• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2022 Maintenance fees

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I searched, but saw no other thread. The first of my Wyndham invoices arrived yesterday.

Avenue Plaza, New Orleans, LA
1 bedroom - $872.55
Studio - $677.08

4.8% increase, mostly attributed to a $4.2 million upcoming project to replace all of the 72 year old water and sanitary piping and infrastructure in the building

KimmieM

Reaction score
I searched, but saw no other thread. The first of my Wyndham invoices arrived yesterday.

1 bedroom - $872.55
Studio - $677.08

4.8% increase, mostly attributed to a $4.2 million upcoming project to replace all of the 72 year old water and sanitary piping and infrastructure in the building
Nothing like a kick in the nuggets. Breathe in and say foosbaba!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

1 bedroom - $872.55
Studio - $677.08

Sounds more like something for a special assessment. If it's a one off thing, MF should go back down. Wanna bet?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds more like something for a special assessment. If it's a one off thing, MF should go back down. Wanna bet?

Not a bet I’m going to take. They said that project was responsible for about 30% of the increase.

I also received a letter today offering for a limited time to convert my Avenue Plaza week to points, at no cost. The problem with that for event week owners is that it takes away your right to reserve anything but your deeded week. If Mardi Gras did not fall on week 9 in the year, I would have no reservation priority.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I had two fixed weeks at a different N.O. resort and both weeks were possible Mardi Gras weeks. Unfortunately, nothing in any of the paperwork indicated that if Mardi Gras fell on my week, I'd get a different week. I offloaded both weeks.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Jethro37

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham:
Canterbury
Bali Hai
I had two fixed weeks at a different N.O. resort and both weeks were possible Mardi Gras weeks. Unfortunately, nothing in any of the paperwork indicated that if Mardi Gras fell on my week, I'd get a different week. I offloaded both weeks.
You don't like making money? :unsure::)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You don't like making money? :unsure::)

I like very much making money but it was next to impossible to rent these units for the ever-rising maintenance fees.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I requested edit privileges to update it; had them granted but couldn't figure out how to update it. Tried typing in the numbers, but couldn't get it to work. Hopefully someone else can update it.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk

Your Board of Directors has approved the following 2022 Annual Maintenance Fees for the Waikiki Beach Walk Vacation Owners Association with a 10% increase. This equates to an increase of 53 cents per 1,000 points of ownership. Some highlights of the budget are as follows:
  • The annual reserve contribution is the biggest contributor at 32.2% to ensure adequate funding is available for our upcoming refurbishment.
  • Bad Debt Expense has an increase of $68K or 54.6% based on the current trend of increased delinquencies. 2021 actuals is forecasted to be 25% higher than budget
  • A $450K operating surplus was budgeted in 2021 but no surplus utilized is budgeted for 2022.

AtlasRse

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
Old Town Alexandria
Keno999, kindly advise of the actual MF's for 2022 and I will update in the History S/S.

Eric B. ... I have updated Bali Hai accordingly for 2022 in the History S/S ....

Thanks Guys !

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk

Your Board of Directors has approved the following 2022 Annual Maintenance Fees for the Waikiki Beach Walk Vacation Owners Association with a 10% increase. This equates to an increase of 53 cents per 1,000 points of ownership. Some highlights of the budget are as follows:
  • The annual reserve contribution is the biggest contributor at 32.2% to ensure adequate funding is available for our upcoming refurbishment.
  • Bad Debt Expense has an increase of $68K or 54.6% based on the current trend of increased delinquencies. 2021 actuals is forecasted to be 25% higher than budget
  • A $450K operating surplus was budgeted in 2021 but no surplus utilized is budgeted for 2022.
Keno999, kindly advise of the actual MF's for 2022 and I will update in the History S/S.

Eric B. ... I have updated Bali Hai accordingly for 2022 in the History S/S ....

Thanks Guys !

Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk for 2022

Operating Fee = $3.86/1,000
Reserves = $1.38/1,000
Real Estate & Property Taxes = $0.40/1,000
Condo/AOAO Dues = $0.17/1,000
Total = $5.82/1,000

Hopefully, I got that correct.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks Guys !

Thanks for updating! Not sure why it didn't work for me.

cowboy

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to find out what the 2022 maintenance fees are for Kona Coast Resort and when the billings will go out?

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Does anyone know how to find out what the 2022 maintenance fees are for Kona Coast Resort and when the billings will go out?
Just received ours for Kona Coast 2. We have 2 deeded weeks, floating 51-16. Total fees are $2837.50.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Haven't received anything in the mail yet but just got off the MVC owners annual meeting.
Margaritaville MFs are going up 1.2% for 2022: 6.80 ==> 6.88 per thousand
Margaritaville PR MFs are going down 0.4% for 2022: 7.13 ==> 7.10 per thousand
This is excluding program fees.
I'm not sure how to add this to the sticky...

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
15.0%, 11.6%, 11.5%, 9.2%, 9.2%, 8.7%, 8.0%, 6.0%, 6.0%, 6.0%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.7%, 3.9%, 3.9%, 3.9%, 3.9%, 3.9%, 3.7%, 3.2%, 3.2%, 3.2%, 2.3%, 2.3%, 2.2%, 2.2%, 2.2%, 2.2%, 2.2%, 0.3%
What's this? The percent increase 2021 to 2022 for my contracts. This is definitely time to unload contracts.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
15%, etc., increase in maintenance fee is crazy high. What resort contracts do you own?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My annual assessments "are not available at this time." I made some changes to my ownership in the past year, so that might have something to do with it.

I haven't bought or sold any contracts in the last couple of years, and mine says the same thing. The 2021 PDF was there until Tuesday morning, when it was replaced by that message. We used to get the letter in late November with the upcoming year's rates, but it has been much later the last 3 or 4 years.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My annual assessments "are not available at this time." I made some changes to my ownership in the past year, so that might have something to do with it.

No change in ownership and mine is gone too. I was trying to total up my anticipated 2022 MFs, but Wyndham is a blank.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Your yearly assessment summaries cannot be displayed right now. Please try again later.”

Same here. Oct UY on 4 contracts, all developer, all UDI. No recent changes. Curious.