• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

An ER doctor loses custody of daughter because of coronavirus fears

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This would'a never gone to court had she voluntarily let the dad care for the child.
Sorry, but IMO, the doc is being selfish. She knows full-well the kid's safer w-dad.
Divorced parents are ego-centric and think it's about what they want. No, it's not.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
This is a tough one. Sounds like the parents may have had a pretty amicable agreement about custody. I do think it's very possible the child is better off with the dad right now. And it did say she lost custody temporarily.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I can see both sides but this is not being applied fairly. If she can lose her child, then what about all the doctors, nurses and other first responders who go home to their family every day? Should they lose their kids too? She made a good point that married people are not losing their kids. The American Medical Association says it is okay for medical professionals to go home to their families as long as they take proper precautions. I have heard other stories of this happening. I understand it is temporary but that is not the point. Is it fair to discriminate against divorced doctors and nurses while married doctors and nurses can go home every night to their kids? I think this should be the mom’s decision and the court should not get involved. Can you imagine how many kids could be removed from their parents now using this court decision? Her relationship with her ex might have been amicable before but many are not. It is a great time to take kids away from their parents.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago when I wasn't able to find any tp at Costco or the grocery store, I saw a post on the Nextdoor website about a janitorial supply business locally who was selling cases of tp to the general public. I had to make an appointment for the pickup and go to their loading dock at the back of the business, but it was worth the trip to get a case of 80 rolls for about $57. The rolls were individually wrapped and decent quality.

So if you can't find tp anywhere else, this might be an option.
I have never said our court system was fair.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Maybe, the court system does know what best. Maybe, the judge ruling was based upon some other factors; plus the coronavirus. The ER doctor have been wearing PPE while attending to Coronavirus patients in Florida.

Plus, the minor child was staying with the father, while the mother worked in the ER.
Is the father a stay home dad? Unknown factor

Does this minor child have a weak immune system? Unknown factor.

This is a temporary injunction.

The court system will be force to review this injunction in 30 days. IMO.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Here is another story in the New York Times about divorced parents losing custody. This one extends to firefighters too. Next it will be police, grocery stores workers, Home Depot employees... Where will it end?

———

New Battle for Those on Coronavirus Front Lines: Child Custody
Doctors, firefighters and others who risk exposure to Covid-19 are being taken to court by ex-spouses who want to keep them away from their children.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@TravelTime this makes me so sick and angry

I agree. It seems so unfair. It’s a double whammy for front line workers. We want them to take care of us but we are okay with them losing their kids just because they are taking care of us?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Sorry, peep, but it will end when parents focus more on what's best for their child instead of what they want for themselves.. They are not "losing" their kids; they are keeping them safe-r.

I suspect that, aside from the publicity seeking litigants, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of parents who are quietly making side arrangements with their ex's to protect their kids.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, peep, but it will end when parents focus more on what's best for their child instead of what they want for themselves.. They are not "losing" their kids; they are keeping them safe-r.

I suspect that, aside from the publicity seeking litigants, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of parents who are quietly making side arrangements with their ex's to protect their kids.

These cases are extending into situations for non front line workers too. My point is that front line workers are going home every night to their families. Should we take away all their kids until the pandemic is over? No, this is only a problem for divorced people who probably already have contentious relationships with their exes. One case in the NY Times was against a doctor who does not work with Covid-19 patients. She decided to stop seeing patients in person all together so she could see her kids. Another case was a firefighter who really does not present a risk. The mother asked for custody because some firefighters in his team tested positive for Covid-19. This could happen to anyone who is deemed an essential worker. My nephew is a firefighter and he is still working. He goes home every day to his wife and kids. Is he being unsafe? Is he putting his kids at risk? These court cases are a slippery slope.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may just be the beginning. Everyone who is divorced and shares custody, including other doctors, nurses and our first responders can all look over their shoulders.

First we have the government telling us to live our lives during this madness, now we have the court system. Social distancing has become parent/child distancing.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
So if you are a front line worker you must choose between saving lives or keeping your child?

Sadly the outcome will be that first line responders won't show up for work to keep their kids. Who will care for the ill?

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If front line workers need to choose between their families and us, who do you think they will pick? There will be no one working anymore at all.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This may just be the beginning. Everyone who is divorced and shares custody, including other doctors, nurses and our first responders can all look over their shoulders.

First we have the government telling us to live our lives during this madness, now we have the court system. Social distancing has become parent/child distancing.

This is something we can agree on. This court ruling is a slippery slope.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its about keeping the kids safer. Nothing more. Anyone in NYC working the front lines is putting their family at risk anytime they go home.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is something we can agree on. This court ruling is a slippery slope.

Who’s to say it won’t be extended to all front line workers? Maybe the government will decide front line workers should live separate from their families. Maybe they will create housing just for front line workers. These are scary times.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its about keeping the kids safer. Nothing more. Anyone in NYC working the front lines is putting their family at risk anytime they go home.

Yes, so by that logic, all front line workers should live separate from their families. Then we will have no one to work the front lines and more people will die.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We could go even further and say that no one should leave their homes at all. No grocery shopping. No going to Home Depot for garden supplies. No delivering food to people’s homes. No firefighters or police working. No surgeries or medical treatment of any kind. All of this is putting the front line workers and their families at risk.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If the logic is to "protect the child" then children of ALL front line workers, married and unmarried should be separated from their parent.

Let's also not forget that children are the least affected by Covid-19.

This is going too far.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

 William Shakespeare