• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any experience with Sierra Rentals and Resales??

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Wow...good thread though sadly, it seems to be a continuous issue. Scammers have always been associated with TS...and to think I thought only the developers had Weasels...

Sure am glad I found this site...if for no other reason than to know exactly why I will never respond to all those "Sell Your Timeshare" letters I get at my house.

Guess I really ought to get around to actually becoming a TUG member. Probably next month. :shrug:

intelligent?

Reaction score
Isn't the creator of the complaints board also a tugs administrator?

And if you find timeshares so loathsome why do you advertise them? Isn't that further driving the dream that can't be real?

As for being affiliated with Sierra, can't say that I am, but I do enjoy rocking the boat of conformity. I notice you removed one of my posts, were the questions contained in it some how advertising?

If I post from Canada is that going to make a difference in whether or not my post stays?

If I said I got paid would the post stay up? Or would you remove it and claim I was advertising? Your opinions seem to jaded to represent any real integrity, and you are in constant contradiction.

Your user agreement looks like it was written in 1943, by a funny looking guy that spoke strangely. Your reserve the right to say anything you want, and make what I say whatever you want, or completely delete it.

I don't think there's much hope for this post, but if you have to edit it out at least you might read it.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%...

I don't think there's much hope for this post...

...nor any logical or rational train of thought reflected therein either, I might add. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Your user agreement looks like it was written in 1943, by a funny looking guy that spoke strangely. Your reserve the right to say anything you want, and make what I say whatever you want, or completely delete it.

Yet you...like everyone else who registers here clicks "I agree to these terms" in order to gain the privilege of posting here.

If you dont like it you have two options:

1. start your own site where you can make whatever rules you like.

2. dont click "I agree" to terms and conditions you dont agree to.

the notion of "Ill go ahead and agree to certain parts of the terms and conditions and if it inconveniences me ill ignore them" is not a option on this forum.

lazerator

Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on this offer from Sierra to sell your timeshare yet? I see some offers were made in February...did any of you actually get any money?

I've received the same offer to sell my Velas Vallarta timeshare to Joy Residence Club, and would like to know if it's legit, or how to go about protecting myself. It sounds like nobody has been actually ripped off, and nobody has really gotten any money yet. I understand both sides, but want to hear people's experiences.

If this is a scam, I don't understand how they can get away with it for so long. It seems like they would have been shut down by now and prosecuted.

Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please go back and read all the posts in this thread. This is clearly a scam.

lazerator

Reaction score
I did read all the posts, but it's been several months and I wondered if it really did work out for anyone. I doubt it, but thought I'd check. I'm not going to give them any money upfront.

Last edited:

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did read all the posts, but it's been several months and I wondered if it really did work out for anyone. I doubt it, but thought I'd check. I'm not going to give them any money upfront.

They have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. The chief source of complaints is their failure to honor their contracts and failure to provide promised refunds.

gomezlor

Reaction score
Sierra

I've been asked by one of the moderators to post about my experience with Sierra so far. The buyer (Joy A Residence Club) wants 100 weeks, so they have to have 100 weeks under contract to close. Because people keep getting scared from what they read on the internet, they pull out and Sierra has to replace them. So, this process continues to drag on. I know that half the readers here will think I'm an idiot, but I continue to think that this is a legitimate deal, as Sierra has continued to be responsive to my inquiries, and gives timely updates as requested.

I'll be sure to post another update if anything changes.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I've been asked by one of the moderators to post about my experience with Sierra so far. The buyer (Joy A Residence Club) wants 100 weeks, so they have to have 100 weeks under contract to close. Because people keep getting scared from what they read on the internet, they pull out and Sierra has to replace them. So, this process continues to drag on. I know that half the readers here will think I'm an idiot, but I continue to think that this is a legitimate deal, as Sierra has continued to be responsive to my inquiries, and gives timely updates as requested.

I'll be sure to post another update if anything changes.

I'd be concerned, because now you are past the date where you can challenge this with your AMEX. What's your backup plan?

*BTW - I did ask her to post an update.

Last edited:

hpjtv

Reaction score
I'm really curios to see how this turns out as I received the same offer for my TS for my resort in Playa Del Carmen. The same person has been calling me almost every day now for the past two weeks trying to complete the deal. I've already sent them my resort info and signed a form agreeing to the purchase price for my TS. In order to close the deal, I would have to now send $1995. Fortunately, I'm glad I found this site and now I'm going to be more cautious. They've already taken $750 from me saying they'd sell some of my weeks every year but nothing has been sold 8 months now.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Avoid paying upfront fees

I'm really curios to see how this turns out as I received the same offer for my TS for my resort in Playa Del Carmen. The same person has been calling me almost every day now for the past two weeks trying to complete the deal. I've already sent them my resort info and signed a form agreeing to the purchase price for my TS. In order to close the deal, I would have to now send $1995. Fortunately, I'm glad I found this site and now I'm going to be more cautious. They've already taken $750 from me saying they'd sell some of my weeks every year but nothing has been sold 8 months now.

