• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] KIRK Marketing and Consultation. TUG Market Place

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
got a response that indeed indicated an issue with their internet/phone provider and thus their new number now is 865-922-0395.

I sent an email on 1/22/21 inquiring if ANYTHING had happened since I signed contract and paid in AUGUST 2020. To which I got a reply from John Kirk that I was updated on 12/2 by Rebecca (who told me nothing- they were still waiting for tax clearance letter). Follow up resulted in J. Kirk saying he would forward to Rebecca. Still never got reply so I called the number you posted which is apparently the number of Liberty Consultants, another timeshare exit company attached to John Kirk. According to their Facebook- they charge a MONTHLY fee. No wonder it takes so long. Changing company names, phone numbers, and little to no contact makes this company one to stay away from IMO. At least I’m not in it for a lot of $.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
6522fcccac87297dc22ca758947db4f4.jpg

For a low monthly fee... we can drag this process on forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
So after reading all this particular thread - and replying to the following advert here on TUG
Grand Mayan at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mexico | Quintana Roo | Riviera Maya
01 2021 50 2021
01/02/2021 12/11/2021
Red
2 bd 2 ba 6 sleeps
Sales Price $269.00
Maint Fees $2,447.40
Posted: 1/21/2021 - HT # 69

THIS IS 2 WEEKS ANNUALLY.
THE MAINTENANCE AND TAXES ARE FOR BOTH WEEKS.
THE 5 YEAR RENOVATION FEE OF $2,360.08 WAS LAST PAID IN 2019.
THIS MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES IN 2029.
CURRENT OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TRANSFER FEES & CLOSING COSTS.

A massive Mayan obelisk greets you as you enter the lobby of The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya, welcoming you to a special world where you and your family can enjoy the life you deserve.
The Grand Mayan at Riviera Maya features spacious quarters and beautiful, Mayan-inspired decor, making waking up in paradise even more enjoyable.
Step into another world at the Mayan Sanctuary pool. Protected by a ring of lofty palapas and a tight grove of palm trees, the Mayan Sanctuary is your aquatic haven in the center of Riviera Maya. Don’t forget to check out The Grand Mayan infinity pool as well!

I was contacted by Samantha - with Liberty Consultations - Simple questions asked - what are the specifics for the contract - what is included, what is excluded, and what are the transfer/maint/booking fees. To which I was told repeatedly that all the details would be given - once I paid their $269.00 fee. After several back and forths I figured what the hell - no risk no gain right? Now at one point in the conversation - John Kirk was brought into maybe assist Samantha - who became quite insistent that she could not divulge further information about the contract unless I agreed to their sales term - and paid the $269.00 fee.
After a few back and forth with John, a fellow proud veteran - I agreed to the basic terms - Now that was approximately March 2nd that this process began....... After a week plus of back and forth - signing their Docusign contract, and paying their $269.00 fee - we heard nothing back for a few days - sent a couple touching base emails to John - We were no longer interested in dealing with Samantha at that point..... first couple were stating that John would get back soon once he heard something new..... And finally after 2weeks of this John states that the seller gave back the contract to Vidanta - And they would issue a refund via mail.
Now at no time dealing with John did we feel we were being led down a less than honest path....... a week after the refund was to be sent - we've still not seen the refund....... and have not hear anything back from John, or Samantha - but it is kinda laughable that the advertisement for the Grand Mayan still remains up - even though it is obviously unavailable......

Just our two cents - Not negative, but then again not positive either......

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
So a two week update - after being told I would receive a full refund..... We've heard nothing from John Kirk, Kirk Marketing, Lincoln Liberty Consultations, or any of their other players involved in what appears to be nothing but another Timeshare Scam.

Edited due to wrong business name - It is Liberty Consultations not Lincoln.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
So a two week update - after being told I would receive a full refund..... We've heard nothing from John Kirk, Kirk Marketing, Lincoln Consultations, or any of their other players involved in what appears to be nothing but another Timeshare Scam.

Bummer.

I sent another email last week with no reply. 8 months since I signed contract and paid $325.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This is all unfortunate. My guess is that they will be popping up again with yet another new name soon. Kirk Marketing started in 2019. Liberty Consultations stated in 2020. A new name coming in 2021?

Their website proudly states "veteran owned and operated" and includes the different branches of the military and an American Flag overlaid with "Ethics, Honesty, Professional". It should be a crime to use the Veteran angle to scam people.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have sent them an email to address these complaints. and have suspended all of their remaining ads in the marketplace.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
have sent them an email to address these complaints. and have suspended all of their remaining ads in the marketplace.

Thanks for looking into it Brian. There is one other TUG member that I know of, that I am communicating with via PM who is owed a refund from a supposed ROFR and has at least one other property that has not transferred after several months.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you are awaiting a reply from Mr. Kirk, please PM me your email address. apparently he is attempting to respond to these complaints but has no way to figure out who is who based on a forum name.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Mr. Kirk has responded saying he has been in communication with both of you regarding your transactions and the stories here are not so cut and dry.

