• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dweezy48

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on an issue with my marketing rental in Hawaii.

I booked a week in Hawaii for my wife and 3 kids. We go next week. We booked a stay with a suite with two beds in the bedroom and a pull-out couch. We did this because one of our kids has serious problems sleeping in a room with people and she sleeps on the pull-out couches. I called customer service last night to check and see if there was a kitchen area to cook. I was shocked when I was told they had booked me in a single room, with a king-sized bed only.

I asked the associate if she could look into what happened. The associate, who was working at home, told me she would check on it for me. After putting me on hold, she dropped the call after 5 minutes. I called back and got another associate. After going around and around, she said I can see you requested a suite, but they put you in this room and that is what you were charged.

Amazingly I held it together and didn't lose my shit, but I asked her if I could speak to a supervisor. She also worked from home and told me I could not but she could chat online with her superior and ask for a solution. I asked her not to put me on hold this time and she kept me on speaker. She said the supervisor said there are no other accommodations and asked if I wanted to cancel my stay. Do you think I'm going to tell my three kids we are not going to Hawaii next week?

This was a much longer story that I shortened in hope that someone on here would read this.

I'm asking if anyone has had this situation before and how you handled it or do you know someone I could contact to help me out in this situation?

I am also a Hilton Rewards Gold member.

Thank you in advance!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would call the resort or hotel directly.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is this supposedly Hilton outstanding customer service?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
What property? When you reserve HGVC units, it is in the description of what you will get. It is sounding like you booked a studio versus a 1 bedroom.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
I wonder if it was any of the HGVC properties or was it the hotel. I may be wrong, but I am unaware of any HGVC suites with two beds in a one bedroom suite.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder if it was any of the HGVC properties or was it the hotel. I may be wrong, but I am unaware of any HGVC suites with two beds in a one bedroom suite.
I was thinking the same thing. All 1 bedrooms, that I am aware of, come with a king bed and a fold out sofa in the living room. The 2 bedrooms have a king in one room and the two full size in the second with a fold out sofa in the living room.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
The HGVC at Kingslands on the Big Island has 1 bedroom units with two double (not queen) sized beds in the bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. Plus it has a dining area and a full kitchen. They are quite large over 900 sq ft. They are usually on the first and second floors.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
But the marketing package doesn't always mean they put you in a HGVC unit it may mean that they put you into a hotel unit at a Hilon Property or other nearby hotel.

If you read the info on the marketing package, it usually gives some disclaimer on the room.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
did you book a hilton hotel or an hgvc timeshare/resort?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marketing package doesn't always mean they put you in a HGVC unit
That is a good point. If they bought a marketing package often times, it is in a hotel not the resort.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@Dweezy48 Please elaborate what you mean by your “marketing rental”. As far as I am aware HGVC promos are not for a whole week, which you say you booked. It sounds like a Hilton hotel issue.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This room option exists on most HGVC Hawaii properties including Maui and Oahu. Japanese tourists demand them. I wish more HGvC resorts had this because you can have a sleeping room in 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm and keep living area free.

However this is a specific room type when booked by HGVC owners so guaranteed. The OP sounds like he rented from Hilton.com or an owner and should take it up with them. May not be an HGVC issue.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What does the rental confirmation say? Things do get double booked and mistakes are made but if you have a confirmation in hand you are much more likely to get it resolved in your favor and I don't see any mention of having that.

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who knows if the OP will ever return, but to note: As an owner, I like the marketing deals sometimes on offer BUT you have to be very careful as to what you are sold vs. what is booked.
Also, I never buy the package and book at the same time, I wait to get the package details back in an email.

We are staying at Ohio St. ... 3 nights for $99 + $49 ... I waited almost a year to book the exact dates. The original package was typical Vegas/Orlando and I asked what about Chicago, they said that would be 49$ more, I said no problem.

I only need sit through an owner update to hear about how Max is the only thing that makes sense in the world.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Who knows if the OP will ever return, but to note: As an owner, I like the marketing deals sometimes on offer BUT you have to be very careful as to what you are sold vs. what is booked.
Also, I never buy the package and book at the same time, I wait to get the package details back in an email.

We are staying at Ohio St. ... 3 nights for $99 + $49 ... I waited almost a year to book the exact dates. The original package was typical Vegas/Orlando and I asked what about Chicago, they said that would be 49$ more, I said no problem.

I only need sit through an owner update to hear about how Max is the only thing that makes sense in the world.
We are there now and enjoy the property. Great location. Haven’t asked me once it even acknowledged my existence. Couldn’t be happier.