Sounds like you've figured it out but just to be clear DO NOT send them $1995 or you will have lost yet another big chunk of money to a scam. Your $750 is long gone. Cut your ties with this group and figure out what you plan to do going forward. Remember that upfront fees invariably turn out badly. Don't go that route again.

hpjtv

Reaction score
Sounds like you've figured it out but just to be clear DO NOT send them $1995 or you will have lost yet another big chunk of money to a scam. Your $750 is long gone. Cut your ties with this group and figure out what you plan to do going forward. Remember that upfront fees invariably turn out badly. Don't go that route again.

Thanks for the info. I wish I would have known about this site before I bought my first time share for $50k. They kept pressuring me to buy at "this moment" otherwise I wouldn't be able to get the bonuses and reduced price. The sales agent I spoke to was very nice, took care of all my needs while at the resort and we still keep in touch. I can't believe he referred me to this company to sell my shares. They even called me the next day while I was in Cancun to get their $750 for advertising.

Reaction score
The Velas Vallarta studios have been selling for next to nothing for a few years now. There annual fee is high compared to the other resorts in the area, and many of the newer contracts are AI mandatory, creating a negative value for owners. The resorts management has forced any exchange company to show these all as Mandatory AI, causing the trade value to drop as most exchangers don't want to spend $80-$100 per day on an AI fee while in Puerto Vallarta.

This is a real scam, selling a dream that can't be real, run, don't send them any money, please save yourself the $1195. It is almost enough to pay the AI fee for a week on your next visit to sunny Puerto Vallarta.:whoopie:

Greg

Well, Velas Vallarta is actually $149.00 Dollars a day. We stayed there last year. It was ok, but not worth $149 bucks a day.

Reaction score
I'd be concerned, because now you are past the date where you can challenge this with your AMEX. What's your backup plan?

*BTW - I did ask her to post an update.

If you used AMEX it is good, because with them you can challenge even a year later. At least I heard this, my friend has the AMEX and she says that is why she prefers that card.

Reaction score
Rentals

I asked last week if anyone has EVER had luck with rentals. My mom had gotten some calls from a company called Mecca Management in Nebraska. I was just wondering the same as everyone. Has anyone heard of Mecca Management?

hpjtv

Reaction score
Well, I finally complained to the sales agent who sold my time share about recommending me to Sierra. He felt bad about it so they are adding 10 more weeks to my contract and are altering the terms of my contract so that I can split my 2 bedroom/3 unit studios up so that I can get more weeks in single studio units.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked last week if anyone has EVER had luck with rentals. My mom had gotten some calls from a company called Mecca Management in Nebraska. I was just wondering the same as everyone. Has anyone heard of Mecca Management?

Never heard of them. Tell her not to give them any money upfront no matter how good they make it sound. Even if they claim to have a renter.

gomezlor

Reaction score
Update

I promised to update as more info became available to me, so here it goes:

Sierra says that they have finally secured 100 weeks under contract, the last few weeks are going through title search now, and we should be closing at the end of July, or early August at the latest. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious...

Any further word from Sierra to those who are supposed to be selling weeks to them? My guess is that more sellers allegedly backed out, and it will be "a few more weeks" until any sales close.

gomezlor

Reaction score
Sierra

Last I heard, they had the full 100 week complement, and closing was expected before the end of the month. Will update you as I hear more.....

KristinKat

Reaction score
Sierra

I am sick to my stomach... I too have been told by Sierra that I should be hearing back with the final stuff end of August/beginning of September. Gomez... Please stay in contact and give updates and I will, too.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am sick to my stomach... I too have been told by Sierra that I should be hearing back with the final stuff end of August/beginning of September. Gomez... Please stay in contact and give updates and I will, too.

Instead of waiting for updates, you should be doing everything in your power to get your money back.

Note that this thread is more than 8 mos. old, and no one has received a cent!

This is a scam...and they will keep you in limbo as long as possible, collecting money from more victims, and then they will ride off into the sunset with your money!

Last edited:

gomezlor

Reaction score
Update

I promised to keep everyone updated, so the latest is that Sierra has requested information from me to complete the international wire transfer. I confirmed with my bank that the info they were asking for was appropriate and didn't put me at risk in any way. Supposedly, the funds will be transferred in the very near future. Of course, I'll continue to keep you posted.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a hamburger today, I will gladly pay you on Tiesday