• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers contracted Coronavirus? [MERGED]

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Updating the Washington State COVID-19 numbers from this thread:

March 13: 568 positive cases, 37 fatalities
March 23, 2221 positive cases, 110 fatalities
March 27, 3700 positive cases, 175 fatalities
March 31, 5984 positive cases, 247 fatalities

:( Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So far my wife and I are doing fine, but are nervous one of us will come down with it. I am the one doing all the shopping and trips out as she is immune suppressed. Actually we both got super sick in January with a respiratory illness, she ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I am sort of hopping that might have been Covid, but really no way of knowing. That would have been very early for it, but not entirely impossible.
COVID-19 is highly contagious and you may want to rethink about doing shopping and trips at all. If you catch it, she will get it. Our PCP told us to simply stay home - no shopping trips.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
There was something going around the US early in the year. But my understanding is that it was not COVID-19. But until they develop and release a test looking for anti bodies that is NO way to be absolutely sure.

I agree it was more likely something else, and i would most likely not even have considered the idea other than the fact that both of us come into contact with people who travel to some of the early hotspots. I was last in Asia just before the first cases in China, so unlikely i picked it up there, but i do meet with coworkers that traveled to the region.

In any event i am not altering my behaviors thinking we might be immune.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I agree it was more likely something else, and i would most likely not even have considered the idea other than the fact that both of us come into contact with people who travel to some of the early hotspots. I was last in Asia just before the first cases in China, so unlikely i picked it up there, but i do meet with coworkers that traveled to the region.

In any event i am not altering my behaviors thinking we might be immune.

Well I ride share with the person who had the weird flu. He had a cough, and we were confined to a car. Since Covid is so easily transferred, and my friend came down with this flu yet I caught nothing. That is why I suspect his was NOT COVID-19.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
COVID-19 is highly contagious and you may want to rethink about doing shopping and trips at all. If you catch it, she will get it. Our PCP told us to simply stay home - no shopping trips.

My wife's transplant team was not as restrictive in their guidance... and unfortunately she is still going into the office occasionally. I just have to accept that i can't control her actions...

As for the shopping, i am trying to limit the trips, and time my visit for when the stores are least crowded. I wish i had stocked up more in advance, now i am trying to overbuy each week to limit my trips out.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
She was moved to the hospital Wednesday night with pneumonia and put on a respirator/ventilator. No real news since then (obviously no visitors) which I guess is good news.

She has been sedated on a ventilator for about a week now. They have tried to bring her to conciousness a couple of times but her vital signs plummet. As Gov Guomo keeps saying "The longer someone stays on a ventilator the less likely they are to recover."

I fear the outcome will not be good and may come soon.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Updates, please...
Haven't seen a post from CPNY, Sandy VDH, normab and JohnPaul lately. Praying that no news is good news.
Barb
CPNY and Sandy VDH posted earlier today and JohnPaul last night.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They sent my aunt home because of a shortage of beds as her case was not yet as bad as others. She lives in smaller location and not a bigger city, with larger hospitals.

My cousin is the only one in to help her and feed her. He has to do a suit out like the hospital staff.

We are all concerned. She is not feeling better.

Last edited:

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this. May God be with her and all of you.

She has been sedated on a ventilator for about a week now. They have tried to bring her to conciousness a couple of times but her vital signs plummet. As Gov Guomo keeps saying "The longer someone stays on a ventilator the less likely they are to recover."

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

Our friend died today at 3pm after she was taken off of the ventilator.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
These kind of reports are going to be all too common, I'm afraid. So sorry, friends, for your losses.

I understand if a person is on a ventilator for too long, it's very difficult to get them off of it. Once your system gets "tired," it's hard for it to fight the virus. It often ends badly.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Updating the Washington State COVID-19 numbers from this thread:

March 13: 568 positive cases, 37 fatalities
March 23: 2221 positive cases, 110 fatalities
March 27: 3700 positive cases, 175 fatalities
March 31: 5984 positive cases, 247 fatalities
April 3: 7591 positive cases, 310 fatalities

I know when compared to some other states these numbers seem low, but I've been tracking this since it all started out here. Washington State had the first confirmed case in the nation, back in January. The first fatality here was in late February. By the time testing started on a wide scale, the numbers started to climb very quickly. If you compare these dates, you'll see these numbers are the differences in just 22 days. That's barely over three weeks. They're telling us we're a couple of weeks ahead of the rest of the nation with this.

