• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any good/successful eBay stories out there??!!

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
HGVC on the Boulevard Las Vegas
Hi everybody, so I wanted to give my latest on BCS Rentals on ebay. I was very patient, I waited the full 16 weeks that my auction said it may take. From there I had enough. I took it upon myself to call the county clerks office of where this time share was suppose to be recorded, and surprise surprise, there was nothing pending or submitted in my name, no record of the TS Title company that is their so-called in-house title company. This woman Katie, or whatever her real name is, does not have these timeshares in stock. I went months being told that Hilton already transferred it and we're waiting for the county. The county woman, who was so nice and helpful advised me that deeds are recorded within 48 hours.

I contacted ebay, American Express, and I also filed a ic3.gov ticket which is the FBI site for internet fraud. I'll probably start a new thread with all the users info so there are more search results when people Google that company when they do their research. That is until this crook changes her user name. eBay told me they were going to investigate and that the feedback on her IP address is suspicious, meaning false feedback by herself under other name to build up her profile. Any other auction, like me, ran out of their 90-day window to leave real feedback. I've left probably upward to 30 messages and never a call back but then emails me back stating she has no calls from me. She's a piece of work and definitely selling items she doesn't have. So BUYER BEWARE and I hope everybody gets their proper refunds.

Last edited:

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
Hi, so I'm a first time potential buyer, I love this site and have learned so much from everybody's posts. I've read so many ebay posts on this forum and like many others I was burned by ebay on my first attempt.

Before I continue let me just say *BUYER BEWARE* from BCSRentals on ebay. BCS Rentals is a fraudulent operation.

Many of the ebay sellers have been doing this for a very long time so it can't all be bad and the prices are the lowest, yet not low enough to say it's too good to be true. With that said, I'm looking for an HGVC package. I see some very good ones but now I'm hoping that with all the years of experience on this site, some may have insight to the "good guys" on ebay. The top HGVC sellers on ebay currently are:

-Discount Timeshares - but the user name is cybernaut303?? I've seen some people say this used to be CJ Timeshares and that they had a good experience. 3102 feedback posts, but apparently the user name changes a lot with other sales reps just using the overall company name, 94.6% positive.
-Tochoa25 - 1445 feedback, 100% positive
-Timesharefriend - 497 feedback, 96.4% positive
-Timesharevacationbrokers - 100% positive but only 25 feedback though

If anybody has experience with any of them I would love to hear about it. I look forward to all your help.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

I have merged your related posts. If you have more comments/questions, for the sake of continuity, please post them is this thread.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm a first time potential buyer, I love this site and have learned so much from everybody's posts. I've read so many ebay posts on this forum and like many others I was burned by ebay on my first attempt.

Before I continue let me just say *BUYER BEWARE* from BCSRentals on ebay. BCS Rentals is a fraudulent operation.

Many of the ebay sellers have been doing this for a very long time so it can't all be bad and the prices are the lowest, yet not low enough to say it's too good to be true. With that said, I'm looking for an HGVC package. I see some very good ones but now I'm hoping that with all the years of experience on this site, some may have insight to the "good guys" on ebay. The top HGVC sellers on ebay currently are:

-Discount Timeshares - but the user name is cybernaut303?? I've seen some people say this used to be CJ Timeshares and that they had a good experience. 3102 feedback posts, but apparently the user name changes a lot with other sales reps just using the overall company name, 94.6% positive.
-Tochoa25 - 1445 feedback, 100% positive
-Timesharefriend - 497 feedback, 96.4% positive
-Timesharevacationbrokers - 100% positive but only 25 feedback though

If anybody has experience with any of them I would love to hear about it. I look forward to all your help.

Cybernaut303 is but one of the salespeople that work for discount timeshares and yes they are the former CJ timeshares I've been buying from them for 5 years. Without issue. That's not to say that there never has been a problem. There have been problems but all have been resolved to my satisfaction

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
For future reference, this is usually how a transfer goes:

-You are sent docs to sign and return for the purchase - you may be asked to have them notarized. You usually have to send payment with the Docs.

-Then the title company files a new deed with the county recorder's office.

-The country recorder's office sends the recorded and stamped deed back to the title company - at this point, the title company should send the buyer a copy of the recorded deed to document that it has been recorded.

-Then, the title company files the recorded deed with the resort title office.

-The resort title office sends you some kind of welcome letter - may take a few weeks.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG.

There ones I dealt with and are good and legit:

-Discount Timeshares
-Tochoa25
-Timesharevacationbrokers

There are others too that are not on eBay that deal with HGVC.

Best of luck.

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
Hi Samara,
Thanks for your feedback, so you've gone from beginning to end with all of them? Can you either message me or post the other non ebay contacts that you have good experiences with? Have you found those brokers to be more expensive then the ebay offers or in line with them? Thanks!!

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any good/successful eBay stories out there??!!

I have purchased four timeshares off eBay

Grandview in Las Vegas
Silverleaf Hill Country
2x Silverleaf Holiday Hills

All are success stories I paid like 0.00000001% of what the original owner paid.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had excellent Ebay transactions from CJ Timeshares and Sumday vacations. Sumday also sells via their website for very cheap prices. You may want to check it out. I bought off of their site and also from them on Ebay. I would be totally comfortable to buy from either of them again.

I had a bad experience with IA vacations. They change their name often and there is a really long thread here with their various names.

P.S. You will pay more with a resale agent than bidding on ebay. However, in many cases it is worth it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've gone beginning to end with something like 200 timeshare purchases on eBay and no one has stolen my money, yet. One would have except that I drove 500 miles to his house and didn't leave until I got my recorded deed

In my experience you have little to worry about

My advise is, however, know the product inside and out, ie know what you are buying and know your seller, at least by reputation and most important don't bid any more than you are willing to loose

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine went exactly as promised. It was a great transaction.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
... One would have except that I drove 500 miles to his house and didn't leave until I got my recorded deed.....

Wow, I'm thinking there is an eBay story buried right there. Now that is an offbeat timeshare transaction!!!:eek:

Talk about the tenacity of TUGGERS and what we won't do for a good deal.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I've had all good luck with all my Ebay buys.

J and J and Sumday , they did a awesome job with getting them thru in a timely fashion.
One can't expect them to be experts on every timeshare system and how that system works.

Take the time to learn the system your interested in , make the purchase you want. They can sure push the paperwork thru

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is a reason that BCS auctions go for hundreds if not thousands less than many other ebay sellers. I wouldn't bid on one unless I was willing to lose my money or tie up my money for 6-12 plus months with only about a 10% chance in the deal ever closing.

I think there has been 1 person who reported on TUG ever closing a deal with them and I don't remember how long that took. There are at least 1 or 2 different topics on them mostly filled with be cautious type warnings.

I don't know if it was ever definitively proven that they are Redweeks4less or not but they certainly are well on the way to having that type of reputation.

They are the worst of the worst. There are definitely bumps and hiccups with other sellers (some more than others) but nothing on the same scale.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased one additional week each for the Maui Schooner and Alii Kai II using ebay and had no problems.

There was also a steam locomotive on ebay for sale but someone else overbid me. :hysterical:

Sterling

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
eBay All The Way.

We got most of our timeshares via eBay, including the 1 timeshare we have left after selling or giving away all the others.

The ones we didn't get via eBay were all resales -- never any full freight timeshares from any timeshare companies.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Had about a dozen with various sellers, all eventually turned out ok, but not without some bitching on my part. I don't know that I would throw the towel in just yet. Are you sure you have exhausted all available efforts to get that unit recorded into your name? eBay sellers are notoriously SLOW.

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
Had about a dozen with various sellers, all eventually turned out ok, but not without some bitching on my part. I don't know that I would throw the towel in just yet. Are you sure you have exhausted all available efforts to get that unit recorded into your name? eBay sellers are notoriously SLOW.

I desperately want to believe that it will happen but I don't see it. She hasn't returned a phone call after a million messages, sends random emails on 2 week old emails, and again I called Clark County in Nevada to ask about the status and there was nothing recorded or pending. I've read about the practice that they'll post highly desirable locations w/o having it in hopes of getting one after a buyer. I'm guessing that is her game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
There is a reason that BCS auctions go for hundreds if not thousands less than many other ebay sellers. I wouldn't bid on one unless I was willing to lose my money or tie up my money for 6-12 plus months with only about a 10% chance in the deal ever closing.

I think there has been 1 person who reported on TUG ever closing a deal with them and I don't remember how long that took. There are at least 1 or 2 different topics on them mostly filled with be cautious type warnings.

I don't know if it was ever definitively proven that they are Redweeks4less or not but they certainly are well on the way to having that type of reputation.

They are the worst of the worst. There are definitely bumps and hiccups with other sellers (some more than others) but nothing on the same scale.

I'm not sure if they are redweeks4less but I can tell you the credit card charge was recorded as Vacation Experts LLC. which had a C+ BBB rating when I researched it. Does that ring any bells?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Grandview in Las Vegas
Silverleaf Hill Country

All are success stories I paid like 0.00000001% of what the original owner paid.

Did you pay 1 penny on something they paid $100,000?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Grandview in Las Vegas
Silverleaf Hill Country

Wow i didn't know there were timeshares you could buy for a $1 on resale that originally cost 10 billion dollars! The original buyers definetly paid to much!

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I desperately want to believe that it will happen but I don't see it. She hasn't returned a phone call after a million messages, sends random emails on 2 week old emails, and again I called Clark County in Nevada to ask about the status and there was nothing recorded or pending. I've read about the practice that they'll post highly desirable locations w/o having it in hopes of getting one after a buyer. I'm guessing that is her game.

What resort did you buy? I have never heard of ebay sellers doing that, but i suppose anything is possible. I think if she is still responding to you that eventually you will get what you are looking for. If you do a search on my recent past posts you will see a thread that I responded on, where I waited over 9 months for a unit to close from an ebay sale, but it eventually did and everything was fine. I had to bitch several times over several months to get some action, though. Don't give up hope just yet.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)