• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2017 ] Need Help Rescinding Holiday Inn Club Vacations Time Share

LeeAnnAL

Reaction score
Iirc the correct address is the John Young Pkwy one, but it only costs a few more bux to cover all your bases and send two.

Good Luck, Welcome to TUG. You may not get notified until you get refunded and they are not required to. They ARE required to process the rescission.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for all your responses in this forum. My second question is I don't have the signature page and my signature looks very different on the contract vs my normal signature. Should I try to match my contract signature on the rescission letter or just do my normal signature? Might not be a huge deal, but my signature on the contract is missing normal characteristics of my signature and I don't want them to be able to invalidate my signature on the rescission letter.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for all your responses in this forum. My second question is I don't have the signature page and my signature looks very different on the contract vs my normal signature. Should I try to match my contract signature on the rescission letter or just do my normal signature? Might not be a huge deal, but my signature on the contract is missing normal characteristics of my signature and I don't want them to be able to invalidate my signature on the rescission letter.
I'm sure there will be enough of your normal signature characteristics to be recognized. OTOH, If they can determine it wasn't you that bought the TS, all the better. Don't fret until you miss getting a proper postmark. That's what is important.

4HWTS

Reaction score
Hello, Thank you to all who have posted on this thread. It has been so helpful fro us as we prepare our cancellation notice for the timeshare we so stupidly signed up for this past weekend. We thought we'd never fall for it but they got us! We're still in our window of time to cancel and I have the letter all set to mail out. My question is should I send copies of the contract that specifically show my right to cancel the contract? I state it in our letter but I want to make sure I'm covering all the bases. Thanks for the help.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, Thank you to all who have posted on this thread. It has been so helpful fro us as we prepare our cancellation notice for the timeshare we so stupidly signed up for this past weekend. We thought we'd never fall for it but they got us! We're still in our window of time to cancel and I have the letter all set to mail out. My question is should I send copies of the contract that specifically show my right to cancel the contract? I state it in our letter but I want to make sure I'm covering all the bases. Thanks for the help.

No need to send copies of the contract showing your right to rescind, as they already know what's in their contract and what the State Law allows for legal rescissions.

Send it via USPS Certified Mail, and have it postmarked within the legally allowed time frame. Remember, it doesn't matter when they receive it but it DOES matter when it is postmark and sent.

They need not acknowledge receipt of your paperwork but they are required by law to act on it. Allow up to 45 days for your refund.

How much were they going to charge you for your purchase?

Congratulations on finding TUG in time. Think resale!

4HWTS

Reaction score
No need to send copies of the contract showing your right to rescind, as they already know what's in their contract and what the State Law allows for legal rescissions.

Send it via USPS Certified Mail, and have it postmarked within the legally allowed time frame. Remember, it doesn't matter when they receive it but it DOES matter when it is postmark and sent.

They need not acknowledge receipt of your paperwork but they are required by law to act on it. Allow up to 45 days for your refund.

How much were they going to charge you for your purchase?

Congratulations on finding TUG in time. Think resale!

Thank you for replying! About $18,900. So glad I found this site!

4HWTS

Reaction score
Follow up question... Do you need to cancel the automatic credit card payments with the mortgage company as well or should they stop when HICV processes the cancellation of the contract?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow up question... Do you need to cancel the automatic credit card payments with the mortgage company as well or should they stop when HICV processes the cancellation of the contract?

No. The credit card payments will automatically cancel.

FYI: Those credit card payments don't go into effect until after the rescission period. Since you are canceling prior to the end of the rescission period they will never start.

4HWTS

Reaction score
No. The credit card payments will automatically cancel.

FYI: Those credit card payments don't go into effect until after the rescission period. Since you are canceling prior to the end of the rescission period they will never start.

Thank you once again. This site, as well as the members, have been so very helpful!

DoublePar

Reaction score
I have been having anxieties, stress and sleepless nights since we were pressured to sign a timeshare contract last Monday. I sent the rescission letter today (4th day), and hopefully I'll get the same successful results as the other guys here. The letter I sent are just 3 pages - a signed rescission letter, and the 2 pages in the contract that tells about cancellation. Hope I did not miss anything.
If someone in this forum that can think of something, please let me know fast as I only have until tomorrow (day 5) to act on it. Thank you so much for this site ! I see that this already helped a lot of people and saved million of dollars from bad contracts. I am forever grateful.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been having anxieties, stress and sleepless nights since we were pressured to sign a timeshare contract last Monday. I sent the rescission letter today (4th day), and hopefully I'll get the same successful results as the other guys here. The letter I sent are just 3 pages - a signed rescission letter, and the 2 pages in the contract that tells about cancellation. Hope I did not miss anything.
If someone in this forum that can think of something, please let me know fast as I only have until tomorrow (day 5) to act on it. Thank you so much for this site ! I see that this already helped a lot of people and saved million of dollars from bad contracts. I am forever grateful.