If true, perhaps some replies are being intercepted by members spam/junk folders?

that said, since it has come down to this, a phone call would likely clear any misunderstanding up in short order...vs relying on email.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also as of yet, ive gotten no contacts/emails/pms from anyone with their contact info they are using with Mr. Kirk.

We have a policy of not revealing TUG personal/private data without permission, so unless you contact me regarding your complaints I have no way to let them know who exactly is complaining.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
@TUGBrian
Yes I’m at work I’ll pm you my info now.

From my end it’s completely cut and dry. I signed documents to purchase and paid in August 2020 and have received nothing but “we’re working on it” type responses only after I initiate. AFAIK deed has not yet been recorded. Last response from J Kirk was 2/12 and Rebecca Bailey 2/16. No response from my latest email April 7th.

I’ll send you my email. ETA : I left a phone message.

Last edited:

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
@TUGBrian
I sent you my 2 cents in a private conversation - John finally responded this morning with something akin to "How dare I" blast his company name here on TUGG - and how he's been a member for 5yrs with no complaints..... yadda yadda yadda......

After the deal went bad - Supposedly the current owner gave back the contract to Vidanta - John said he'd look to see if they had anything similar that fit our requirements or issue a refund - and then yep silence for 2 weeks - No "Hey we are working this still," Nothing......

As a business owner myself - I do understand the necessity of communicating with your clients...... The need to make sure that they are taken care of - as many of us won't hesitate to speak up in open forum's to let other know just how well, or how badly you are doing..... It does not matter if the deal you are working on is $20 or $20,000 you communicate and facilitate to whatever means is comfortable to your client.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
@rad.travel.dad
How did yours work out? I may have missed your update.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would suggest that a simple phone call from one side or the other would have resolved many of the claims on either side of emails being sent and responded to (or not). While I make an effort to stick up for owners, putting TUG in the middle of a conversation that really should be had by the vendor and the client is not exactly an ideal situation.

however it appears that in the case of panajack, your refund is on its way.

as for theiggy, i am awaiting an update on that front.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have received confirmation that both of the parties involved in the above complaints have gotten full refunds.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
I am in the same situation (8 months transfer without a resolution), I am hopeful that with the two recent refund, mine will have similar results without the involvement of the admin here. However, I must point out that it is not that I had not tried to the resolve with the company (many voice mails and emails), it is just that they are hard to reach and several of my inquiries got no response for weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
As Brian said- I did receive a refund last night.

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
As did I get notification from John himself that a refund was being issued...... I have not seen it yet, but it is a start - as I've noted to others the biggest issue with dealing with John Kirk or any of his people is lack of communication. And from the various reviews that seems to be a regular issue for them..... Best of luck @wjarcher hope that @TUGBrian can assist you in resolving your transaction as well.....

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
As did I get notification from John himself that a refund was being issued...... I have not seen it yet, but it is a start - as I've noted to others the biggest issue with dealing with John Kirk or any of his people is lack of communication. And from the various reviews that seems to be a regular issue for them..... Best of luck @wjarcher hope that @TUGBrian can assist you in resolving your transaction as well.....
Thanks. I got the refund in check today. To be fair to the company, they were trying to get the transfer done for me. One of the purchases got ROFR'ed. The other two were for westin st john, which requires extra steps (such as tax letters) and might have been impacted by the pandemic. It's great that they still care about their reputation and have taken actions to rectify the situation.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

kacciari

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have had concerning communications from this group, now apparently called Liberty Consultations. I inquired about a timeshare in VT and asked that the owner call me. Instead, I received an email from Samantha Badrinarain stating that I must supply my address and full contact information. However, her email contained none of her contact info other than an email address. This put me on edge. Is there further info on this company?

Ogopogo2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have had concerning communications from this group, now apparently called Liberty Consultations. I inquired about a timeshare in VT and asked that the owner call me. Instead, I received an email from Samantha Badrinarain stating that I must supply my address and full contact information. However, her email contained none of her contact info other than an email address. This put me on edge. Is there further info on this company?
I have also got a similar email from Ms. Badrinarain after I replied to an ad posted on TUG. I am also confused by the lack of contact info and I have the same questions as it was not clear that I was talking to the owner or even someone authorized by the owner.

JFriedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (Bay Lake Tower, Aulauni, Poly) Coral Sands Hilton Head, Treetops Gatlinburg, Club Wyndham
I have also got a similar email from Ms. Badrinarain after I replied to an ad posted on TUG. I am also confused by the lack of contact info and I have the same questions as it was not clear that I was talking to the owner or even someone authorized by the owner.

Not knowing any better we started the process with Samantha. I'll let you know how things pan out.

kacciari

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did hear back from Samantha with answers to some of my questions. She did not attempt to ask the owner the questions for which she had no answer.