• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound contest

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I still haven't received the 11,200 points I won on Feb 6!
We still haven't received the 500 Plus Points from a win on March 19th.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did reply to the email right after it came in and received subsequent emails saying that I didn't need to do anything else. I also won 1,000 points and a towel on Feb 27 and March 1 and have received both those items. Also, I am a weeks owner (purchased resale), so my week is not enrolled. Thus, I'm not eligible for the Abound points, right? It's pretty upsetting...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, I did reply to the email right after it came in and received subsequent emails saying that I didn't need to do anything else. I also won 1,000 points and a towel on Feb 27 and March 1 and have received both those items. Also, I am a weeks owner (purchased resale), so my week is not enrolled. Thus, I'm not eligible for the Abound points, right? It's pretty upsetting...
Correct, you should received the 11,200 Bonvoy points.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Wondering if I should be concerned, as I haven't received the Plus Points I won on Mar. 26.

Who else is still waiting on their Plus Points and when did you win them? I had an earlier win of Plus Points on Feb. 6 and received those around Mar. 7. Now I'm wondering if you might only have been allowed to win once?

Edit: I just noticed the above post that mentions not yet receiving points won on Mar. 19.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Wondering if I should be concerned, as I haven't received the Plus Points I won on Mar. 26.

Who else is still waiting on their Plus Points and when did you win them? I had an earlier win of Plus Points on Feb. 6 and received those around Mar. 7. Now I'm wondering if you might only have been allowed to win once?
We won PlusPoints on the 19th and don't have them.

Oh snap, spoke too soon. I should have checked first. It looks like they showed up today!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Won 500 Plus Points on Feb 12, received them in my account March 17.

Won 500 more on March 18 and then again on March 26. Neither of those have arrived yet.

Also won 1,000 Bonvoy points three times. Two of those have hit my account.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won 1000 Bonvoy points and 500 Abound points a week later back in late February.
I got both emails, replied and got confirmation emails.
About a week ago, the 500 Abound points showed up (the second win) but have still not seen the Bonvoy points.
How long should we wait and since Marriott did not handle the contest, any idea who to contact?

Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
We won 500 abound points 4/2. Just checked and they’re good 5/1/23-4/30/24, so speculating they showed up around 5/1?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that for some reason I'm just never going to receive the 2nd and 3rd Plus Point batches that I won, as well as the 3rd batch of 1,000 Bonvoy points. People that won a couple of weeks after I won some of those prizes are starting to receive theirs while I haven't.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I'm starting to think that for some reason I'm just never going to receive the 2nd and 3rd Plus Point batches that I won, as well as the 3rd batch of 1,000 Bonvoy points. People that won a couple of weeks after I won some of those prizes are starting to receive theirs while I haven't.
Did you keep the emails that told you won and that your eligibility was approved? You can hit reply and write a message to the contest operator's customer service. I did that last week and received a response back in two days. By then Dioxide had answered my question ;)

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you keep the emails that told you won and that your eligibility was approved? You can hit reply and write a message to the contest operator's customer service. I did that last week and received a response back in two days. By then Dioxide had answered my question ;)
Unfortunately, I didn't. Plus, I'm lazy enough that I probably won't expend additional energy to get stuff that was free anyway. *

*said by the guy who spent time and energy every day clicking those damn matching tiles

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I won 1000 Bonvoy points and 500 Abound points a week later back in late February.
I got both emails, replied and got confirmation emails.
About a week ago, the 500 Abound points showed up (the second win) but have still not seen the Bonvoy points.
How long should we wait and since Marriott did not handle the contest, any idea who to contact?
You can contact the contest administrator at customercare@helloworldfulfillment.com.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 500 points just deposited to my Marriott account, very excited. I wonder is it possible I can rent 200 points, so I can use the combined 700 points for a 3 night staycation?
So how do you see you got the 500 points?

For the life of me, I can't find a Dashboard-equivalent on the mini-MVC site it takes you to...

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score

For the life of me, I can't find a Dashboard-equivalent on the mini-MVC site it takes you to...
From the VSN Dashboard:
1683590021573.png

Then:
1683590160781.png

It will take you to your Abound points summary page. If you received the PlusPoints from the contest it will look like this:
1683590394883.png

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This will take you to your Abound points summary page. If you received the PlusPoints from the contest it will look like this:
View attachment 76457
That is interesting that they are being added as Service Adjustment Points, not Plus Points. Those two are not treated exactly the same. I just had a lesson in SAPs when I had to cancel the reservation I made with them less than 60 days before check in and it turns out that they come back to you without being holding points, unlike with Plus Points. Who knew? I ended up converting them to airline miles as they were about to expire, something you can't do with holding points.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

I can see the 500 pts, but I can't search any availability using MVC website. I have to call in to book, I just asked them today. Until they fix the MVC website issues for a lot Vistana owners. They just told me today.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't search any availability using MVC website. I have to call in to book
I'm in the same boat. I've been calling/emailing since January, they keep telling me that it's been escalated to "IT" and nothing ever changes. What makes it even more frustrating to me is that the first week that Abound launched, I actually WAS able to search online, and then for whatever reason something happened that zapped that ability.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We just got an email this morning saying we won 3,000 bonvoy pts from the abound contest. I thought it was long over, but they must be doing the drawings

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I can see the 500 pts, but I can't search any availability using MVC website. I have to call in to book, I just asked them today. Until they fix the MVC website issues for a lot Vistana owners. They just told me today.
Same issue here - it's so very frustrating to not even be able to see what's available.

And during a recent sales presentation, they wanted me to spend $20,000 more so I can "officially" become Executive Level in Abound, because "Marriott is going to take away your grandfathered status soon. You're not ~really executive~, and they won't give you free things forever." How about you fix your basic booking mechanism first! :wall:

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
We just got an email this morning saying we won 3,000 bonvoy pts from the abound contest. I thought it was long over, but they must be doing the drawings
We just received notice 2 days ago that we won 500 plus points so wondering the same, are they still giving away prizes? We had won 500 way back when the contest started and we received those.