• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Thread for Good News

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I want to start a thread that is nothing but good news. I comment here on TUG frequently, usually in response to posts from others and I’m not shy about my opinions.. I rarely start a thread. But, I read a story today that renewed my faith in humanity and in this country.

So, I’m going to start and I hope many of you will follow with your own posts of good news. There is plenty of good news out there because there are a lot of good people out there. Let’s post some of it here so we TUGgers can read something that will make us feel good and remind us that a lot of great people are performing a lot of acts of kindness every day. The media does report it. We just need to read it.

The story I’m starting with is one I read in the Washington Post today. It takes place in Minneapolis MN, the same city that has seen so much heatache over the past week or so. I will post a link to the story below but I think it is behind the firewall so many of you may not be able to read it.

In the aftermath of the protests and violence that occurred in Minneapolis, a middle school found that many of its students did’t have access to food because the grocery stores were damaged and closed and public transportation was also shut down. The principal of the middle school decided to ask some friends and people in the school community to step up and donate enough food to put together 85 meal kits for the children in need.

Did the community ever answer the call! Word spread and cars, trucks, even U-Haul trailers showed up with food and supplies. Miles of vehicles lined the streets. The principal had asked for 85 food kits. People donated enough food to make 30,000. Yes, 30,000.

Here is the link to the story with a photo of the donated items below.

View attachment 21647
Thank you, I needed Good Vibes and will follow this thread, there are more good people than bad and surely more good news as well! Here's a link to an actual good news network ~ https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Thanks for following and you will see that many of my posts contain links to the Good News Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New Study Says Infrared Lasers Destroy Harmful Plaques in Alzheimer’s Brains
Both my mother and maternal grandmother suffered from Alzheimers. It’s good to see progress being made in the efforts to find more effective treatments.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Man ‘Repays His Debt’ to English Family Who Saved Him From a Life of Poverty Selling Peanuts for $1 a Day
Wow! This is an amazing story. A chance meeting while a family was on vacation, followed by a second chance meeting the following year, completely changed a young man’s life.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Antique Store Owner Gives Student Free $3,000 Piano After He Delighted Customers With ‘Don’t Stop Believin’
“To see him cry made me cry,” Waters told WCVB. “It’s just going to sit here, so if you can bring it into somebody else’s life and bring it back to life, then God bless America, you know what I mean? That’s what life’s about! I wish I could do this every day!”

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
93-Year-old Ex-Chopper Rider Has New Lease on Life After Getting Mobility Scooter That Looks Like A Harley
I’ve never been a biker having only ridden one a handful of times in my life. However, I think I could handle one of these bad boys! ;)

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jason Momoa Secretly Restores His Wife’s 1st Car To Give Her The Sweetest Surprise.
A few cars become icons. The ‘65 Mustang is one. My SIL had a light blue one that she wore out but she couldn’t part with it. She kept it at her brothers farm for years. When his firstborn neared driving age, he asked her if he could restore it and give it to his son for his 16th birthday. Of course, she said yes. That was right around the turn of the century. They drove it a few more years before putting it out to pasture again.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned