• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2024 Annual Owners Meeting - Anyone Attending in Person

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is our first year as Club Wyndham owners and saw the email yesterday about the Annual Owners Meeting on June 5th. I'll actually be in Orlando that week, so I plan to attend. Is anyone else going or watching virtually?

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I don't end up with better plans, I will go. I'll even buy a pink dress for it. I'm sure to be in a fabulous mood as it is one week after I have to fly to Myrtle Beach to check my brother in, only to fly home the same day. This guest confirmation block is out of control. I'd love to discuss it with them.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't think I can swing it, if I can, I will. It's always so nice to meet people. That's the best part of any of them, IMO.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I'm attending virtually. Unfortunately for us, providing two months notice makes it difficult to plan these trips and accommodate Wyndham for physical attendance. We're already taking a full two-week vacation (30th wedding anniversary) from 5/20-6/3 in North Myrtle Beach, so traveling again right after returning from a two week vacation on 6/3, for a one day event on 6/5 just isn't in the cards for us. Virtual it will be for me - already registered.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I registered for in person. If anyone else will be there, let me know. Perhaps we will see each other.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Sooo... I did not get an email, nor can I find anything searching on the website. I called and:
1) got transferred to owner care and dropped
2) called again and was told (after holding while the VC checked) that people invited were randomly selected by Club Wyndham
Anyone know, is that true, not everyone is invited (by design)?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We'll be there for the in person session.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
Sooo... I did not get an email, nor can I find anything searching on the website. I called and:
2) called again and was told (after holding while the VC checked) that people invited were randomly selected by Club Wyndham
I'm going to guess the "only random people were selected" is one of those made-up explanations for something not working as it's supposed to. My basis for this theory is that I received the email at 3:01 p.m. on Monday, but the official Club Wyndham Facebook account had publicly posted the same registration link to its account at 2:23 p.m. That sure doesn't seem like something they would do if they were randomly selecting people.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Here's the info if anyone else needs it. In-person is full (there is a waitlist) - you can still register to attend virtually.

Get ready for the 2024 Annual Owners Meeting!
✨
Join us in Orlando for a jam-packed session of club updates, educational insights, and an interactive Q&A with our leadership team. Can't make it in person? No problem! Attend virtually from the comfort of your home or wherever you are.
📆
Wednesday, June 5
📍
Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek - Orlando, FL
Register now
🔗
http://spr.ly/6183wXNkt and submit your burning questions for the Q&A section. See you there, owners!

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope someone does try to discuss the Guest Confirmation owner priority block situation. I won’t be there so I can’t. It would be interesting to hear how the speakers skirt around the issue.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I will be there
you have to have registered for the in person, but it’s for any owner. With that said, I was on the waitlist last year and got in by showing up. There were about 20-30 seats open because they had no shows.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I will be there with hubby. Someone flag me down. I’m terrible with faces. Lol

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I hope someone does try to discuss the Guest Confirmation owner priority block situation. I won’t be there so I can’t. It would be interesting to hear how the speakers skirt around the issue.
There is no block. Guests are allowed to be there. It’s just that owners are limited to the number of guest certificates they can use during owner priority period, when they are not traveling with an owner. This policy has been in place for a few years now. I saw on social media that is got a lot of positive feedback. Most of people who didn’t like it were those who were renting their timeshare for profit. They are the reason for the policy. So I don’t expect it to be talked about much. I personally like that policy. I know a lot of people who do.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Questions were to be submitted in advance, so I am sure they have curated them. Right or wrong, I suspect that most of the owner base supports the restrictions. So their response to such a question would probably go over well with the crowd.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
How will we recognize you?

Good point. Out of all the people here who said they are going, I think Jan is the only one who would recognize me. I’ll be wearing a green shirt with white print that says “I don’t know, I just work here”. I also have brown hair in a bun. My husband will be with me. He’s 6 foot tall with really short hair (he’s in the military). Hopefully that’s enough. Let me know if you need more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
The online session isn't working for me on my home network, so I won't be able to attend. I run fairly strict security network and device profiles so it's likely due to enhanced security blocking either a component of the third party service Wyndham is using or something similar. Oh well, guess I'll watch the video recording in a couple weeks once it's published.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The online session isn't working for me on my home network, so I won't be able to attend. I run fairly strict security network and device profiles so it's likely due to enhanced security blocking either a component of the third party service Wyndham is using or something similar. Oh well, guess I'll watch the video recording in a couple weeks once it's published.
I learned more after the meeting was over than during the meeting...

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I learned more after the meeting was over than during the meeting...
I can believe that!! Sorry I missed it. Another nice 'perk' of attending is they've had owner care type people available to help with any issues with your account. A few years back I had a long-standing issue on my account and was able to make a great contact that helped me resolve my issue. I assume they were doing that again this year, very helpful!!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
I think the only truly new thing I learned was a confirmation that an actual app is on the way. Along with the app, they're adding the ability to do regional searches, and to save searches. I don't know if those capabilities will be app-only or also on the website.

They touched on VacationShare, and in the Q&A confirmed that the only main differences between it and Extra Holidays is the user-directed web experience, vs. the phone agent-involved experience with EH.

I found it interesting that in the education session, one of the scenarios included using RCI Gift of Vacation, which is a pretty deep cut that I assume isn't very well known.

In the financial presentation, they noted that the number of points owned by members is finally back up above 2019 levels.

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
Over all I felt it was more of a owner 101 session than a "State of the Union" annual meeting
Learning how to CW is important, however I would prefer the meeting to have more content than 101 stuff
101 stuff can be done outside of the annual meeting

Speakers spent way too much time focusing on their personal story rather than sharing content and context

They spent significant time sharing examples of how Travel Up and Vacation Side Kick could be utilized (Meh)

There was not much talk or focus on their current and future vision and plans
I would like to learn more about Sports Illustrated Resorts and more candor around what RCI can do to be more competitive with II
With regards to RCI, I personally feel that not only are they more expensive than II. I feel more and more resorts are going to II (Examples: Disney, Hilton / Diamond are more so in II than RCI, Grand Pacific Palisades). RCI needs to be more competitive.
The round table end discussion had a soft ball RCI question around "How do you transfer points to RCI?" rather than share what they are doing to keep RCI completive

Yes owned points are recovering to 2019 levels but that was primarily driven by current owners purchasing points
To be sustainable, CW needs a balance of new owners as well
I also acknowledge that both the high entry level cost and high interest rates play in this as well - Prefer a balance rather than a skew

I respect CW is going to bulk bathroom supplies rather than individual sized products - Environmentally the right thing to do

I also am looking forward to the app
They are planning the app to bring many quality of life improvements
Like the rest of the modern world, CW will be embracing AI and data more and more
Mentioned targeted discounts and marketing

Briefly mentioned that "Owner Priority" is here to stay
They shared they are keeping it at 2 owner priority tokens

I also appreciated when CW dove a bit deeper into how housekeeping credits are billed and invoiced

Overall, I felt more spin and 101 stuff than content and vision

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
These meetings are certainly geared toward the average owner vs power owners like here on TUG. When they mentioned late 2024 for the app, I muttered under my breath "more like 2026". Side Kick, Travel Up and Plus Partners are big money makers for the developers given the margins. So I can see why they want to push those more. It seems that Wyndham is always coming up with some new two word product to push. It gets more and more confusing for owners.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I would like to learn more about Sports Illustrated Resorts and more candor around what RCI can do to be more competitive with II
With regards to RCI, I personally feel that not only are they more expensive than II. I feel more and more resorts are going to II (Examples: Disney, Hilton / Diamond are more so in II than RCI, Grand Pacific Palisades). RCI needs to be more competitive.
The round table end discussion had a soft ball RCI question around "How do you transfer points to RCI?" rather than share what they are doing to keep RCI completive
I just got access to II recently, but I don't think there's any HGVC in II, and there is a lot of Diamond in RCI too. I think it has to depend a lot on what you're doing, but for my use so far, I have to say II is quite a let down compared to RCI for the cash deals. RCI has way more availability, generally cheaper prices, much better search and filters. Maybe there's some secret, but my posts on TUG here about II is that I'm not missing anything.

What II may have is slightly cheaper exchanges, but for non Marriott people, it looks like maybe it's $60ish cheaper on an exchange? $240 vs $300? That's not really that much of a difference IMHO. For like to like exchanges it doesn't seem worth it in a lot of cases to pay that on top of the MFs for what you get. Now from what I understand in II, if you do an ongoing search, and you match say a 1BR to a 2BR you can then pay a small upgrade fee to do that if available. In those cases it might be a deal, especially if you also go up a level of resorts. But this is a lot less common than my filtering the Extra Vacations in RCI and finding a pretty cheap cash deal instantly somewhere I want to go.

So from my perspective, it's II that needs to get competitive with RCI.