I hope you sent it via USPS Certified Mail and retained your copy of the Postmarked mailing receipt...... This proves you mailed it within the allowable time frame (in your situation).

How much money are you ending up saving?

Welcome to TUG.

DoublePar

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Time Traveller ! Yes, certified/return receipt. Probably overdid it a bit as I even took a video of me preparing the mail envelope with the rescission letter in it and then took a photo of the mail envelope with the stamps and receipt at the post office ! That just shows the level of anxiety I am having now and how it is extremely important for me to cancel the contract. I was trying to replay in my head how we ended up signing a bad contract (unclear savings advantage, lifetime commitment of increasing cost and uncertainties, ridiculous high interest, no clear affordable exit, etc..) , then I realized that pressure they put you under such as tag-teaming, badgering, won't accept 'No', long hours like small room police integration (I never been but saw from watching TV), that you simply end up justifying a bad deal and taking it so the madness stops, at least temporarily. Because it won't really stop there as it is just the beginning of a lifetime stress and anxiety and no clear ending which can ruin finances, relationship, health and won't be surprised if people die because of this. The rescission law is great but I think more can be done. I consider myself a strong-minded and very patient person, but the kind of effect it has in me now makes me wonder about how others dealing or dealt with their situation.
If my rescission is successful, I will be saving about 20K + years of interests which can easily end up paying double. I will also be saving things that cannot be measure by any dollar amount.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Time Traveller ! Yes, certified/return receipt. Probably overdid it a bit as I even took a video of me preparing the mail envelope with the rescission letter in it and then took a photo of the mail envelope with the stamps and receipt at the post office ! That just shows the level of anxiety I am having now and how it is extremely important for me to cancel the contract. I was trying to replay in my head how we ended up signing a bad contract (unclear savings advantage, lifetime commitment of increasing cost and uncertainties, ridiculous high interest, no clear affordable exit, etc..) , then I realized that pressure they put you under such as tag-teaming, badgering, won't accept 'No', long hours like small room police integration (I never been but saw from watching TV), that you simply end up justifying a bad deal and taking it so the madness stops, at least temporarily. Because it won't really stop there as it is just the beginning of a lifetime stress and anxiety and no clear ending which can ruin finances, relationship, health and won't be surprised if people die because of this. The rescission law is great but I think more can be done. I consider myself a strong-minded and very patient person, but the kind of effect it has in me now makes me wonder about how others dealing or dealt with their situation.
If my rescission is successful, I will be saving about 20K + years of interests which can easily end up paying double. I will also be saving things that cannot be measure by any dollar amount.
Your rescission will be successful. They have no recourse but to process it. They have no obligation to inform you of the progress or completion of the rescission, but they MUST process it. Depending on when in your billing cycle the credit hits, it can take up to 45 days before the credit is posted. It adds to the stress, but that's the way these things work.

If, after the money is safely in your hands, timeshare still interests you, c'mon back to TUG. We can show you the magic of owning a great resort at pennies on the retail dollar, and/or educate you so the next time you find yourself in one of those high pressure sales presentations, you will know the right questions to ask and how to safely extricate yourself from their clutches.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

DoublePar

Reaction score
Thanks Jim ! The stress level went down a bit after learning and executing the rescission process. But not until after I get the refund which pretty much an acknowledgement of the contract being cancelled, I don't think I can be my normal self. Still couldn't sleep well and finding myself browsing for solutions and other people's stories even during wee hours in the morning.
There seems to be a value of owning timeshares, but I need it to be simple, easy to understand, no hidden surprises, no lifetime contracts, affordable and clear straight-forward exit strategy at any time. And something that I can sleep on before making a decision. To me, for something that you are required to sign right there at the moment of sales presentation is already very suspicious in itself.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim !
There seems to be a value of owning timeshares, but I need it to be simple, easy to understand, no hidden surprises, no lifetime contracts, affordable and clear straight-forward exit strategy at any time.
Checking all those boxes might be kind of tough, but I think Worldmark comes pretty close. It's a pure points deal. They have nice apartments, mostly, but not exclusively in the west. The buy-in and annual feer are priced per-point, and there is a functioning resale market for the points, making them easy to sell. There are specials on low-cost stays, and shorter-than 7 night stays are possible. For more info, look at www.wmowners.com that's an independent website.

DoublePar

Reaction score
Checking all those boxes might be kind of tough, but I think Worldmark comes pretty close. It's a pure points deal. They have nice apartments, mostly, but not exclusively in the west. The buy-in and annual feer are priced per-point, and there is a functioning resale market for the points, making them easy to sell. There are specials on low-cost stays, and shorter-than 7 night stays are possible. For more info, look at www.wmowners.com that's an independent website.
Thanks again Jim and thanks for the suggestion ! I will look into it later. For now, holding my breath for the next days. I will share updates.

DoublePar

Reaction score
Update : The down payment charge on my credit card has just been processed. If my rescission is successful, I hope my card gets credited for the same amount. I am actually tempted to dispute the charges at this point - any suggestion ? Anyone here had same experience and eventually went all ok with the rescission ?

DoublePar

Reaction score
Update : Still no signs of successful rescission. More than a week past since I sent the mail. I tracked the mail and it appears that they already received it and that a return receipt is on the way back to me. I am super anxious to see the end of all this.
Just to repeat my question above - Would it better at this point to dispute the credit card charges from the down payment we did earlier ? Or just wait for a credit that would show acknowledgement that rescission was successful ?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update : Still no signs of successful rescission. More than a week past since I sent the mail. I tracked the mail and it appears that they already received it and that a return receipt is on the way back to me. I am super anxious to see the end of all this.
Just to repeat my question above - Would it better at this point to dispute the credit card charges from the down payment we did earlier ? Or just wait for a credit that would show acknowledgement that rescission was successful ?

If you mailed your rescission letter within the legally allowable timeframe then you are all set. They have no obligation to acknowledge receipt of your rescission request, but by law they do have to act on it.

Rescissions can take as long as 45 days, so sit back, relax and go celebrate. :cheer: :wave:;)shaka:banana::hi:

DoublePar

Reaction score
Pleased to announce that I now have the full credited amount reflected in my card ! This should be the rescission acknowledgement I have been waiting on.

Thank you TUGBBS and folks who supported me here, helping alleviate the stress and anxiety I was having in the past 2 weeks !
I will certainly be hanging around here and maybe also help others if my experience is relatable with their issues. Also learn about timeshare and see how it can work best on one's advantage.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
HELP! My paperwork says to send to the 9271 S John Young PKWY address within 5 days for rescission, BUT the disclosures I downloaded today say I have 3 days to cancel by sending written notice to ORANGE LAKE COUNTRY CLUB, INC., 8505 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, Florida 34747. Does anyone know which is the correct address or should I send to both?

Also, I don't have the signature sheet, but I plan on sending copies of everything plus their welcome information. Will that work?

Do I need to add anything to my letter? Below is my letter:

"Attn: Holiday Inn Club Vacations

I wish to exercise my right to rescind and cancel contract #_________ dated 5/##/2023. I am exercising my legal right to cancel this contract. I expect a full refund of my deposit of $____________.
Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

First/Last Name
Signature"

Addition Background:
This is for Holiday Inn Vacations Club for the Oak N' Spruce Resort/ Orange Lake Land Trust. I signed this past weekend in South Carolina.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings.

I am doing my rescission letter tomorrow. My contract says 8505 Irlo bronson address, but here I see a different address. My purchase was at Myrtle Beach.

Should I use the Irlo Bronson address or the John Young address?

DoublePar

Reaction score
Greetings.

I am doing my rescission letter tomorrow. My contract says 8505 Irlo bronson address, but here I see a different address. My purchase was at Myrtle Beach.

I sent my rescission letter to John Young PKWY address since that is what's in the contract. I am not sure about any downloaded disclosures. Now I read in some other thread here that it shouldn't hurt if you send to two different addresses to cover all bases. If it's me, I would send to both. But this is not a legal advice since I am not a lawyer. Good luck !

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings.

Use the John Young address. That's the business office that will process the rescission.

Jim