• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you finding Toilet Paper now available?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in the Sarasota area. The stores where I shop are fully stocked with TP and paper towels--All brands. No hand sanitizer or clorox wipes to be found anywhere. The latest shortage I've found is butter!!!
I'll trade you butter for toilet paper. ;)

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Only problem with Costco Business is you need to order $250 worth of goods or pay $25 surcharge in Orange County, So. Cal. However, if you are desperate, it is possible.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Only problem with Costco Business is you need to order $250 worth of goods or pay $25 surcharge. However, if you are desperate, it is possible.

By us it's only $100 or a $10 surcharge. They have dishwasher detergent but no toilet paper or anything with Clorox.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
That's great, easy to order $100 @ Costco!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I clicked on the Bounty towels they changed to out of stock.

Maybe I bought the last bag. :ROFLMAO: Including this order, I now have 4 unopened bags of paper towel. <I am a hoarder.>
Same with the TP. I've experienced this over and over within just a few minutes of someone posting that something was available online. No. It just isn't (here at least). I'm getting more and more resigned to just having to show up somewhere in person.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
!!! but, why? People need it!
I do it because I need to make up my order to $75 for free delivery. I have had several items which my husband wanted in my cart for more than a week, unsalted mixed nuts and pistachios, but I did not have enough to make up $75. I tried hard to look for other stuff to add to the cart and when both TP and paper towel showed up as available, I picked paper towel to make up to $75. My husband goes through paper towel whenever he cleans up the kitchen. They will get used.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
The normal 2 day delivery for non perishables from Costco is running 10 days in my area. I guess my only alternative is to go early tomorrow morning and get in line!

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I clicked on the Bounty towels they changed to out of stock.

It's very regional. I'm trying to send some toilet paper to my DD in Pennsylvania, but it's been in stock near me and not in stock where she is.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Our Cleveland-based grocery chain, Heinen's, had some Saturday- limit one pack. We have plenty at home, but our community food bank had t.p. on the list of needed items so I picked up a pack and donated it.

Today, we went to our local hardware for needed repair supplies and there was sanitizing cleaner available.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
A couple of weeks ago when I wasn't able to find any tp at Costco or the grocery store, I saw a post on the Nextdoor website about a janitorial supply business locally who was selling cases of tp to the general public. I had to make an appointment for the pickup and go to their loading dock at the back of the business, but it was worth the trip to get a case of 80 rolls for about $57. The rolls were individually wrapped and decent quality.

So if you can't find tp anywhere else, this might be an option.

geekette

Reaction score
I do it because I need to make up my order to $75 for free delivery. I have had several items which my husband wanted in my cart for more than a week, unsalted mixed nuts and pistachios, but I did not have enough to make up $75. I tried hard to look for other stuff to add to the cart and when both TP and paper towel showed up as available, I picked paper towel to make up to $75. My husband goes through paper towel whenever he cleans up the kitchen. They will get used.
but 4 bags of them??? You won't use that in 2 weeks. Probably not 2 months.

People can't get Any and you have A Lot!

geekette

Reaction score
I'm getting more and more resigned to just having to show up somewhere in person.
that's what I did. One store, fast in and out, got my essentials of TP, coffee, milk, eggs and bread. Before this, it was sometime in early Feb that I bought TP. I was on my last roll, time to buy more. Like I normally do.

I didn't want to pile on delivery drivers for what I could accomplish on my own.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
but 4 bags of them??? You won't use that in 2 weeks. Probably not 2 months.

People can't get Any and you have A Lot!
LOL. Even before COVID-19, we typically have a year's supply of shampoo, body wash, detergent, peanut butter, popcorn, toilet paper, paper towel.... So having 4 packets is not unusual for us. We give away stuff to our neighbors throughout the year - homemade banana bread, onions - whenever we pick up a large bag from Costco, etc. We are planning to add toilet paper and paper towel as giveaways to our neighbors. Majority the people in our condo building are in their 60s and 70s.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The normal 2 day delivery for non perishables from Costco is running 10 days in my area. I guess my only alternative is to go early tomorrow morning and get in line!
I haven't been to Costco in a couple months. I can barely talk myself into going to the corner store, let alone a Costco that has had that many people milling around. I've ordered stuff for delivery, but they are only sending some. 9 days ago, I ordered some food and paper towels. The paper towels came right away, but the food still hasn't shipped. 2 days ago, I ordered a Keurig and some coffee pods. The Keurig is showing that it is coming today, but not the coffee pods. I might have to hit the local store this morning.

I almost scored some toilet paper just now from Costco Business delivery, but our business is barely open and it says we have to be able to accept the delivery between 8am -5pm. No one will be there for that many hours. I tried switching it to deliver to my house (where I am getting almost all of our business deliveries now) and it said that will change it to residential and half my cart becomes unavailable. There's a Costco Business Center that I can go to in person. I might end up doing that next week.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The Kirkland brand toilet paper is not great. Rick put the good Charmin in my bathroom and the Kirkland in his, and when I used his bathroom, which is upstairs, I told him that stuff is awful. I don't remember it being that bad. I definitely have a prefence.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Right now Charmin TP and Bounty Paper Towel are both available on Costco.com.
Even with Costco online, availability is still regional by Zip. So one may see it and it looks like it is available, but when they try to add it to their cart, it says it isn't available.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Even with Costco online, availability is still regional by Zip. So one may see it and it looks like it is available, but when they try to add it to their cart, it says it isn't available.
Agree. They both happened to be available in my zip code then.