• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Thread for Good News

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I want to start a thread that is nothing but good news. I comment here on TUG frequently, usually in response to posts from others and I’m not shy about my opinions.. I rarely start a thread. But, I read a story today that renewed my faith in humanity and in this country.

So, I’m going to start and I hope many of you will follow with your own posts of good news. There is plenty of good news out there because there are a lot of good people out there. Let’s post some of it here so we TUGgers can read something that will make us feel good and remind us that a lot of great people are performing a lot of acts of kindness every day. The media does report it. We just need to read it.

The story I’m starting with is one I read in the Washington Post today. It takes place in Minneapolis MN, the same city that has seen so much heatache over the past week or so. I will post a link to the story below but I think it is behind the firewall so many of you may not be able to read it.

In the aftermath of the protests and violence that occurred in Minneapolis, a middle school found that many of its students did’t have access to food because the grocery stores were damaged and closed and public transportation was also shut down. The principal of the middle school decided to ask some friends and people in the school community to step up and donate enough food to put together 85 meal kits for the children in need.

Did the community ever answer the call! Word spread and cars, trucks, even U-Haul trailers showed up with food and supplies. Miles of vehicles lined the streets. The principal had asked for 85 food kits. People donated enough food to make 30,000. Yes, 30,000.

Here is the link to the story with a photo of the donated items below.

1591233324748.jpeg

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Major League Baseball is getting some bad publicity right now because the billionaire owners and millionaire players can’t reach an agreement on whether the players should take a lower salary for this year since they won’t be playing as many games, if they play any at all. But, there are still some good guys in the sport

Former Boston Red sox, and current LA Dodger David Price is going to give $1000 to every Dodger minor leaguer in June to help them through the work stoppage due to covid19. Price actually requested that his benevolence not be publicized but, apparently, one of the minor league players made it public.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
A black man was afraid to walk in his gentrified community. So 75 neighbors walked with him.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 10.26.31 PM.png

Excerpt from article because it is behind a paywall:

“Growing up in my neighborhood, I could always feel the eyes, the looks and the cars slowing down as they passed by me,” said Dromgoole, who was recently furloughed from his job at Nordstrom as a logistics processor.

“What happened to these men could easily happen to me,” said Dromgoole. “I became scared to walk past my porch.”

There were also frequent postings on Nextdoor, an app that connects neighbors, warning residents to look out for “suspicious black men,” he said.

“Yesterday, I wanted to walk around my neighborhood but the fear of not returning home to my family alive kept me on my front porch,” he wrote.

Consumed with fear, Dromgoole took to Facebook and Nextdoor, deciding to finally share his own post.

Unexpectedly, responses from his community started pouring in. Neighbors, none of whom Dromgoole had ever spoken with, asked if they could join him on a walk.

“Neighbor, after neighbor, after neighbor started reaching out, telling me they wanted to walk with me,” he said.

Last Thursday afternoon, Dromgoole notified his neighbors that he was going for a walk at 6 p.m., and anyone who wanted to join him was welcome.

Dromgoole tied his shoes, ventured off his porch and walked to the meeting spot in a nearby parking lot.

There he found 75 people waiting for him.

“I was so overwhelmed, I still can’t find the words,” said Dromgoole. “I never wrote that post thinking people would want to walk with me.”

The group strolled for almost an hour together, with Dromgoole leading the way as his neighbors followed closely behind.

“It was the most amazing feeling,” said Dromgoole. “Everyone was in masks, so you just saw a sea of people, and you couldn’t even tell what color skin they had.”

“I finally feel seen,” said Dromgoole. “I feel like I’m a part of something.”

Dromgoole is hopeful that his story will encourage others to walk together, in solidarity and strength.

“Because when you walk with your neighbors — and you know they really see you — the world becomes a better place,” he said.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
A black man was afraid to walk in his gentrified community. So 75 neighbors walked with him.

View attachment 21652

Excerpt from article because it is behind a paywall:

“Growing up in my neighborhood, I could always feel the eyes, the looks and the cars slowing down as they passed by me,” said Dromgoole, who was recently furloughed from his job at Nordstrom as a logistics processor.

“What happened to these men could easily happen to me,” said Dromgoole. “I became scared to walk past my porch.”

There were also frequent postings on Nextdoor, an app that connects neighbors, warning residents to look out for “suspicious black men,” he said.

“Yesterday, I wanted to walk around my neighborhood but the fear of not returning home to my family alive kept me on my front porch,” he wrote.

Consumed with fear, Dromgoole took to Facebook and Nextdoor, deciding to finally share his own post.

Unexpectedly, responses from his community started pouring in. Neighbors, none of whom Dromgoole had ever spoken with, asked if they could join him on a walk.

“Neighbor, after neighbor, after neighbor started reaching out, telling me they wanted to walk with me,” he said.

Last Thursday afternoon, Dromgoole notified his neighbors that he was going for a walk at 6 p.m., and anyone who wanted to join him was welcome.

Dromgoole tied his shoes, ventured off his porch and walked to the meeting spot in a nearby parking lot.

There he found 75 people waiting for him.

“I was so overwhelmed, I still can’t find the words,” said Dromgoole. “I never wrote that post thinking people would want to walk with me.”

The group strolled for almost an hour together, with Dromgoole leading the way as his neighbors followed closely behind.

“It was the most amazing feeling,” said Dromgoole. “Everyone was in masks, so you just saw a sea of people, and you couldn’t even tell what color skin they had.”

“I finally feel seen,” said Dromgoole. “I feel like I’m a part of something.”

Dromgoole is hopeful that his story will encourage others to walk together, in solidarity and strength.

“Because when you walk with your neighbors — and you know they really see you — the world becomes a better place,” he said.

^ I saw that

nba.jpg

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
This is from earlier last month. A group banded together to provide much needed supplies to the Navajo Nation which has been hit hard. I'm proud to say we contributed a very small bit, but every bit helps. When our friend said a truck was going to be going with supplies I envisioned a pick up truck. Instead it was a huge flatbed, a pickup and a car. It was so successful they did another delivery a week later. Hope you can see this video.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m sure most of you know that Birmingham AL has a sordid history when it comes to race. Fire hoses, dogs, bombings. That is what Birmingham is famous for. I’ve lived in the suburbs for 46 years now, moving here in 1974 when I was 19 years old. The reality has improved but we still have a long way to go and the reputation has been impossible to shake. But, we keep trying.

There have been protests in Birmingham over the past week and there has been very little violence. However, Sunday night, a local television reporter, Stephen Quinn of ABC 3340, was attacked while filming the protest. He was hit several times and lost his wallet during the attack. He assumed it was stolen. He didn’t have any injuries and his lost wallet was the worst result of the attack.

Tuesday, Quinn posted this picture on his facebook page stating,
“Thank you, Michael. You’re further proof there is always more that unites than divides us,” Quinn concluded.

IMG_0044.jpg

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
The Dad of a girl in DD's girl scout troop died from Covid. The family needed $ but would never ask for it, so their Aunt started a GoFundMe with a goal of $5K, a week later it had raised $7K from friends in $20+ increments.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Dad of a girl in DD's girl scout troop died from Covid. The family needed $ but would never ask for it, so their Aunt started a GoFundMe with a goal of $5K, a week later it had raised $7K from friends in $20+ increments.
That’s a heart-warming result for a sad situation. I’m always reading stories like that about GoFundMe’s. It’s not unusual for them to go viral and raise more than their goal.

Thanks for sharing.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I’m sure most of you know that Birmingham AL has a sordid history when it comes to race. Fire hoses, dogs, bombings. That is what Birmingham is famous for. I’ve lived in the suburbs for 46 years now, moving here in 1974 when I was 19 years old. The reality has improved but we still have a long way to go and the reputation has been impossible to shake. But, we keep trying.

I want to start a thread that is nothing but good news.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Dad Youtube--so awesome!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is so cool. Retirees living in assisted living facilities across the country have their own radio show. It's helping them and their audience stay in touch with each other while quarantined and unable to see friends and family in person. What a great idea!

And, it means my dream of actually being a DJ and playing my favorite music may still be achievable! ;)

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.