I'm posting these so people will understand how deadly this virus is. Please stay safe, and stay healthy!

:( Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My 23 year old told me she's been coughing for a couple days and it keeps getting worse. Five days prior, she went to the grocery store. She hadn't left her apartment for at least 10 days before that. She lives alone and has asthma. I wanted to bring her over here, but she won't come because she's afraid I'll get sick. I brought her some provisions last night (she tried really hard to stop me from coming). I left it outside her door and texted her when I was back in the car. I wanted to take her to get a test, but she said there's no way she'll get in a car with me and she doesn't want to go out anywhere, thinking she will spread it around. It's a dry cough in her lungs - no fever as of last night. She said it feels nothing like asthma or any cold or flu she's ever had.
We're pretty sure that my daughter *didn't * have it because she got better but when speaking to her doctor they really harped on the fever, and they were really concerned only if it went over 100.5. Does your daughter have a thermometer at home? My daughter wouldn't have known that she had a fever. She didn't feel feverish but she ran a fever for over a week, but only once was it 100.5, mostly around 100.3.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There was something going around the US early in the year. But my understanding is that it was not COVID-19. But until they develop and release a test looking for anti bodies that is NO way to be absolutely sure.

I had a friend who was very sick in very early February. I was with him in the car, as we ride-share. That night he had the worst fever and body ache he has ever had in his life. He responded well to Tamiflu and quickly got better with prescription. Thankfully, I did NOT come down with anything, and that was 7 weeks ago already. My guess is just odd flu variant this year.
I had that horrible flu and I can confirm the severity of those body aches.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So far my wife and I are doing fine, but are nervous one of us will come down with it. I am the one doing all the shopping and trips out as she is immune suppressed. Actually we both got super sick in January with a respiratory illness, she ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I am sort of hopping that might have been Covid, but really no way of knowing. That would have been very early for it, but not entirely impossible.
Since it's supposed to be peaking in our area we are staying put for the next three weeks. Maybe you can have groceries delivered. I'm also immunocompromised and taking no chances.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My son's friend, his parents, sister and her family have it. Son was supposed to go on an annual buddy trip with him and other men this winter. Son was not able to go. Thank goodness. The day after their return the friend started feeling sick. It took a couple weeks to accurately diagnose him. His mom was hospitalized. If nothing else, friend was a carrier on that trip. They all live in different towns, too. It was the mom visiting the sister that brought the virus to that family.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just found out that my cousins daughter caught the virus spring break, in hospital with pneumonia and passed the virus to her parents.
brother in laws sister in law caught it helping elderly neighbors

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just heard my sisters neighbors nephew 42 years old, perfectly healthy passed away this week after being on a respirator for 19 days.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Just heard my sisters neighbors nephew 42 years old, perfectly healthy passed away this week after being on a respirator for 19 days.

So sad, I am so sorry.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We were shocked to find out today that my husband's twin male cousins and their spouses who all live in the same house- our age-have COVID19. Worse yet, one of the spouses has been battling a rare cancer for a few years and is now in the hospital with Hospice. Sadder still her husband (my husband hunts with him every year) is in a different hospital and cannot be with her. Heartbreaking.:(

His twin brother and his spouse are at home.

BTW- They live in Queens, NY, the epicenter of all this in NY.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We were shocked to find out today that my husband's twin male cousins and their spouses who all live in the same house- our age-have COVID19. Worse yet, one of the spouses has been battling a rare cancer for a few years and is now in the hospital with Hospice. Sadder still her husband (my husband hunts with him every year) is in a different hospital and cannot be with her. Heartbreaking.:(

His twin brother and his spouse are at home.

I am so sorry to hear this, WinniWoman. I hope they will come out of this in a healthy way. My heart goes out to you.