• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone heard of Ralston and Reiner and Associates??

shaedo82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Solmar
I have been corresponding with a Dana from Ralston Reiner and Associates for about 3 weeks now. She first contacted me asking if I was interested in selling. She gathered some info and said I was entered into a database. Today, about 2 weeks later, she called and informed me that we had a firm offer. It is over the amount that we paid. (what?!?!?!) She sent a six page contract, seems legit, but I'm just a nurse!

No info on the web that I can find regarding them being scams or frauds. No info on BBB either. Nothing when I search TUG.

Anyone heard of this law team??

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Do not fall for it. There WILL be a charge you will have to pay before you supposedly get money. You won't get a dime from them. Do not pay. It's a scam in capital letters.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been corresponding with a Dana from Ralston Reiner and Associates for about 3 weeks now. She first contacted me asking if I was interested in selling. She gathered some info and said I was entered into a database. Today, about 2 weeks later, she called and informed me that we had a firm offer. It is over the amount that we paid. (what?!?!?!) She sent a six page contract, seems legit, but I'm just a nurse!

No info on the web that I can find regarding them being scams or frauds. No info on BBB either. Nothing when I search TUG.

Anyone heard of this law team??

So.........on your first day of TUG registration, in your first TUG post, you are asking about an entity that "cold called" you out of the blue weeks ago and now, weeks later, suddenly has a lucrative "offer" for you? :ponder:

A cynic might be dubious about the validity of this heretofore unknown cold calling "firm" --- and perhaps about your posted inquiry as well.
A cynic might even speculate that you could just be introducing the firm name for exposure / appearance in future Internet searches, said inquiry soon to be followed by another (first time) poster suddenly appearing out of thin air to sing the praises of this "firm", claiming success and satisfaction, money raining down to their great delight. It would not be the first time that such a fairy tale sequence has unfolded here.

That's what a cynic might say. Me? I guess for now you can just color me dubious. :rolleyes:
There is definitely a scam at work here --- only the origin, intent and identity of the actual participant(s) is not yet clear.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, it isn't a law firm, it's a dirty filthy scammer. Tell her to pound sand.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

shaedo82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Solmar
So.........on your first day of TUG registration, in your first TUG post, you are asking now about an entity that "cold called" you out of the blue and with which you have allegedly already been corresponding for the past three weeks? :ponder:

A cynic might be dubious about the validity of this heretofore unknown "cold calling firm" and perhaps about your inquiry. A cynic might even speculate that you're really just introducing the firm name for exposure / appearance in future Internet searches, said inquiry soon to be followed by another (first time) poster appearing out of thin air to sing the praises of this "firm", claiming great and wondrous success and complete satisfaction.

That's what a cynic might say. Me? I guess you can just color me dubious. :rolleyes:
There is a scam at play here --- only the intent, number and identity of actual participants is actually unclear.
wow. thanks for your help. actually just a first timer. :(

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow. thanks for your help. actually just a first timer.

Bottom line is that there is absolutely no validity to this (or any other such cold calling) "firm" or "company" or entity. None. Zero. Nada.

If your inquiry is legit, you'd be wise to just lace up your running shoes and jog fast and far away from them --- and don't look back.
There is no buyer nor any potential buyer. Their only goal is to ultimately separate you from your money, not bring any money to you.

Last edited:

shaedo82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Solmar
wow. thanks for your help. actually just a first timer. :(
So.........on your first day of TUG registration, in your first TUG post, you are asking now about an entity that "cold called" you out of the blue and with which you have allegedly already been corresponding for the past three weeks? :ponder:

A cynic might be dubious about the validity of this heretofore unknown "cold calling firm" and perhaps about your inquiry. A cynic might even speculate that you're really just introducing the firm name for exposure / appearance in future Internet searches, said inquiry soon to be followed by another (first time) poster appearing out of thin air to sing the praises of this "firm", claiming great and wondrous success and complete satisfaction.

That's what a cynic might say. Me? I guess you can just color me dubious. :rolleyes:
There is a scam at play here --- only the intent, number and identity of the actual participants is actually unclear.
you are dead wrong. pinky promise.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Your experience has all the earmarks of a scam: cold call from an unknown entity, offer higher than what you
originally paid, and if they are offering to buy Grand Solmar, a Mexican timeshare, that's another red flag. Don't
waste your time on this.

shaedo82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Solmar
Thank you for all your responses. We were just {hoping}!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your responses. We were just {hoping}!
It's human nature to hope. And greed is a powerful emotion. Now, to assure yourself that this is a bogus 'offer' check the prices this resort actually sells for on eBay. It will be $1. OR LESS! These shysters would hope to have you 'on the hook', then this 'buyer' would drop out, or taxes would have to be paid, or some 'transfer fee'. And they would promise that you would be reimbursed when they get the money from someone.

We've heard it all before.

Bottom line- NEVER pay an upfront fee to sell your timeshare- higher than maybe $50 for advertising. Good Luck!

BTW, Mexican timeshares have exorbitant transfer fees. Far more than any reasonable person would pay. We usually advise people to simply stop paying when they want out. There is no deed to foreclose, and though they'll threaten to send you to collection, there is little except to cancel their membership that they can do.

Jim

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
And this is no surprise. The website was created about 8 weeks ago- November 28th.

Fourcrazykids

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande, Grand Solmar, Grand Myan
Like you, I was also approached by Dana at Ralston and Reiner & Associates about selling my timeshare at Grand Solmar for a price higher than I would have sold it for. I signed the offer agreement and then got notification from the "closing department" that I needed to pay the Mexico income tax for myself on the sale to an agent in Mexico prior to completing the sale. This tax of course would be refundable. I have not agreed to wire transfer any money to Mexico for fear I would never get my money back and there would be no sale. As a matter of curiosity they say they have a buyer for my 1 bedroom unit for $21,900. Is this the same amount for you or are they just quoting different sales prices?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like you, I was also approached by Dana at Ralston and Reiner & Associates about selling my timeshare at Grand Solmar for a price higher than I would have sold it for. I signed the offer agreement and then got notification from the "closing department" that I needed to pay the Mexico income tax for myself on the sale to an agent in Mexico prior to completing the sale. This tax of course would be refundable. I have not agreed to wire transfer any money to Mexico for fear I would never get my money back and there would be no sale. As a matter of curiosity they say they have a buyer for my 1 bedroom unit for $21,900. Is this the same amount for you or are they just quoting different sales prices?
This is a total scam. It is immaterial how much the quote was.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a total scam. It is immaterial how much the quote was.

Exactly so. There is no buyer --- not at any price --- and no participating wannabe seller will ever actually see a penny. Period, amen.

The scam works by first luring you with the shiny (but meaningless and empty) promise of a hefty payout --- essentially appealing to greed.
If a "wannabe seller" responds favorably, the hook is set and the reeling in begins. Still blinded by big dollar signs, the wannabe seller suddenly needs to pre-pay (by non-traceable and non-recoverable wire transfer) a title tax or fajita fee or some other such contrived nonsense.
If money gets wired, it's game over --- you lose. The mythical buyer (who never really existed) and the wired money are both gone forever.
In even more brazen scams, a second non-existent fee (taco tariff? transfer tax?) might suddenly also be "urgently required to proceed".

Think about this logically for a moment:
Question: In what possible legitimate transaction would any seller of anything have to pay money upfront to sell something of value?
Answer: None.

The End.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From an entertainment perspective, I enjoyed the line that the pre-paid money (to be sent only by non-traceable, non-recoverable wire transfer) is to "pay the Mexico income tax to an agent in Mexico prior to completing the sale" and this mythical "income tax" would then be "refunded" o_O.
It's all just convoluted, illogical, song and dance and utter nonsense of course, but it is still quite creative and (mildly) amusing nonetheless. :D

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
There is no buyer and there have been no prior sales at any amount. This is all just part of the big scam. Get the idea out of your head that anything they have told you is a fact. You would do well to cut off any communication with them as their only objective is to take your money.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a test. Ask yourself why ANYONE would cold call people to give them money. Right. NO ONE will EVER call you out of the blue to give you money. Especially when what you have that they allegedly want is available free from multiple sources.
Jim

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or my favorite: String them along and then when they ask for fees, tell them to take it out of your proceeds.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or my favorite: String them along and then when they ask for fees, tell them to take it out of your proceeds.

And I can almost hear the prompt, desperate response: "Sorry, we can't really do that, because it would be....";

--- a violation of our Mexico income tax laws, or...
--- against current taco tariff and / or flan fee regulations, or...
--- against the resort requirement that we collect certain fees in advance (by untraceable wire transfer :rolleyes:) in order to effect the transfer, or...
--- just substitute any tall tall of your own choice or preference or imagination here instead. ;)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. At which point you recommend they take plenty of vaseline with them to prison, and hang up.