• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Cancelling a Westgate Timeshare [merged]

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
Does anyone know when they legally have to close the contract and give me my refund? They got the letter July 3rd, Just trying to figure out how much longer I have to deal with their nonsense.

CV0615

Reaction score
They have been calling my husband and I every day and even the manager of the closing agent called yesterday and left voicemail that in order for us to get our refund we need to talk to them first. Smh. We haven’t and won’t pick up their calls. They received our letter 7/11 so Hopefully refund will come soon. And this be over with. Never again.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when they legally have to close the contract and give me my refund? They got the letter July 3rd, Just trying to figure out how much longer I have to deal with their nonsense.
They have up to 45 days. They say it's due to when the refund is posted in your billing cycle. It should be a couple of weeks, but that's Wastegate.

Reactions: JHT

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

45 days. Ignore their freaking calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They were calling me repeatedly.I answerd and told them I do not want the timeshare or any further business. I'm going to send another letter again and in the letter I stated I had sent my letter that states I have already Have rescinded my contract And that I don't agree to any old or new terms. We want it Cancel, I want my refund,and to stop contacting me via phone and email. I only expect a letter/document of my canceled contract. I also stated I will contact the AG.I have my receipt for 1st certified letter I also have my receipt where I sent the owners kit with Signature required.

How did they respond that you would contact the AG?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They have been calling my husband and I every day and even the manager of the closing agent called yesterday and left voicemail that in order for us to get our refund we need to talk to them first. Smh. We haven’t and won’t pick up their calls. They received our letter 7/11 so Hopefully refund will come soon. And this be over with. Never again.

They have 45 days to send you your refund, legally.

CV0615

Reaction score
They have 45 days to send you your refund, legally.

Yes I am aware of the 45 days but just annoying to get their calls. We ended up just blocking their phone numbers.

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
How did they respond that you would contact the AG?

No response via email, I told them I will not be accepting or calls or emails. The only thing I want is a letter/document stating from them the contract is canceled because I did my recession within the legal amount of time stated in Tennessee law. I got a call from Florida but did not answer.

Last edited:

Intuition2019

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
My paper has a fort Lauderdale address is this the one I ise

Attachments

• 15641678340427814901063154069074.jpg
    15641678340427814901063154069074.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 55

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
Is this just a ploy to scare me by putting that they are going to report it to my credit. They did not take the money out of my account for July. I'm not contacting them. So I just want to make sure that legally they can't do anything because I did my recession letter In sent in my owner's kit.
No response via email, I told them I will not be accepting or calls or emails. The only thing I want is a letter/document stating from them the contract is canceled because I did my recession within the legal amount of time stated in Tennessee law. I got a call from Florida but did not answer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190729-080210_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190729-080210_Gmail.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 71

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
I got this today, Is this just a ploy or a threat that they're going to report from my credit. As you know I did my recession letter already. I have refuse to take any more calls from them after the last email of me stating that I did not want any old terms or new terms. My 45 days should be around August 19th. They did not take money out of my bank account on July 24th.

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
Actually my 45 days would be up on August 7th.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got this today, Is this just a ploy or a threat that they're going to report from my credit. As you know I did my recession letter already. I have refuse to take any more calls from them after the last email of me stating that I did not want any old terms or new terms. My 45 days should be around August 19th. They did not take money out of my bank account on July 24th.

Wastegate never ceases to amaze me with their underhanded tactics. You are good. If they report to your credit, report to TN AG, and write an addendum to your credit report.

If they did not take money out, that is a good sign. Wastegate always takes money out ASAP.

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
They're slime!!Must be very money hungry for 8000.00

JHT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
I don't understand how sending me that is even legal after my letter.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good morning @Intuition2019 , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

I agree that what you shared is the document preparer, but Greenspoon Marder has always been the firm covering Mr. S's back, so I would be surprised if they are not involved in squeezing you.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Should I send an email back..?
You've sent enough emails clearly stating your position to Wastegate. I think engaging Wastegate via email further isn't helpful.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree that what you shared is the document preparer, but Greenspoon Marder has always been the firm covering Mr. S's back, so I would be surprised if they are not involved in squeezing you.
Greenspoon Marder gives lawyers a bad name and reputation.

Last edited: