally knowledgeable on these details .
Ok I'll update soon.

I have paper work and notified checkin staff. They said let them know in check out.

Do not have great confidence but will know this coming Friday.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a GL-NV 4BR with 7 guests last month, and are happy to report they honored the $11daily fee. There was no need to pull out the printout of my confirmation - they knew exactly when the reservation was made and said we would be charged the old fees.

Even though that was our last experience, I will still bring my confirmation to our next (and last) stay. With our family of 12, the $30pp daily fee is a real vacation budget buster!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Paper work on checkin corrected the 30 fee. Only charges 11 for adults. Kids had no fee.

Checked out today and no issues.