• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

ERW

Reaction score
Your right.... I never connected his name when reading the judgement transcript and I guess the name was irrelevant to me because it didn't stand out to me. Paid more attention to the meat of the judgement than names I wasn't familiar with. I do know who he is now through a posting of Quadmaniac that explained he went to his lawsuit against a friends on one of this TS's. If I took the time now to re read, I guess I would see and notice who he is in this judgment.

All TS owners should have known about all this back in 2009 and been concerned then. I was and followed it through the bankruptcy and with some research that is there for everyone can find. It was only after we all got the 'letter' to stay in or leave, is when 99% of the TS owners got involved. I started to be concerned in 2009 about my TS.

Cool, thanks for the answer. Was something that begged to be asked and answered. Thanks for your reply.

GypsyOne

Reaction score
explr: "It was only after we all got the 'letter' to stay in or leave, is when 99% of the TS owners got involved. I started to be concerned in 2009 about my TS."

99% of the TS owners hadn't heard about the bankruptcy until they got the extortion note from Fairmont. That is the injustice of us not having representation on the management board. We are being asked to take the responsibility of ownership without having information on which to act.

Last edited:

xplor

Reaction score
explr: "It was only after we all got the 'letter' to stay in or leave, is when 99% of the TS owners got involved. I started to be concerned in 2009 about my TS."

99% of the TS owners hadn't heard about the bankruptcy until they got the extortion note from Fairmont. That is the injustice of us not having representation on the management board. We are being asked to take the responsibility of ownership without having information on which to act.

True. I wouldn't have known if one of the TS owners who was a bondholder as well hadn't told me of which he was concerned for his TS as I was. It is my understanding many (far from most) were TS owners. I can see that many would have seen Northmont as Fairmont, one of the same when we all got that letter, but Fairmont was history in 2009. I don't see Northmont as being unfair in their options and making people stay in which they could have by contract. Reading the judgement they seemed pretty reasonable group despite the outcome for the remain TS holding were not expecting. It made sense when going over the contract with it with my lawyer and now reading the judgement.
Let's hope something can be worked out because other TS owners who took the legal advice and stayed or the many who choose to stay by understanding the situation their resort was in, have been paying the bills that over a thousand haven't been for 3 years to keep their TS's going and repaired. It was the decision many took and now they have to pony up for that decision and for the time they weren't paying. Not good, but a hard reality of life's hard lessons we all have made at some point.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

KGB_527

Reaction score
XPLOR -- are you really one of us timeshare owners?
Just reading few of your posts it seems to me, that you are the Northwynd/Northmont.
I think your so called business lawyer is NORTON ROSE, and they represent Northmont and yourself. So, thank you for your advice, and please LEAVE this site.
We know, what we are up against and your false empathy does not help anyone.
Knowing what you are proclaiming to know for so long, why didn't you post your "smarts" 2 years, or year ago, or why didn't you contact M.Gelderts's office and have some relevant input to this issue?

Remember, just because some judge issued this opinion, it does not make it right.
Another judge can have totally different judgment.

Contracts cannot be just irrelevant piece of paper. If anyone of us TS would think like this, and if we knew that we would have to pay for capital expenses on this resort, we would never, never got into it in the first place.
Why would I pay when renting house/apartment for structural repairs?
I am paying rent, electricity, water, cable, heat and this is it. If there is a foundation problem, or roof problem this is not my concern.

So, XPLOR please take your advice and false empathy with you and LEAVE.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Exactly my argument when Xplor "all of the sudden" appeared and started to share his "wisdom" with us. We all know he is from Northmont and it won't work! We're not caving !

xplor

Reaction score
XPLOR -- are you really one of us timeshare owners?
Just reading few of your posts it seems to me, that you are the Northwynd/Northmont.
I think your so called business lawyer is NORTON ROSE, and they represent Northmont and yourself. So, thank you for your advice, and please LEAVE this site.
We know, what we are up against and your false empathy does not help anyone.
Knowing what you are proclaiming to know for so long, why didn't you post your "smarts" 2 years, or year ago, or why didn't you contact M.Gelderts's office and have some relevant input to this issue?

