• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers contracted Coronavirus? [MERGED]

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm hearing that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, also Prime Minister Trudeau's wife, and the Mayor of Miami all have the coronavirus. I'm wondering if any Tuggers have contracted it?

For the record, my spouse and I have not caught it. But with spouse working the Costco Refund Counter every day, we both expect the virus to make its way to our house. We're being cautious. As of 2:00PM this afternoon, Washington State has 568 positive cases of Covid-19, and 37 deaths from it. 6001 people have tested negative. No idea how many may have it and not know it.

How about you?

This image is one to keep handy:

IMG_1497.JPG

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
So far so good. But we're beginning to think we should have stayed on Maui.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We’re both fine here. I have to go to Hilo next week for a couple days. It’s essential business so I have the ok to go but no work trips after that. I had to cancel a work trip to Portland in April but that was fine with me.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your mention of Tom Hanks reminded me that I was surprised to learn he has type 2 diabetes. Could be cause for concern for him.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How about expand to include family members?
Learned today my grandaughter's sig other may have been exposed in his job as EMT in San Jose area. Waiting to hear more. They are scheduled to leave for Kauai on 3/31.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a TUGger who posted from the Grand Princess. He said he was ok, though quarantined but his niece (iirc) was tested positive. Haven't caught an update.

Be careful. We're avoiding crowds and sticking pretty close to home. Both Paula and I are in the highest risk age group and we both have underlieing issues. Otoh, we've had our three score and ten and then some, so no complaints. It's been a helluva ride! What's next?

Jim

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Anyway, as of today, I can not say either way. Probably no.

Bill

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect many of us may have been exposed. Today I was standing very close to several lady golfers in the golf shop as it was raining, just before tournament time. I heard from the golf pro that several of the couples were dropping out. So I just casually asked who was dropping out. This woman who was within 2 feet of me said she wasn't going to be playing as she has been having this cough for a couple of weeks and did not want others to think she had coronavirus. WTF! Why was she even there? Then behind me was another women who kept coughing. Now I am going to worry about having symptoms for the next 2 weeks.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patti and I are both taking precautions. We are both in our mid-60's. While I smoked for 40 years I have been off tobacco for 6 years. No breathing or lung issues. Patti has high blood pressure and is on a medication that reduces her immune system. So we not going out except to grocery store for essential items. We wash before we go. We wash when we get home. We wipe down our car handles, steering wheel, house door knobs, etc. We keep our distance from people when we are out. We clean the counters where the groceries sat. We have cancelled all our group events. Reduce exposure and take whatever proactive steps you can.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I suspect many of us may have been exposed. Today I was standing very close to several lady golfers in the golf shop as it was raining, just before tournament time. I heard from the golf pro that several of the couples were dropping out. So I just casually asked who was dropping out. This woman who was within 2 feet of me said she wasn't going to be playing as she has been having this cough for a couple of weeks and did not want others to think she had coronavirus. WTF! Why was she even there? Then behind me was another women who kept coughing. Now I am going to worry about having symptoms for the next 2 weeks.
I've had a cough since early January when I had the flu. It's almost gone but every once in awhile I have a coughing jag. So it's probably nothing.

I don't have anything at the moment, but since I take an immunosuppressant daily, I am glad to see others being careful. I usually don't get sick, but I've had 6 months of colds, flu, reactions to vaccines, RA flares, and an antibiotic resistant recurrent infection. My immune system is out of whack for sure and I will be glad to see this virus become yesterday's news.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far so good. I do have spring allergies and late fall allergies. I hope this is not a problem.

geekette

Reaction score
That asymptomatic issue bothers me. Plus, we all know people that go out and about regardless. I have been limiting contact for weeks now and live alone so I may get through unscathed, but think most of us will get it, so aiming for late patient vs early. I'll take your bout, Katherine. I make a good herd member as I have always been relatively healthy and zero chronic anything so far. My flu shot was very late this year so I may have the right formulation to ward off other ick going around. I do want to get pneumonia shot and will next time meds refill. Probably shoot for first thing after open.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a cough since early January when I had the flu. It's almost gone but every once in awhile I have a coughing jag. So it's probably nothing.

I don't have anything at the moment, but since I take an immunosuppressant daily, I am glad to see others being careful. I usually don't get sick, but I've had 6 months of cold, flu, reactions to vaccines, RA flares, and an antibiotic resistant recurrent infection. My immune system is out of whack for sure and I will be glad to see this virus become yesterday's news.
Being careful is very important.

The problem with this woman was that she said she didn't want to go out in the cold and rain as she had been coughing for 2 weeks and did not want people to think she had coronavirus. I asked her if she had a cold or flu and she said no. So she really had no idea what she had except for a cough for the past 2 weeks. She should simply have stayed at home and not signed up for the tournament.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning I had a tickle in my throat and warned my husband about it. After coughing twice the tickle seems to have gone. I do get post nasal drip and mornings are usually the problem. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was a false alarm.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So once again Tom Hanks is stuck on an island with Wilson. (Yes, I know Australia actually is a continent)

Ok, that's funny right there. :D

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm actually thinking the lack of reported cases here on TUG is a reflection of true reality.

I think there may still be a lot of unknowns at this point. In my area, there are a lot of people presenting with symptoms at the Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care centers, but testing results are slow. They'll take a swab, do a preliminary test locally, and if it is "indicated," will send a sample on for further testing. It may be several days or longer before test results are returned, and if they need final confirmation from the CDC, it can take even longer. So doctors here are doing what they can, quarantining those they feel are most likely infected, and playing the waiting game till results come back. They confirmed the first "official" case of Covid-19 in my county the other day, but there are a number of others who are "presumed positive," and who are being treated as such.

Dave

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Two weeks ago I had begun with some congestion and two days of diarrhea, didn’t think anything of it, then a day or two of nausea, I went to bed with chills one night and woke up with a sore throat, and body aches. I also had a dry cough during this time. Added with all of that was fatigue. Also had watery eyes. Everything just hitting at once. Symptoms that made me question “why am I getting this” but corona never crossed my mind until I read symptoms. I read the story of the PA in NJ he got it from a conference in Times Square he went to and his succession of symptoms were exactly like mine, starting with the diarrhea. When he said watery eyes I perked up to the story. It’s a gray area because it all overlaps with colds, minor flu, allergies then corona. I asked a dr and they said stay home. I’ve been home every since. All symptoms have improved even the dry cough however I’m having difficulty breathing on occasion, mainly having to take deep breaths every once in a while. I was told I wouldn’t be tested because there were not enough tests so stay home. It’s difficult because you get the message to stay home but you feel fine. Knowing how it can spread I’m staying home and thankful I went to costco weeks ago to stock up while everyone was making jokes, I have enough food for bkfst lunch and dinner for three weeks. I have a consult with virtual urgent care this afternoon just to run down the symptoms and explain the deep breaths. If they say i can leave the house I still will not. I will stay a few more days and make a quick run to the store (10 steps from my building) IF and only IF I need anything. Other than that, I’m home watching plenty of movies.

I rarely get sick, living in NYC it is a high possibility. We shall see

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
So once again Tom Hanks is stuck on an island with Wilson. (Yes, I know Australia actually is a continent)

I was recently on that island that Tom was on. While on my tradewinds Fiji trip in September, we stopped at Castaway Island.
20190911_102949.jpg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I have a persistent cough year round, plus a runny nose. I'm sure people will think I have it.

And here I sit in a terminal at SFO. Not as crowded as when we left a little over two weeks ago.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Funny about Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. I never thought of that ball being her last name before this. But Wilson was the name of the company that made the ball, right? So it was a coincidence. Or maybe they chose Wilson and not Spaulding for that reason.

The world has gone crazy over this virus. My mother-in-law, who is almost 92, is not doing anything different. Rick talks to her every morning, and she went to the Elks' Club last night and is going today. She has her drink, today she is having corned beef and cabbage, and she is not slowing down with any of her activities. She was shocked to see the shortages at the grocery store, something she hasn't seen since she was a young woman.

Such a strange, strange time for all of us.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Put me down as an untested Yes.
See my thread posted this morning: Could Apple Watch Data be used for tracking Pandemics?

Edited to add a timeshare twist: Drat! I lost WM credits over this.
Worldmark is now offering a COVID-19 cancellation policy that did not exist when I was sick. We cancelled our WM reservations for New Years due to my being sick over Christmas. I couldn't ask for "special considerations" then that I could ask for under the recent policy based on our travel locations. Oh, well!

FWIW, I did get roughly half of our credits back thanks to partial use of our dates by other members. Phew! WM's cancellation policies are quite generous!
(LOL, I wasn't so sick as to not call after the reservation date period to check for restored credits! I made that phone call and recall the WM rep being quite sick herself but pushing through it.)

Last edited: