• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound contest

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Odd, I’m playing the matching game tonight, get interrupted, so stop for a couple of minutes, then continue matching. Well……I get an email before I’m finished stating I’ve won 500 Plus Points or 11,200 Bombay points. I finished the matching game and it tells me I’ve won 500 plus points or 11,200 Bonvoy points. This can’t be a coincidence. But odd I was emailed before I finished the matching.

question: 1) for those that have won, do you get a choice of the 500 plus points or 11,200 Bonvoy point? Because I certainly prefer the 500 Club points which I thought I’d never win. 2) can I combine these 500 club points with my other elected club points ( from WKORV election)? 3) our WKORV ownership is in both my name and spouse’s name. Will they try to put the bonvoy points in my account or spouse? 4) I just put in a request to have the platinum status (from abound status) in my name since my spouse is already platinum. Will they not credit me 500 club points but instead give me the 11,200 bonvoy points because my WKORV was resale prior to 8/9?

for me, this makes winning: abound towel, 1000 bonvoy pts, 2000 Bonvoy points, and now 500 club (hopefully) pts or 11,200 Bonvoy pts. I’m so thrilled to finally win 500 club pts if it’s my choice, but completing the verification didn’t let me pick.

Last edited:

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Odd, I’m playing the matching game tonight, get interrupted, so stop for a couple of minutes, then continue matching. Well……I get an email before I’m finished stating I’ve won 500 Plus Points or 11,200 Bombay points. I finished the matching game and it tells me I’ve won 500 plus points or 11,200 Bonvoy points. This can’t be a coincidence. But odd I was emailed before I finished the matching.

question: 1) for those that have won, do you get a choice of the 500 plus points or 11,200 Bonvoy point? Because I certainly prefer the 500 Club points which I thought I’d never win. 2) can I combine these 500 club points with my other elected club points ( from WKORV election)? 3) our WKORV ownership is in both my name and spouse’s name. Will they try to put the bonvoy points in my account or spouse? 4) I just put in a request to have the platinum status (from abound status) in my name since my spouse is already platinum. Will they not credit me 500 club points but instead give me the 11,200 bonvoy points because my WKORV was resale prior to 8/9?

for me, this makes winning: abound towel, 1000 bonvoy pts, 2000 Bonvoy points, and now 500 club (hopefully) pts or 11,200 Bonvoy pts. I’m so thrilled to finally win 500 club pts if it’s my choice, but completing the verification didn’t let me pick.
1) No choice; if you are already eligible for Abound you get Plus Points. If not, Abound eligible, you get Bonvoy points.
2) Yes, Plus Points can be combined with elected Abound points to make a reservation.
3) I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be whomever they consider to be the "primary" owner.
5) Date of resale doesn't matter. If they are awarding you the points and see you as Abound eligible, you will get the Plus Points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think you really have separate Abound accounts. If you see all your points under each login, or you only have one login, then the points will just be added to that.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Has anyone received their 1000 Bonvoy points winning in their Marriott account?

We won 500 Abound (in account) but no sign of the additional 1000 Bonvoy we won.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Has anyone received their 1000 Bonvoy points winning in their Marriott account?

We won 500 Abound (in account) but no sign of the additional 1000 Bonvoy we won.
I haven’t received any Bonvoy points won in this contest. I’ll probably get over it (1,000 and 3,000 is all).

I did win another 500 PlusPoints this morning, which matters more to me. So far I’ve received two of the 3 500 PlusPoints I won earlier. Not sure what happened with the third one - might have just been duplicate emails or something.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @Eric B I agree. 1000 (or even 3000) Bonvoy points is not worth much. I would love to win another 500 Abound points so I can do something with the 500 I have so more than a night or two offseason. But better than nothing. I am glad I will be able to try out the system.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My wife and I both won 1,000 Bonvoy points on 1/17 and they posted to our Bonvoy account on 3/23 or 3/24.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I"m gonna switch my times that I play the game. I've got a whole bunch of sweepstakes entries but no abound points.

Anyone wanna trade for a less than plush beach towel?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to believe it is not random. I have only gotten sweepstakes and nothing else, regardless of when I play. Or their random number generator is flawed, assuming it uses numbers in the membership plus time stamp etcc. I think it favors some combinations over others.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I have to believe it is not random. I have only gotten sweepstakes and nothing else, regardless of when I play. Or their random number generator is flawed, assuming it uses numbers in the membership plus time stamp etcc. I think it favors some combinations over others.
You may be right. I’m an odd year, resale Vistana owner. I’m likely the least desirable Abounder.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
You may be right. I’m an odd year, resale Vistana owner. I’m likely the least desirable Abounder.
I am same as you. My EOY is WKORV so has lots of abound points but we use our week. and will not use Abound unless we transfer points from other owners or buy another trader VOI. Have won 500 Abound plus 1000 (yet to show up) Bonvoy pts.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
IMHO, the odds of winning are not only dependent on the random number generator but also how many others are playing when you do. The first person playing after the randomly generated time wins the prize, so if there are fewer folks playing at a particular time frame the prize will last longer and your odds are better. I’ve done well playing early in the mornings because I get up early and there is likely less competition. I would expect that in the last hour before midnight Eastern, towards the end of the 24 hour period for a day’s eligibility to play the instant win game, there will be fewer players and the odds will be better. In the middle of the day when more people are playing, I would expect the odds to be lower. My guess is that the probability of winning is more strongly correlated with time of day than issues with the selection of random prize times due to the competition.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
IMHO, the odds of winning are not only dependent on the random number generator but also how many others are playing when you do. The first person playing after the randomly generated time wins the prize, so if there are fewer folks playing at a particular time frame the prize will last longer and your odds are better. I’ve done well playing early in the mornings because I get up early and there is likely less competition. I would expect that in the last hour before midnight Eastern, towards the end of the 24 hour period for a day’s eligibility to play the instant win game, there will be fewer players and the odds will be better. In the middle of the day when more people are playing, I would expect the odds to be lower. My guess is that the probability of winning is more strongly correlated with time of day than issues with the selection of random prize times due to the competition.
The one 500 Plus Point prize we won was at 4am. I suspect there is a lot of traffic up through 1 or 2am eastern time due to people playing on the west coast.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is still a weekly and grand prize draw...

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Website winner of grand prize will find out tomorrow 4/10 via email. Will it be a TUGGER? I had 330 entries, and won 4 times: 1) abound towel, 2) 2,000 bonvoy pt, 3) 1,000 bonvoy, then finally 4) 500 abound points or 11,200 so 500 abound points. Only received abound towel so far

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Website winner of grand prize will find out tomorrow 4/10 via email. Will it be a TUGGER? I had 330 entries, and won 4 times: 1) abound towel, 2) 2,000 bonvoy pt, 3) 1,000 bonvoy, then finally 4) 500 abound points or 11,200 so 500 abound points. Only received abound towel so far
Not just a TUGGER but a Vistana Tugger! The Marriott people are playing too.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not just a TUGGER but a Vistana Tugger! The Marriott people are playing too.
THere are two grand prizes, one for Marriott owners and another for Vistana owners. So both sets of Tuggers could have a winner.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
THere are two grand prizes, one for Marriott owners and another for Vistana owners. So both sets of Tuggers could have a winner.
Well…….I haven’t heard anything. Vistana TUGGERS, anyone get their grand prize email?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Well…….I haven’t heard anything. Vistana TUGGERS, anyone get their grand prize email?
Nope, no more prizes for me...