Remember, just because some judge issued this opinion, it does not make it right.
Another judge can have totally different judgment.

Contracts cannot be just irrelevant piece of paper. If anyone of us TS would think like this, and if we knew that we would have to pay for capital expenses on this resort, we would never, never got into it in the first place.
Why would I pay when renting house/apartment for structural repairs?
I am paying rent, electricity, water, cable, heat and this is it. If there is a foundation problem, or roof problem this is not my concern.

So, XPLOR please take your advice and false empathy with you and LEAVE.

1)We have owned since 1988, you have no idea and lots of guessing
2) so wrong on this Rose lawyer, as mentioned I used my own business lawyer, one of the most reputable in Alberta. This seem to bother you that other lawyer could quite easily make a assessment on an out come by reading a contract.
3) Why would I contact Geldert's office when I had good advise and he turned out wrong anyway..
4) Northwynd/Northmont.... listen, I have offered full permission to the TUG administrator to determine where my IP address is (where I post from). No loud mouth on this site seems to want to verify that but to keep yapping on this site I am someone else they think. Don't you 'think' for a moment that another TS owner who sees things differently, obviously got better advice than you and didn't get caught up in this Geldert lawsuit that failed terribly to make a case can post here. I don't see anywhere this is the Geldert lawsuit website. Because it wasn't the conclusion you wants, this supreme court is just some court's opinion. The 'some court' is the BC Supreme Court. You mention "another judge could have a totally different judgement", which means your saying from you legal opinion, judges don't base their judgements based on past ruling called 'case law', which she used throughout the judgement and you really think they are all over the map on coming to a decision and depends on the judge assigned to the case ?? I get it now where you are coming from, from no where and pure ignorance of the judicial process in a democratic country.
5) your babble on about contacts are paper only, about renting, apartments, building repairs and then capital expenses not your cost. Sorry, the judge says they are based on the paper contract you signed until you can find an supreme court appeals judge to refute her clearly backed up by case law, judgment.
6)'Capital expense', is that the foundation repair that you are calling capital expenses ? Sorry but you plainly don't know what you are talking about and what 'capital expenses/cost' are, is your problem. From someone who managed at one time million dollar budgets with 'capital cost', a capital cost is something 'new'. New building, new equipment, something you didn't have before. Existing foundation repairs are exactly that, repairs. The judge commented using the example that if a building burnt down and was rebuilt, that is not a 'capital cost', it is a repair. She found no merit in Geldert's definition of 'capital cost' and frankly most lawyer wouldn't either. Northmont has no capital costs that are part of these fees. This is just one example of many where you and all of the followers of Belfrey are really off the track so many times, but I guess it can happen with the right lawyer and the money provided. If you think your right long enough, based on hearsay and misinformation, then it is only you that is right, but doesn't help you or anyone in the end when all along you have been wrong and thought your right.

And lastly, I have lots of empathy for all of the very good ordinary honest people that got pulled into this started by Belfrey and aided by his lawyer when there was no case, just a long shot and a chance to make a pile of money on a class action suit. One must ask why Belfrey and Geldert couldn't back up evidence they were presenting and was poorly prepared for this trial as was stated in the judgement. If you are going to go to court with 'evidence', an experience lawyer will make sure his witnesses can back them up with fact. This wasn't the case. Did Belfrey really represent the best interests when others lawyers could plainly see there was no merit going into any lawsuit. I feel it was based on what he though it should be and misinformation. Those are the ones I have empathy for because they followed bad advice and misinformation and hoped Belfrey would fix it for them. I have no empathy for those who were involved, lost their money chasing the bad choice and long shot that want the other side of the coin exposed to stop posting the truth of the matter, because he doesn't agree with you and a hand full of Belfrey's followers that lost and somehow still think based on a very clearly explained judgement, it was wrong. Think whatever anyone wants, it is a BC supreme court ruling. And I am not leaving, because this isn't your website. Have a great day. :)

Last edited:

xplor

Reaction score
admin edit: dont be rude...

Last edited by a moderator:

Anxiety123

Reaction score
Stop poking the bear...

Time to stop poking the bear... It is what it is and now we must decide where to go from here. Hopefully there will be a resolution soon.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Not sure which is worse
this thread or Peppertree Atlantic Beach l bankruptcy thread

Last edited:

Meow

Reaction score
It is likely that xplor is a Northwynd plant whose objective is to incite people and add more confusion to a very unfortunate situation. Perhaps it is time for the Tug Moniters to shut this thread down. Enough misinformation is being passed around.

xplor

Reaction score
It is likely that xplor is a Northwynd plant whose objective is to incite people and add more confusion to a very unfortunate situation. Perhaps it is time for the Tug Moniters to shut this thread down. Enough misinformation is being passed around.

Whatever. So I am not Northwynd.Northmont now, I'm a 'plant'. There is no way I could ever be one of the other of the 12,000 TS owners that is trying to show those that got taken in by Belfrey, to take a few hours out of the life and read the judgment to get the fact so they know what happened for yourselves.

The misinformation and confusion was started 3 years ago when over 1000 people jumped on the worthless lawsuit train and 'you' just don't want to accept that riding this train ended where it did and you simply don't like where you paid to be now and the ride you got. The truth of the matter is it hurts and I get it. There is nothing confusing or added confusion to a lengthy, well written and documented supreme court judgement that I have discussed here. If it incites you to know how badly Belfrey represented you in court, take that up with him. Everyone who paid into this should be reading the judgement and asking him why he couldn't back up his evidence and was ill prepared as the judge stated (not me). Asked him to refund your money because he lost 100% of the trial, a judgement of his case was 'without merit'. Nothing was in his favor. It was a wreck for him and the followers of this prophet.

You and a hand full of others would love to block the truth from the honest TS owner looking for the truth and why Belfrey lost this for them. Keep the TS owners in the dark and advise them of more misinformation and no where to go for the other side of the story to what happened. Maybe more money from their pockets to fund another wild goose chase or a dead horse race. Any appeal court will look at this judgment, the case law that was used, her reasoning's to the case and the fact that Belfrey couldn't back up his evidence, period. 'I am sure' another judge will side with the lack of evidence and ill prepared he was as stated in the judgment and not with the supreme court judge using past case law judgements that held up in court of judgements and judicial process to determine the outcome. An appeal is not a re trial, so you would not have to worry Belfrey will screw up again, with lack of evidence or being able to back any of it up, but will be reviewing her judgement and it doesn't look good to throw more good money after another bad choice in an appeal. TUG would be doing an injustice to all of the other TS owners who want to know the truth and hear the other side of the coin by closing this thread. There is more than you and a hand full of cool aide drinkers that want to know the truth. Unless you think there is only one side to this pancake. :)

Anxiety123

Reaction score
Hilarious...

OK now you guys, I think you just like to egg each other on. I am not getting anything good out of this site any more. Just frustration. Xplor makes me feel bad and anxious like putting salt in my wounds and making me feel like I have been screwed twice!! And the rest just wanting to egg him on. We thought we got legal advise went with the legal suggestion and lost. That part is over and we move on. Bashing is not getting any one any where. So good luck to everyone I hope we can get this worked out soon and we can just live life in peace. Northmont will be happy that they screw a lot of people and have a lot of money and we can just leave this behind us. Bye

GypsyOne

Reaction score
XPLR You said #1808 "The judge commented using the example that if a building burnt down and was rebuilt, that is not a 'capital cost', it is a repair."

If the judge did say that, she really revealed her incompetence. Take it from a real estate appraiser, a building that is rebuilt is a capital expense. A capital expense (CAPEX) is an expense where the benefit continues over a long period. For accounting and Revenue Canada purposes, a CAPEX is amortized or depreciated over the life of the asset in question. On the other hand, an operating expense (OPEX) will usually be used up and costed in the year it was incurred.

Neither is a capital expense something that is new, although it could be new, but then so could an operating expense.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is what everyone sees : guy suddenly joins the site and immediately starts attacking Belfry & Geldert, trying to discredit them and cast doubt over their intentions. Then tries to also attack the other members of the lawsuit by making them feel stupid, bad or incompetent for joining in by belittling them for wasting their money.

This in turn will hopefully get some of the members to bail out and call Northmont and beg for a settlement. Sign over more 6-12K each. Even if you can convince 100 who doesn't have the gut lining to continue, as you gotten in their head, it means $600,000-$1,200,000 in Northmont's pockets. They will be thinking "we lost so instead of risking a greater loss if we continue and lose again, I better settle and be done with it. How much to buy out ?".

Of course if I was going to post under an fake "identity", I would hide my IP as well. There are numerous ways to fake the IP so it looks like it is coming from somewhere else just in case someone tries to find out my real identity. It's not hard to do. I fake my IP to make it look like I am in the US vs Canada to get US Netflix and Hulu.

Now, I vigorously attack the parties constantly and point out all conclusions of the judgements so I spell it out for everyone making it look like a lost cause. This way everyone will think twice about continuing to support Geldert and Belfry. Maybe some will turn on them causing them trouble to distract them from further litigation if their supporters bail out.

I notice that Xplor has only posted on this thread - replying and defending any challenge of the decision. Keeping the pressure on. Why else would someone defend the decision so VIGOROUSLY ? What horse does he have in the decision on the case if he has already paid the cancellation and is out ? Most who have cancelled are happy to done with it and forget about this fiasco. Sure some are keeping tabs for curiousity. If it was me who cancelled, I wouldn't care what others did as I am out. I never have to worry. Why would I now OBSESS about what is written, true or false, about me if it does not affect me ? Who cares if they think if I am Wankel ? Why would I even argue it ? It's only important if it hurts my credibility and I must prove "my new identity" so people will read and trust what I have said. I will try to "help" people with advice to get from under Belfry and Geldert.

As a member of the lawsuit and I have a vested interest in the result, I have only browsed through the judgement. I have not examined the 120 page report with a fine tooth comb as Xplor has. For what reason would a normal person do this if it he has no involvement ? Maybe if I had no life and I like wasting my time I would. So Xplor is examining the document in more detail that someone who was part of the lawsuit....hmmmm, nothing seems unusual here.... Nothing to see here as it is not suspicious at all! :crash::crash::crash::crash: :wall::wall::wall:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you cant make posts like adults....ill start deleting more of them.

xplor

Reaction score
XPLR You said #1808 "The judge commented using the example that if a building burnt down and was rebuilt, that is not a 'capital cost', it is a repair."

If the judge did say that, she really revealed her incompetence. Take it from a real estate appraiser, a building that is rebuilt is a capital expense. A capital expense (CAPEX) is an expense where the benefit continues over a long period. For accounting and Revenue Canada purposes, a CAPEX is amortized or depreciated over the life of the asset in question. On the other hand, an operating expense (OPEX) will usually be used up and costed in the year it was incurred.

Neither is a capital expense something that is new, although it could be new, but then so could an operating expense.

Your wrong and pretty much most people are well aware of the 'real estate appraiser'. She was absolutely correct that it was repairling the building because the build once existed. That is why an insurance company will rebuild the house and not a new house that wasn't ever there existing. So as long as the cool aide drinkers keep drinkng this cool aide from Belfrey and try hard to believe, I guess to you it's a capital cost.... :whoopie:

xplor

Reaction score
Quadmaniac;1868390]Here is what everyone sees : guy suddenly joins the site and immediately starts attacking Belfry & Geldert, trying to discredit them and cast doubt over their intentions. Then tries to also attack the other members of the lawsuit by making them feel stupid, bad or incompetent for joining in by belittling them for wasting their money. It was fully explained in my first post why I was posting for the first time and why I was posting to encourage others to read the judgment. 4X maniac, you are one a one track mind that can't get it that the ordinary TS owners are interested with this (some more than others) and the decisions they made. As another TS owner posted here 'keep poking the bear' and you are going to hear from the bear everytime because you are attempting to discredit the supreme court ruling which proves Belfrey and Geldert were complete failures and as the case mentioned had 'no merit' in their case. This is what bothers all of the cool aide drinkers they lost terribly, without a case. Use whatever words you like about how this makes you feel and you hear the other side of the story and what went wrong from the beginning. If you feel belittled, stupid, bad or incompetent as you say you feel, sorry for you feeling this all has caused you. No one can make another feel anything, it's the person themselves who feels whatever way based on reality.
This in turn will hopefully get some of the members to bail out and call Northmont and beg for a settlement. Sign over more 6-12K each. Even if you can convince 100 who doesn't have the gut lining to continue, as you gotten in their head, it means $600,000-$1,200,000 in Northmont's pockets. They will be thinking "we lost so instead of risking a greater loss if we continue and lose again, I better settle and be done with it. How much to buy out ?".
That is a choice all TS owner will eventually have to make and hopefully come to a good conclusion for those you choose to take that step. Other kool aide drinkers will reach deeper in their pockets and follow the prophet back into the sea.
Of course if I was going to post under an fake "identity", I would hide my IP as well. There are numerous ways to fake the IP so it looks like it is coming from somewhere else just in case someone tries to find out my real identity. So, you are the guy who sues his friend because his friend finds about the fees required to be paid to Northmont before the transfer of your at issue TS to him and now admits he lies and uses false information to fraudulently get service from the US and hide his identity, hmmmm ... I can clearly see the person you are, dishonest and using the system like you have been trying in not paying your fees, this one just didn't work for you. /COLOR]It's not hard to do. I fake my IP to make it look like I am in the US vs Canada to get US Netflix and Hulu.

Now, I vigorously attack the parties constantly and point out all conclusions of the judgements so I spell it out for everyone making it look like a lost cause. So you are the kool aide maker offering more poison kool aide by attempting to discredit the judgment you have admitted you have not fully read, just browsed it and other TS owners who are simply being shown what went wrong from the beginning. This way everyone will think twice about continuing to support Geldert and Belfry. Your right, my one purpose is to show others to 'think twice' about this and you so clearly don't want them to know about what happened and why it was a wreck. No merit' case says it all. Maybe some will turn on them causing them trouble to distract them from further litigation if their supporters bail out.

I notice that Xplor has only posted on this thread - replying and defending any challenge of the decision. Keeping the pressure on. Why else would someone defend the decision so VIGOROUSLY ? Quit poking the bear and discrediting a court judgement and he will stopWhat horse does he have in the decision on the case if he has already paid the cancellation and is out ? Most who have cancelled are happy to done with it and forget about this fiasco. Sure some are keeping tabs for curiousity. If it was me who cancelled, I wouldn't care what others did as I am out. I never have to worry.No where here have I posted I paid to get out. I paid my fees after talking to the lawyer and getting 'correct' advice on these fees and the contract and with friends who paid because we understood the issue of our resort and the contract. I have been trading out my Sunchasers TS the last three years Why would I now OBSESS about what is written, true or false, about me if it does not affect me ? Who cares if they think if I am Wankel ? Why would I even argue it ? It's only important if it hurts my credibility and I must prove "my new identity" so people will read and trust what I have said. Believe me, I don't need a new identity like you have admitted using or that this has hurt my credibility because I solely work with facts and the judgement handed down and know where Belfrey led so many people with false hope and misinformation, not facts. That was clear in the judgement I will try to "help" people with advice to get from under Belfry and Geldert. Its a personal choice all will have to take at some point. Simple reality, this isn't going away.

As a member of the lawsuit and I have a vested interest in the result, I have only browsed through the judgement. I have not examined the 120 page report with a fine tooth comb as Xplor has. For what reason would a normal person do this if it he has no involvement ? Maybe if I had no life and I like wasting my time I would. So Xplor is examining the document in more detail that someone who was part of the lawsuit....hmmmm, nothing seems unusual here.... Or maybe he spent a career chasing fraudsters and criminals and now have the time now to examine and warn others to be careful and know why this was a wreck to begin with. Think what you want if it makes you hppierNothing to see here as it is not suspicious at all! :crash::crash::crash::crash: :wall::wall::wall:[/QUOTE]

Time to head for the dining room 4X maniac for breakfast. Have a great day !

Last edited:

GypsyOne

Reaction score
Your wrong and pretty much most people are well aware of the 'real estate appraiser'. She was absolutely correct that it was repairling the building because the build once existed. That is why an insurance company will rebuild the house and not a new house that wasn't ever there existing. So as long as the cool aide drinkers keep drinkng this cool aide from Belfrey and try hard to believe, I guess to you it's a capital cost.... :whoopie:

Nope, any knowledgeable person in the construction or accounting fields will tell you that the house that replaced one that previously existed is a capital expenditure. The fact it replaced another house is irrelevant. The determinant of being capital or operating repair is the expected lifetime of the asset in question. A well constructed dwelling built to code should have a lifetime of 50-60 years or even greater, although the Fairmont buildings were shoddily built not to code and therefore have a much shorter life, some about 15 years before becoming unusable.

The building and real estate industries have a legal and fiduciary duty to build and market buildings according to code and normally expected building standards. Those that bought into the Fairmont complex have every right to expect the buildings would have a lifetime of at least as long as their 40-year leases. The fact that they did not is a serious misrepresentation by the developer of the product they were selling and therefore a fundamental breach of contract. The injustice of the Fitzpatrick ruling is that she places the blame for shoddy work, and the responsibility for correcting the shoddy work on the hands of the Timeshare owners, who rightfully thought they were simply buying vacation time in a reputable resort. Meanwhile the real owners and managers of the resort are handed a blank cheque to make whatever corrections and enhancements they deem necessary and profitable to them. Time will tell if there is justice in the justice system.

GypsyOne

Reaction score
EXPLR says #1820:
"No where here have I posted I paid to get out. I paid my fees after talking to the lawyer and getting 'correct' advice on these fees and the contract and with friends who paid because we understood the issue of our resort and the contract. I have been trading out my Sunchasers TS the last three years"

I was having a hard time figuring out what was your dog in the fight. Oh, so you are a TS owner who paid the renovation project ransom and now you want the resisters to help you out? Boy did you ever get suckered in! Now you will be at the mercy of the gang for the remaining term of your lease, who will not hesitate to hit you up for higher and higher maintenance fees and special assessments to repair and replace shoddy workmanship. Good luck with that! Some of us chose not to fall in lockstep and are seeking justice.

Last edited:

xplor

Reaction score
Nope, any knowledgeable person in the construction or accounting fields will tell you that the house that replaced one that previously existed is a capital expenditure. The fact it replaced another house is irrelevant. The determinant of being capital or operating repair is the expected lifetime of the asset in question. A well constructed dwelling built to code should have a lifetime of 50-60 years or even greater, although the Fairmont buildings were shoddily built not to code and therefore have a much shorter life, some about 15 years before becoming unusable.

The building and real estate industries have a legal and fiduciary duty to build and market buildings according to code and normally expected building standards. Those that bought into the Fairmont complex have every right to expect the buildings would have a lifetime of at least as long as their 40-year leases. The fact that they did not is a serious misrepresentation by the developer of the product they were selling and therefore a fundamental breach of contract. The injustice of the Fitzpatrick ruling is that she places the blame for shoddy work, and the responsibility for correcting the shoddy work on the hands of the Timeshare owners, who rightfully thought they were simply buying vacation time in a reputable resort. Meanwhile the real owners and managers of the resort are handed a blank cheque to make whatever corrections and enhancements they deem necessary and profitable to them. Time will tell if there is justice in the justice system.

Our building didn't burn down though and you 'may' be correct about capital costs replacing / rebuilding an existing building, but that is up to an appeal court. However our building exists and due to whatever reason and there could be many, the foundation needed to be 'repaired' not 'capital costed'. Best person to understand this is a CPA, not a real estate appraiser. In respect to the shoddy work, TS owners bought into TS buildings that had shoddy work originally. Agree.

xplor

Reaction score
EXPLR says #1820:
"No where here have I posted I paid to get out. I paid my fees after talking to the lawyer and getting 'correct' advice on these fees and the contract and with friends who paid because we understood the issue of our resort and the contract. I have been trading out my Sunchasers TS the last three years"

I was having a hard time figuring out what was your dog in the fight. Oh, so you are a TS owner who paid the renovation project ransom and now you want the resisters to help you out? Boy did you ever get suckered in! Now you will be at the mercy of the gang for the remaining term of your lease, who will not hesitate to hit you up for higher and higher maintenance fees and special assessments to repair and replace shoddy workmanship. Good luck with that! Some of us chose not to fall in lockstep and are seeking justice.

And how did it work for you so far. I am still enjoying our TS, understand the issues better that the blind following the blind. I just hope people make wise decisions going forward. When is it enough and sometimes its hard to accept and understand the recent judgement when so many thought it was going to be a different outcome. Belfrey and Geldert were a terrible failure in court. Everything you mentioned above is fully speculation and assumptions based on the kool aide you are drinking. We TS owners that stayed in haven't had any issues with Northmont and don't expect there will be either. No doubt your group will get much smaller now that people understand why this happened and the costs will become much higher per TS owner going to an appeal that if you read the judgement and the case law she used that backs it up, your race horse is still dead and will never win a race again.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This exactly what I mean, you absolutely fight every single post that is contrary to what you believe and keep hammering on how "right and correct" the judgement is and how everyone in the suit is wrong.

If you read all of my posts, you will note, not once have I discussed the validity of the judgement, I have only questioned your credibility as you are at the other end of the spectrum. As I said before, I have a judgement in my hands that says my friend was in the wrong, he took the timeshare way before anyone knew anything about a renovation fee and he is responsible for it period.

I can tell you are getting frustrated as you have to insult me and everyone else to put yourself on a pedestal making it look like you are the logical person in the room. But you go ahead, I don't need to call you names to spell out the truth. Call it paranoia if you want, but you really underestimate people and you think they are going to drink your "kool-aid" you're dreaming. We know you're a fake and you can justify it all you want, we won't be following your fake propaganda. If we compare your story to my interpretation, I think we can let others decide who's sound more plausable.

The more you write, the more of an illogical user you look, as everyone can see, there is no reasonable reason to be a "bear" when you have no horse in the race except being Wankel and Northmont. Being a bully does nothing for you. You aren't going to intimidate anyone.

Last edited:

xplor

Reaction score
This exactly what I mean, you absolutely fight every single post that is contrary to what you believe and keep hammering on how "right and correct" the judgement is and how everyone in the suit is wrong.

If you read all of my posts, you will note, not once have I discussed the validity of the judgement, I have only questioned your credibility as you are at the other end of the spectrum. As I said before, I have a judgement in my hands that says my friend was in the wrong, he took the timeshare way before anyone knew anything about a renovation fee and he is responsible for it period.

I can tell you are getting frustrated as you have to insult me and everyone else to put yourself on a pedestal making it look like you are the logical person in the room. But you go ahead, I don't need to call you names to spell out the truth. Its too bad that the post Tug removed would plainly explain why I or anyone would call someone an idiot. Call it paranoia if you want, but you really underestimate people and you think they are going to drink your "kool-aid" you're dreaming. We know you're a fake and you can justify it all you want, we won't be following your fake propaganda. Called it whatever you want because you and most of the other kool aide drinkers know its not fate propaganda at all, it called a Supreme Court ruling and that is my sole point. TS owners should understand that there was no merit from the beginning based on the contract everyone signed. If we compare your story to my interpretation, I think we can let others decide who's sound more plausable. Exactly, either believe a lawsuit case that lost terribly, couldn't back up evidence and ill prepared and ended in a total wreck decision 'without merit or to someone who is warning others TS owners who were a part of this to understand 'why' this happened and to read the judgement. I have nothing to gain or loss and made the decision 3 years ago to pay up and carry on and put it behind me. I didn't jump on 'a' bandwagon and turn my concerns over to a guy who thought he knew it all and failed in the end.

The more you write, the more of an illogical user you look, as everyone can see, there is no reasonable reason to be a "bear" when you have no horse in the race except being Wankel and Northmont.
Your right, I have no horse in this race thank God. Its still alive and using it often. This Wankel guy has really rattled you. Was it the lawsuit you had against your friend that he show up for that has you twisted on him. All the best is whatever you decide to do.

Last edited: