• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
another boring FOUR

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Four. I'll take it.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 6.56.22 PM.png

Dave

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
@#1 Cowboys Fan Wordle does not have plural words that end by adding an "s." Today's word does not violate that rule.

Been away. thought I would try to get off to a great start. (Pun intended) Pulled it out with a three. My second word all but sealed the deal.

Sorry. I have to hand type my spoiler. I messed up before and when I try to insert my results, they show in the main text as well as in the spoiler..
I started with the word GREAT. My next word was CLASH. That made the final word easy as there was little room as to where the H and the S could go.
But my question was regarding tombanjo guesses of CHATS, and CHAPS.....wordle wouldn't have those would they?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
But my question was regarding tombanjo guesses of CHATS, and CHAPS.....wordle wouldn't have those would they?
Hmmmm.... I think iffy on that. If it's a plural of CHAT - I agree CHATS wouldn't be an answer. But as a verb - as in "she CHATS alot" - I think the verb could be valid. (Making CHAPS less likely to be valid). I have been surprised before (and in desperation might try anything). What do others think?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
from the internet

Wordle answers can be plural nouns, but not if they end in S or ES. Wordle answers can be past tense verbs, but not if they end in ED. Plural nouns and past tense words can be used as Wordle guesses even if they aren't valid Wordle answers

However -

Chats is the third-person singular form of chat. It can also be a plural. "Maggie chats with Hattie everyday" and "The town council hosted chats between selectmen and voters every Saturday"

The reality, according to me, who used the words "chats" and "chaps" is wordle bot would have laughed and laughed.

edited to add "chaps third-person singular simple present indicative of chap"

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
After a slow start I was able to regroup and get a FOUR and s also tie the bot.

IMG_5008.jpeg

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct about that. Plural words are accepted, but not ones that simple add an "S" to a four letter word.

I realize that the following words are too long for Wordle, but they illustrate what can be accepted and what can not. "Persons" merely adds an "S" to an existing word and would not be acceptable, but "People" which means the same thing would be accepted.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
From Pro Writing Aid:
"Here’s a quick recap of the rules we’ve discussed in this article:

• Wordle answers can be plural nouns, but not if they end in S or ES.
  • Wordle answers can be past tense verbs, but not if they end in ED.
  • Plural nouns and past tense words can be used as Wordle guesses even if they aren’t valid Wordle answers." https://prowritingaid.com/does-wordle-use-plurals

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Pro Writing Aid:
"Here’s a quick recap of the rules we’ve discussed in this article:

• Wordle answers can be plural nouns, but not if they end in S or ES.
  • Wordle answers can be past tense verbs, but not if they end in ED.
  • Plural nouns and past tense words can be used as Wordle guesses even if they aren’t valid Wordle answers." https://prowritingaid.com/does-wordle-use-plurals
Thanks for giving us that. I didn't know that. I've been using plural words that end with S and past tense verbs that end with ED. I was wondering why those words never were the target word.

On another note, I'll be the first to claim a five today.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 for me and 4 for my sad-faced spouse. :(

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I just saw this article saying a new Wordle archive is now available.

I see it on the NYT website but not in the app. Maybe they just haven’t updated the app yet.