• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whew, just made it under the wire today. It was one of those cases where there were too many similar words. I had the last three letters correct on the second try and all but the second letter correct for the following tries. That gave me four shots at the second letter (if you count the fact that it was the only incorrect letter on the third try). I finally got it right on the sixth try, but there was still at least one other possibility as to what the second letter could be at that point. I had to guess between the two on my last try.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Whew, just made it under the wire today. It was one of those cases where there were too many similar words. I had the last three letters correct on the second try and all but the second letter correct for the following tries. That gave me four shots at the second letter (if you count the fact that it was the only incorrect letter on the third try). I finally got it right on the sixth try, but there was still at least one other possibility as to what the second letter could be at that point. I had to guess between the two on my last try.

1649443496816.png

I had everything but the second letter after my second guess. At that point I could think of four possible entries, so my third was a word that included all four letters. That identified which of the four letters was correct, so I got it in four. If I had just worked through the options, the actual word would probably my sixth guess, like you did.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I got it in 3, which was unusual for me. Rick got it in TWO. He had it fast.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I got it in 3, which was unusual for me. Rick got it in TWO. He had it fast.
Is Rick clairvoyant? I can’t believe some of the words he gets on the 2nd try.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Too many options today. Got it in six, but could have had it in three. Or four. Or five. :D

Wordle 293 6/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got awesome clues from my first guess!

W1.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
1649490121269.png

Got lucky today. My standard opening guess. Guess 2 was my standard guess when I get that result on guess 1. After hitting four greens on the second guess, there was only one remaining option for the last space.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
7C3BBCA6-F4BD-4E43-8051-3F0CBD1B440C.jpeg
Good job guys. Took 4 for me today. I thought sure I had it with my third try but then there was only one option left so I nailed it! ;)

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 51192
I had everything but the second letter after my second guess. At that point I could think of four possible entries, so my third was a word that included all four letters. That identified which of the four letters was correct, so I got it in four. If I had just worked through the options, the actual word would probably my sixth guess, like you did.
I had five possibilities for the second letter, all consonants. That would not allow me to post them as a new word since I can only post real words. So, either we are talking about a different word or you are allowed to do something that I cannot.

Third try today. Had four letters after second try with three of them in the correct position. Made the third entry easy.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 2.38.20 PM.png

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wordle 294 3/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Dave

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Since the game launched in October 2021, there’s been plenty of speculation about the optimal word to use when starting a game. One mathematician created an automated bot to test over 12,000 words, while online urban legend suggests words like ‘Irate’ or ‘Salet’ are best because of their vowels.

In creating their WordleBot, though, New York Times has found ‘Crane’ to be the best place to start while ‘Crate’, ‘Slate’, ‘Slant’ and ‘Trace’ are also very good guesses, as are ‘Lance’, ‘Carte’, ‘Least’ and ‘Trice’.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Since the game launched in October 2021, there’s been plenty of speculation about the optimal word to use when starting a game. One mathematician created an automated bot to test over 12,000 words, while online urban legend suggests words like ‘Irate’ or ‘Salet’ are best because of their vowels.

In creating their WordleBot, though, New York Times has found ‘Crane’ to be the best place to start while ‘Crate’, ‘Slate’, ‘Slant’ and ‘Trace’ are also very good guesses, as are ‘Lance’, ‘Carte’, ‘Least’ and ‘Trice’.

And if you start with ADIEU and STORY, you'll get all five vowels, the Y, plus D, R, S, and T. That covers a lot of common words. Using the words suggested above, all you'd get are the A and E, with one word providing the I. Everybody has a preferred place to start.

Dave

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And if you start with ADIEU and STORY, you'll get all five vowels, the Y, plus D, R, S, and T. That covers a lot of common words. Using the words suggested above, all you'd get are the A and E, with one word providing the I. Everybody has a preferred place to start.

Dave
I usually start with ADIEU, but I tailor my second guess based on the results of the first guess. If I hit two vowels with ADIEU, there's little value in continuing to hunt for vowels.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
1649577724726.png

Got lucky yesterday. After the second guess I figured the word had only one vowel, in the third position, so I started hunting for consonants. Got the yellow in space 1, so fourth guess was simply trying that letter in a different position. I got lucky and hit the word.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2C441336-0C72-450A-B15E-BF6A74D1D3C7.jpeg
I usually start with a completely random word that just pops into my head. A lot of mornings that gets me zilch on the first try but that is more fun to me. This morning, the word I used only has one vowel. I hit 2 letters, neither in the correct position. On my 2nd guess, I hit another consonant and got one of the letters in the correct position. From that point, the word was either easy or I got lucky.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the Times article interesting. It is a matter of taste, but I like to start with different words each day. I am not suicidal, however. I always include either an "a" or an "e" or both and usually a "t." I have used a number of the words that the Times article mentioned.

Elsewhere I noted that it is far from a total disaster if you totally strikeout on your first entry. With five common letters eliminated, it limits your future entries in a helpful way.

To date, my "score" (number of entries taken to reach the correct answer has been 0, 2, 14, 21, 11 and 3, plus on two occasions I struck out. Both times that I struck out, I had four correct letters correctly positioned very early in the game. It was just that there were four, five or six words that shared those four letters in the same position and I had to guess at the fifth. It does not bother me that the Times occasionally includes such an entry. It is just a game and if sometimes one has to guess at an answer doesn't bother me.

Today was one of my four tries score.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

The article is based on empirical evidence and statistics. I can tell you anecdotally that I don't like using ADIEU any more because I find that I can solve more quickly starting with a word with consonants in it. Knowing which vowel to use early is apparently of limited value. FYI - this is coming from someone who solves the daily puzzle 68% of the time in 4 tries or less. I'll tell you that my solve rate at 3 attempts or lower went way down when I started using ADIEU

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The article is based on empirical evidence and statistics. I can tell you anecdotally that I don't like using ADIEU any more because I find that I can solve more quickly starting with a word with consonants in it. Knowing which vowel to use early is apparently of limited value. FYI - this is coming from someone who solves the daily puzzle 68% of the time in 4 tries or less. I'll tell you that my solve rate at 3 attempts or lower went way down when I started using ADIEU

That explains why you're probably much better at this than I am. :D

I'm the guy who wants them to provide a clue as to which type of word they're looking for. It needn't be anything major - maybe just like stating whether the word is a noun or verb. Something to give some idea of the direction they're seeking. I've been told if I want a clue, to solve a crossword instead. That's way more than what I'm suggesting. I just want a train of thought to follow. Without it, you're often just shooting in the dark.

Is Wordle is a game of luck or skill? When the word has interchangeable letters, (e.g. stare, share, spare, scare, and so forth), it's easy to lose the game because you have no idea which second letter they want, and the only way to find out is to blindly guess. The odds of winning could be improved with some idea of what they want.

I know it's a game, and I still play. I just get frustrated if I lose because I didn't happen to try the right letter, when there are legitimate options.

Dave