• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] KIRK Marketing and Consultation. TUG Market Place

Tye8len9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any TUG members in the process or already purchase from the above company? They have several ads in Bargain Bin TS for sale in the TUG market place. Sean Riley seam to respond to the ads just wanted to know how everything worked out if you purchase from them.

Thanks

Last edited:

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
KIRK Marketing and Consultation

I was wondering the same thing. I responded to one of their Orange Lakes Resort postings. I hope it legitimate because it seems too good to be true!! :rolleyes:

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I heard back.....

Well I heard back from Sean Riley and he wants me to call the office and make the payment over the phone. I am very concerned and skeptical...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is a recent new member to TUG and has posted a good number of resales...please report back your experience.

Tye8len9

TUG Member
Reaction score
We give a update on the experience when completed (I hope works well). So far so good.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What's that smell?

Well I heard back from Sean Riley and he wants me to call the office and make the payment over the phone. I am very concerned and skeptical.

As well you should be...

No P&S contract clearly reflecting (in writing) specific unit / week / price for your examination and review before signature and execution?
No current, dated, signed estoppel originating directly from the resort provided yet for your perusal, confirming owner account status?
No clear identification / choice of independent closing entity, or any mention of the specific cost thereof if he's "mandating" his own closer?

And yet, Mr. Riley wants you to call and make premature payment "over the phone" now? :eek: I don't think so, Pal. Not a chance.

Even if it's a dirt cheap purchase, bear in mind that maintenance fees are essentially forever after closing. Accordingly, it's very important for you (or any other buyer) to learn and confirm and verify every pertinent detail about what it is that you believe you are buying --- before you become the new permanent owner of record.

Last edited:

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The same guys emailed me when I responded to an ad. I didn't get a good feeling, so I backed off.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I didn't go thru with it.....

Well I never responded back to his request to call and make a payment over the phone. I just left it alone. When some things sound too good to be true, they usually are :rolleyes:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all of hte ads that I see posted are low dollar resales....if I had to guess...this gentleman is getting inventory from some sort of disposal/trade in/etc entity and just listing them on various resale outlets.

Tye8len9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a update if you are think off or have already agreed to take one of there TS offering in the Bergin Basement area (and they have several) don't bother just back away and run. If you did purchase or in the middle of closing on one and having a problem I like to hear about it let me know. They do not have a clue on closing procedures (ie Hilton specially and will make one excuse after the other. The head honcho running the show is very rude and is clueless but will remind you he is all about integrity because he is a vet and retired Chaplin. Stay far, far away. This is just my 2 cents and my experience dealing with them as I stated if anyone else has dealt with or currently dealing with them I love to hear from you shoot me a PM, email or here.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Kirk Marketing

I attempted to purchase a bargain basement listing they had in New Orleans. The first issue was their contention that the Bluegreen property was a membership and had no deed. I called Bluegreen and they said this was false. Then Kirk said that it was deeded, and would take 45-90 days rather than the quick 30 first mentioned. Then I called the property and they said the unit specified was a 1/1, not a 2/2 as described in the TUG bargain basement. When presented with these facts, Sean said he would check. He later confirmed that it was a 1/1... Too many issues, and too many timeshares for sale to do business here...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sad to hear that there are so many errors here, and it certainly follows the pattern of the mass ebay sellers dumping $1 inventory gathered from a variety of methods.

glad folks know to both verify, and then walk away on even a $1 deal when things dont smell right.

warms my heart =)

John Kirk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Laurel Point, Vacation Village
Just a update if you are think off or have already agreed to take one of there TS offering in the Bergin Basement area (and they have several) don't bother just back away and run. If you did purchase or in the middle of closing on one and having a problem I like to hear about it let me know. They do not have a clue on closing procedures (ie Hilton specially and will make one excuse after the other. The head honcho running the show is very rude and is clueless but will remind you he is all about integrity because he is a vet and retired Chaplin. Stay far, far away. This is just my 2 cents and my experience dealing with them as I stated if anyone else has dealt with or currently dealing with them I love to hear from you shoot me a PM, email or here.

Good to see you Tyler - ( Owner of SWITCH IT transfer company ) nice to see your active on TUGGS.. I truly think its sad you must trash another company and me to attempt to increase your business and hurt mine. Very sad. Ill be in Gatlinburg soon so maybe, we can have lunch or something. Ill be visiting Treetops, Oakmont and others. So be glad to meet you..
Have Blessed Day and I hope that what you are trying to do to a good company is worth it and you realize that eventually all the money you have taken from people and not transferred their properties, will catch up to you.

God Bless

John Kirk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Laurel Point, Vacation Village
sad to hear that there are so many errors here, and it certainly follows the pattern of the mass ebay sellers dumping $1 inventory gathered from a variety of methods.

glad folks know to both verify, and then walk away on even a $1 deal when things dont smell right.

warms my heart =)

We are legit, Please Verify on the BBB, there is reasons why we do not send client info to potential buyers. We are a straight up company that makes a few mistakes here and there but work very hard for both the seller and buyer. Please call me I will be more then happy to answer any questions.
Do you know how hard it is to be and honest organization in business that is plagued with 1000's of scams?
Very hard.. Please call, verify whatever you to do. Because I have worked hard to do what is right..

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but can share my experience. We did purchase a unit on TUG Marketplace from Kirk Marketing group. I wasn't sure what to expect from them and initially almost backed out of the deal because of my uncertainty. But I found them incredibly transparent and easy to deal with. They answered every question I asked promptly. Our property transferred in about 60 days, with no errors or issues. We got exactly what they advertised and promised. I have zero complaints and based on my experience they certainly gained my trust and I would not hesitate to use them again if they ever had another property we were interested in.

This is just my personal experience. Not meant to be an endorsement per se. But reading all the criticisms I feel compelled to say something just for the sake of fairness.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have the bargain of 308K National Harbor, basically free, all closing costs paid, mfs up to date.

No estoppel only told that no loan free and clear and 2018 points are available and standard mfs for National Harbor.

But nothing on sales agreement to indicate what I am buying. Seems like a blank check.

I've asked for that info and since they have to fill in sometime their is no reason Anyone have a completed story on these guys?

I hate to let this get away but this seems sketchy. Anyone complete a sale with these folks and can report?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
.... nothing on sales agreement to indicate what I am buying.

Hardly a "sales agreement" at all if there is nothing actually identified within it on which to agree for purchase and sale. :confused:

win555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
worldmark
This company has several great deals listed on TUG Marketplace and it would be good to know if anybody has completed a transaction successfully with them recently.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
This company has several great deals listed on TUG Marketplace and it would be good to know if anybody has completed a transaction successfully with them recently.
This thread is over 3 years old. This should be interesting....

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella Phase)
Fiesta Americana Vacation Club - Cancun Villas & Los Cabos Villas
Bluegreen - The Club at Big Bear & The Fountains, Orlando

I inquired about a listing of theirs over the weekend and got a response this morning. It was immediately asking for payment which I found a little sketchy so I approached cautiously, however, I asked for proof of membership prior to remitting payment and I was sent a scan of the "Certificate of Beneficial Ownership" on the timeshare interest in question. They are requesting payment via PayPal (which I can dispute if things go south) and the risk is low. Between their positive BBB reviews and my gut feelings here as well as the low upfront cost that I'm risking, I am going to go through with it and hope all works out. I will update on this thread on my experience either way!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
They are requesting payment via PayPal (which I can dispute if things go south) and the risk is low.

Be aware that PayPal doesn’t offer protection for real estate transactions.

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Be aware that PayPal doesn’t offer protection for real estate transactions.
Just verified that too... Not sure why they're accepting PayPal then. In any case, PayPal disputes or a bank dispute could get my small investment back if need be.

Country Roads

Reaction score
Just too many questions for so I decided no. Some information so, make your own choice.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Just verified that too... Not sure why they're accepting PayPal then. In any case, PayPal disputes or a bank dispute could get my small investment back if need be.

They accept PayPal because their buyers can’t dispute with PayPal if something goes wrong, even if Kirk doesn’t live up to their end of the bargain.

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They accept PayPal because their buyers can’t dispute with PayPal if something goes wrong, even if Kirk doesn’t live up to their end of the bargain.

They accept credit and debit card too, I’ll use a credit card for better protection.:)

Reactions: RX8