• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound contest

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I’m pretty pleased with this contest, I’ve never won anything in my life, and I’ve won 500 Plus Points x 2, 1000 Bonvoy points x 2, and a Shutterfly book. Does anyone know what the terms of the Plus Points are? I assume they are limited usage Anound points of some kind?
They appear to be able to book properties exactly like regular points, and in fact are good for two years from the date they are deposited in the account.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I have to say, I’m pretty pleased with this contest, I’ve never won anything in my life, and I’ve won 500 Plus Points x 2, 1000 Bonvoy points x 2, and a Shutterfly book. Does anyone know what the terms of the Plus Points are? I assume they are limited usage Anound points of some kind?
I agree. Plus Points x 1, 1000 Bonvoy Points x 3, and a Shutterfly book for us (although I missed the email deadline to get that one processed). But best of all, just hit 300 Grand Prize entries this morning, so there’s that.

BradC

Reaction score
Has anyone who won the 500 Plus Points been able to reserve online using those points? I just tried to make a reservation, and any search I tried stated that I did not have enough points to make the reservation. I called CS and they seemed stumped at first, but were able to make the reservation for me through another channel.

I'm glad I got the reservation I was trying to make, but was hoping to get to try out the MVC online reservation process.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Finally got something from a weekly drawing - 2 years of II Platinum, making it 3 x 500 PlusPoints, 1,000 Bonvoy points, 1 photo book, 3,000 Bonvoy points and 2 years II Platinum. Now to just wait and see which II account it shows up on....
If you only own Vistana (and not Marriott), then I would think the platinum membership will show up in your Vistana Corp II account. I wouldn't expect them to apply it to an individual II account. I suspect anything is possible though.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Has anyone who won the 500 Plus Points been able to reserve online using those points? I just tried to make a reservation, and any search I tried stated that I did not have enough points to make the reservation. I called CS and they seemed stumped at first, but were able to make the reservation for me through another channel.

I'm glad I got the reservation I was trying to make, but was hoping to get to try out the MVC online reservation process.
I was unable to book online, but the rep was able to do so for me on chat. They said that I wouldn't be able to book this "type" of point myself.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you only own Vistana (and not Marriott), then I would think the platinum membership will show up in your Vistana Corp II account. I wouldn't expect them to apply it to an individual II account. I suspect anything is possible though.
I have two Vistana Corp II accounts as a result of having purchased a small Aventuras contract to retro a Lagunamar week. That new contract has both my name and my wife's name on it and they wouldn't combine the accounts under my name as a single account - I have to deal with three separate signons in my name and one for my wife because of the silly policy they have; the third one in my name is an unauthorized Lagunamar week in my name with my middle initial on the certificate. Somewhat annoying, but I figure that if Marriott is dead set on me being three completely different people with the same email address and physical address then by gosh I am three completely different people for their contest.... :cool:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just won 500 points on my Marriott account. My Marriott account doesn’t have any Abound points and only has couple legacy weeks. Not sure how Marriott will deal with that?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just won 500 points on my Marriott account. My Marriott account doesn’t have any Abound points and only has couple legacy weeks. Not sure how Marriott will deal with that?
You might get the Bonvoy points instead or perhaps they will see you are in Abound and give you the Club Points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have two Vistana Corp II accounts as a result of having purchased a small Aventuras contract to retro a Lagunamar week. That new contract has both my name and my wife's name on it and they wouldn't combine the accounts under my name as a single account - I have to deal with three separate signons in my name and one for my wife because of the silly policy they have; the third one in my name is an unauthorized Lagunamar week in my name with my middle initial on the certificate. Somewhat annoying, but I figure that if Marriott is dead set on me being three completely different people with the same email address and physical address then by gosh I am three completely different people for their contest.... :cool:
If you aren't trading in II, then the account that gets II Platinum might not matter as you can buy getaways on any account and just use the II plat one for the $50 discount and any of the other platinum benefits. I was in a different situation with an II Vistana Corp and an II MVC Corp account. We already buy II platinum on our MVC account because that is where we do all our exchanges. We never exchange using our Vistana weeks. When they applied our 2 year II Platinum prize, they allocated it to our Vistana Corp account.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you aren't trading in II, then the account that gets II Platinum might not matter as you can buy getaways on any account and just use the II plat one for the $50 discount and any of the other platinum benefits. I was in a different situation with an II Vistana Corp and an II MVC Corp account. We already buy II platinum on our MVC account because that is where we do all our exchanges. We never exchange using our Vistana weeks. When they applied our 2 year II Platinum prize, they allocated it to our Vistana Corp account.
Thanks. I've already got platinum on my non-corporate II account, which I've been using for other TS trading; this can work out well to save a bit on size upgrades for trades into Marriotts with a Vistana week depending on which account it winds up on. I wouldn't pay for it myself as I don't typically exchange in II with those, but under the right circumstances I might.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Game playing is supposed to be good for you, right? DH and I have been on vacation and play Wordle and the Abound match game every morning to stave off dementia. Now we’re just paranoid that Abound hates us. While you are all hoovering up prizes, we’ve never gotten more than 1 or 2 sweepstakes entries at a time. Still holding out hope, though!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Game playing is supposed to be good for you, right? DH and I have been on vacation and play Wordle and the Abound match game every morning to stave off dementia. Now we’re just paranoid that Abound hates us. While you are all hoovering up prizes, we’ve never gotten more than 1 or 2 sweepstakes entries at a time. Still holding out hope, though!
Have you tried quordle or octordle? Anyway, if you're hoovering up all the sweepstakes entries you'll probably win the $5K MF prize....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think you need to mix up the times that you play. The prizes are predetermined based on a timestamp. First to play after the timestamp and you win. If you are both playing at exactly the same time, you are probably wasting a chance at a prize.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, no, @dioxide! Watching the clock sounds like a lot of work to do on vacation!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Oh, no, @dioxide! Watching the clock sounds like a lot of work to do on vacation!
Well, the timestamps are random. So you never know what time a prize is available, but spreading the plays out might help. Though it is also possible that you could hit two prizes at the same time. All random.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Yes - just booked a 4nt in a 1Bd Marriott Grand Chateau (Vegas) using the 500 CP from Abound contest. I was able to choose those 500 and then 128 CP that I had from a WKV (Kierland) Abound conversion. Only $15/nt (at $0.45/CP) and no (BS) Resort Fee!

I did this by going through Vistana Portal to MVC page - Bonus CP showed as their own line item.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
The 500 Abound points we won on 2/23/23 just posted in the account today. They are listed as "Use Year: 29 March 2023 - 28 March 2025" with the type listed as "MVCD Plus Points Promo".

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won 3 sweepstakes entries today. Wohoo! So far I've only been winning one or two. No other prizes.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
500 points that I won on January 29 still have not posted.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too! The points I won on February 3 and February 27 still have not been posted to my account. But the towel I won on March 6 arrived last week.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We won points on 3/19, understandably, we haven't received them yet.
We also won a 2-year II platinum membership on 3/13 and it showed up on the 24th.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
My 500 Plus Points posted (3/22)exactly 1 month from the last email I received.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Received our 500 points (won mid-Feb?) a couple of weeks ago - and already used them to make a reservation.

Hope you all followed instructions to complete transfer per email sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk