• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you receive the "options" letter from Northmount?

I am wondering how many other owners out there never received ANY correspondence from Northmont in regards to the renovation proposal, the option to pay it or the option to pay to leave the resort OR even invoices for delinquent maintenance fees?

We received a court document to pay 12K$ but were never knew about the option to pay the initial fees: we hadn't heard from the resort for 3-4 years.

There must be several others out there that are in a similar situation?

xplor

Reaction score
Those that think they have saved money by paying the Northmont ransom may be in for a surprise. Effectively this court ruling provides Northmont with a blank cheque to use the timeshare owners as their personal money machine for renovating a faulty building complex for their benefit. The buildings were not constructed according to code; buildings that should have had a lifetime of at least 50-60 years are failing after only 15 years. Buildings will continue to fail and Northmont will have free rein to demand renovation money which they will use to upgrade, beautify, and market the complex for timeshare or condominium sale. The TS owners will be at the mercy of unscrupulous resort owners; the TS owners do not have the protection of the courts; and they do not have representation in resort management and financial decisions. Only the naïve or a fool would want to be part of that dismal future.

Judge Fitzpatrick ruled that the litigation group's case was without merit, vague, etc.; that no fundamental breach had occurred. I do wonder how many TS owners would have bought into the complex had they known the buildings were not built according to code; that there were numerous construction shortcuts; that the TS owners would be responsible for correcting deficiencies. My guess would be about ZERO.

Further, how many think it reasonable that you pay, say $16,000, to acquire a timeshare, then when the complex fails because of construction deficiencies, that the Management asks you to pay once again to give the timeshare back. Ridiculous!

This is a decision of big business over the consumer. I was always uneasy that the courts in B.C. would rule against a major B.C. tourist attraction being put at risk of failure and bankruptcy. Instead the courts backstopped some rich investors, owners, and managers from the consequences of inept construction and bad decisions in order to keep the facility alive.

The ruling repeated several times, "If the timeshare owners don't pay, then who does?" My answer would be not the TS owners who bought into the complex in good faith, but the developers, owners, and managers who made these dumb decisions.

The judge tipped her hand on whose side she was on when, without being asked, she awarded costs to Northmont. Does that mean the TS owners are paying Northmont court costs twice - once when Northmont funds their court costs from TS owner's maintenance fees and again with the awarding of costs? Is this a subliminal message from the Judge not to appeal because it will be expensive?

GypsyOne .... I agree, it sucks buying into or something that we later find isn't what we thought. But at the end of the day, we can't return items when we ourselves made the sole choice to buy them as they were and sign contracts that maybe we shouldn't have, but did. I have been so down this road and know the regret is painful with by far more money than 6K, 16K and far higher mentioned here on these pages, because I bet on a dark horse.

As far as Northmont using owners as a bank machine, I don't think so. They can't by any law charge owners more than what the terms of an agreement are. I hate interest and nearly never pay it by paying all my bills before the interest incurs. Many took the gamble to bet on a dark horse that had no case and by doing so, decided to allow the interest to build and compound. If you would have won, bingo, no interest on back payments or any payment. If you lose, its a gamble you took and now responsible for, no matter how we slice it up, there a judgement now and Northmont won. Sucks, but reality.

It is human nature to be vulnerable. To support people who tell us they will slay the dragon or get what we want. We see it at the polls every 4 years. Lot of promises, little or no delivery. I don't know the extent Northmont will go in collecting, but my guess is they are holding the victory and support of the courts. Going to be pretty tough for any judge go against the ruling when they have the delinquent owner in court and the additional cost the owner will have just to pay another lucky lawyer. I am not a lawyer, just an ordinary guy that has learned some tough lessons in the pocket, be very careful listening to chest pounders who will advise against settling up, because it is these same ones that got you all messed into this. In the end, they loss nothing, its you that will pay to continue throwing your hopes behind these guys being the tough, don't pay. Try collecting the needless interest payments off of them and see what they will tell you. They don't care, they just want to rally the troops to fight on the lost fight, don't pay until every owner is financially defeated and the loud mouths have vanished. Take your own path whatever that will be and live with a responsibility of the path you take.

We are all owners. No point beating on each other regardless the choice we made. Belfrey cost so many people a lot of money because he had an illusion that were something there that wasn't there at all and found lots of hopefully followers.

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree Gypsyone, and you raise some good questions. The Judge may have found the case before her "without merit" however, and I may have my numbers wrong, if over 6000 owners have abandoned their investment or even paid to leave how can it be without merit? We own another timeshare and are happy to pay maintenance fees in exchange for a well-managed and comfortable place to holiday. Northmont has/is not acting in the best interest of it's owners.

And is it just me or does the entire tone of the ruling come across that Judge Fitzpatrick seemed annoyed that she even had to sit through the proceedings and that she had made her mind up long before they ended. Was the plaintiff's case really that poorly presented?

Also, the fact that Northmont is using owners funds for litigation purposes is crazy. Why not tap into the millions of dollars they collected from people paying to get out of their lease to fund the costs. What happened to that money? Putting that money back into the resort would have been acting in the best interest of its owners. Putting in their pocket, well enough said where their interests lie.

Stay tuned folks because I am certain this is not over.

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I for one am sceptical about both [Northmont's] skill and especially their intentions.

Last edited by a moderator:

xplor

Reaction score
I agree Gypsyone, and you raise some good questions. The Judge may have found the case before her "without merit" however, and I may have my numbers wrong, if over 6000 owners have abandoned their investment or even paid to leave how can it be without merit? We own another timeshare and are happy to pay maintenance fees in exchange for a well-managed and comfortable place to holiday. Northmont has/is not acting in the best interest of it's owners.

And is it just me or does the entire tone of the ruling come across that Judge Fitzpatrick seemed annoyed that she even had to sit through the proceedings and that she had made her mind up long before they ended. Was the plaintiff's case really that poorly presented?

Also, the fact that Northmont is using owners funds for litigation purposes is crazy. Why not tap into the millions of dollars they collected from people paying to get out of their lease to fund the costs. What happened to that money? Putting that money back into the resort would have been acting in the best interest of its owners. Putting in their pocket, well enough said where their interests lie.

Stay tuned folks because I am certain this is not over.

I do agree she was annoyed because there was no case to support Belfrey, but she gave sounds reasons in every case and admitted the judgement was much longer than normal just to give the facts and case law for the benefit of Belfrey. It is what it is.

Because 1000's people (or whatever) refuse to pay a bill, does that give it 'merit' that it is right or that there is in fact reasonable 'merit' not to pay the bill. She is simply saying she sees no merit (holds no water) in Belfrey's case. If 1000 people jumped off a tall bridge or followed a fool into the sea to drown, does that give it 'merit' as you indicate.

I wasn't aware Northmont is using this money to fund their legal costs on this. Is this a fact or another illusion.

About knowing a lot, just need to read the judgement and be an TS owner. I am a TS owner and should be interested in the outcome. Just because I am fellow TS owner trying to use some common sense of all of this and with what came down which I hope most read, what the future holds for all of us as TS owners getting repairs done, doesn't make me whatever you are attempting to indicate. Of course this should interest every TS owner, shouldn't it or just the ones that threw needless money at Belfrey's lawsuit.

Anxiety123

Reaction score
Xplor ...Final Words

I agree with you that everyone should have sought Legal Council. Well...by contacting and speaking to Geldart we did and we followed that path. Did we make the correct choice, obviously not. ... I have friends that owned and did the same as you and not one time over the past days have they ever had the "I told you" attitude that [has been expressed here]. They are kind people. Are they thankful that they settled, yes do I begrudge them for there position in all this mess, no. We spent many hours reading and re-reading the paperwork with some areas very grey areas which were hard to understand for us... I wanted to have a judge decide if Northmont was in the right to charge the fees and now we know and now we will pay. I will be out about $3000 extra for this adventure. I don't feel happy, am anxious about it but have learned through this, oh have I learned. .... Many folks are older and were scared and just wanted some help so they went in this direction. I am not sure how Northmont will collect off these financially stress people. I will pay my dues and learn from this but many of us come to this sight to get information...

xplor

Reaction score
I agree with you that everyone should have sought Legal Council. Well...by contacting and speaking to Geldart we did and we followed that path. Did we make the correct choice, obviously not. ... I have friends that owned and did the same as you and not one time over the past days have they ever had the "I told you" attitude that [has been expressed here]. They are kind people. Are they thankful that they settled, yes do I begrudge them for there position in all this mess, no. We spent many hours reading and re-reading the paperwork with some areas very grey areas which were hard to understand for us... I wanted to have a judge decide if Northmont was in the right to charge the fees and now we know and now we will pay. I will be out about $3000 extra for this adventure. I don't feel happy, am anxious about it but have learned through this, oh have I learned. .... Many folks are older and were scared and just wanted some help so they went in this direction. I am not sure how Northmont will collect off these financially stress people. I will pay my dues and learn from this but many of us come to this sight to get information... .

Anxiety123 ....... sorry if anything I posted offended you. There was honestly no intent. I admit I have been in the same situation with much more than $3000. and feel for all owners whether they paid, paid to leave or in this group. I have read over my posts and I only have sharp words for Belfrey and his counsel who both should have known better than to convince people to join 'their own fight'. The judgement transcript indicated he had a career in real estate. Both he and his lawyer should have looked past the crappy situation all of us were in and understood there was nothing there (as likely many lawyers advised different owners) to provide hope to all who threw money into this. Most lawyers would not have touched this for that very reason. There are some who love 'class action suits' and can't resist them.

If that is smug to say this should have never happened to begin with, then I am smug. Interestingly I read the judgement, gave 'my opinion' and none who where a part of this illusion has said anything about your absent leader and why this ever occurred.

You and others did what I as well was going to do, so don't beat up on yourself for doing it or on other owners for posting what happened. I feel sick that many as yourself are now in this position. I hope the best for you and all owners and that somehow, something can be worked out.

Anxiety123

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for that and yes we have not heard from Jim in many weeks....I am not thinking that he has any money on the line from some inside information. Interesting.....

I have learned from this ...the hard way and have informed my kids on these types of situations and they too have learned from my mistakes. I hope that Jim and Mr. Geldart were acting in good faith but we will never know and now I am hoping that things can be worked out quickly and I can pay up and move on. Not knowing is also a stress but hopefully in the next week things will become clearer for everyone.

Thanks for letting me have my say........Calmness of the heart is coming...soon I hope.

xplor

Reaction score
Thanks for that and yes we have not heard from Jim in many weeks....I am not thinking that he has any money on the line from some inside information. Interesting.....

I have learned from this ...the hard way and have informed my kids on these types of situations and they too have learned from my mistakes. I hope that Jim and Mr. Geldart were acting in good faith but we will never know and now I am hoping that things can be worked out quickly and I can pay up and move on. Not knowing is also a stress but hopefully in the next week things will become clearer for everyone.

Thanks for letting me have my say........Calmness of the heart is coming...soon I hope.

Of course you can and should have your say and thank you for it. That is what this board is about.

I think Mr Belfrey was 'hopeful' at the best and good intentions. But when we are faced with what we were 3 years ago unexpectedly, it is quite natural to listen to others that we think 'must know' and have a band wagon to hop on,when offered, it is an easy way to deal with it. So no (or limited) fault of those that handed over 'go get'em ' duties and money without completely knowing what they were getting into or if there was a real bulletproof 100% case. More so, invested TS owners should question why Belfrey's lawyer took this on to begin with. Money, inexperience, class action ??? It is a pretty profound judgement and conclusion that there was no merit. Any lawyer should have seen that and advised the client as mine did. Belfrey could have simply got caught up as many of us were looking for an out in the moment and found a lawyer who told him what he wanted to hear and spent lots of time researching this pack up the hours and going to court. I just hope no one is going to be asked for more money from his lawyer since it appeared to drag out.

All the best for a solution for everyone.......

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
.... Yes it did not work out, but that is the risk in any litigation. No lawyer or person can guarantee a judgement. ... People take their chances in any action. ....

MelodyYYC

Reaction score
What's next?

We were just join in the litigation group last week. :bawl::bawl:
We have never received "options" letter from Northmount. I think the majority of the timeshare owners' bill is over 10K, and we couldn't offer it. What should we do moving forward?

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
We contacted our own lawyer when we got notice of Northmont's increasing fees and the choice they gave to either pay up or opt out. Based on our lawyer's advice, we chose the latter course and paid $3,000 to opt out. That was three years ago. Then, a week or so ago, we found out about the court action and wondered if we should/could join. I guess we're lucky we didn't dish out another $750. My sympathies go to those who did try and do something to fight a powerful corporation. It's a tough call in a situation like that. :(

xplor

Reaction score
Anxiety123... you tweeked a wondering I now have... you mentioned you had inside source that Belfrey didn't have any of his own money into this lawsuit which would make it obvious he was for a free ride on everyone else's money. It makes sense to me now why he used his company name in the lawsuit. I have done some checking this afternoon and found that his company is a 'shell company' only. For those who are not aware what a shell company is, it is set up and registered by anyone who wants one and normally has no assets attached to it. People use these to protect themselves from lawsuits, because you can't get money from a company that has none.

Bright idea for Belfrey to use a shell company in this lawsuit with Northmont. He is a smart man to protect himself from TS owners that might come after him. He asked everyone to give his cause money to 'test it in court' for everyone else 'of course'. If it can be proven he was careless and without 'merit' of a chance of winning, collecting money to bet on a trying to win this cause for himself (and others maybe), he could be sued by the TS owners for misrepresenting the merits of that possibility of winning this in court for everyone who paid in to it. In my opinion, maybe rightfully so. If one is going to encourage people to give money to support 'his' shell company in court, not the TS owners group who paid for the legal services, there maybe a good case to be seeking your money back since it failed. But, if its a wisely decided on 'shell company' Mr. Belfrey is well protected. Personally, I believe Belfrey misrepresented the merits of any possibilities of winning to everyone to get your money to support his own shell company, not you. But with your money, his determination that Northmont was wrong somehow and a lawyer who is more than willing, why not give it a try because he loses absolutely nothing doing it and everyone else does.......... He walks away 'having tried', a lawyer had a great financial gig and might try and squeeze more money from all of you and everyone in this is left holding the bag that he told them to hold off paying.

I am not smugging everyone here, trust me, but starting to figure this out as a well planned and maybe if it had any merits to win, a good intention at the most, this was a sneaky scam to get others to pay his fight as Anxiety123 posted. It was only his shell company that would have won if he had the merits to win, not the TS owners, you guys were not included. If he loses and he knew it was a long shot to ever win, it was on your coin not his and he is protected from liability by his empty shell company. Just saying, not beating up or putting down any TS owner here, it makes sense and might be why he hasn't posted anything to all of you. Lets stop being nieve that this isn't the case. When people start using shell companies, red flags should pop up, its for a reason, so they can walk away from liability. Tough lesson on everyone.

Last edited:

xplor

Reaction score
Yes it did not work out, but that is the risk in any litigation. No lawyer or person can guarantee a judgement.

Your right, no lawyer can guarantee a positive judgement, but the lawyers I have dealt with didn't take long to determine there was no merit to case. As was the final judgement. So why couldn't Belfrey's lawyer see this as the others did. I can see you are not happy about being taken in on this Belfrey scam. Sorry you got taken and trusted someone else without doing your homework. The risks as you stated were your own and this is where you ended up taking the risks. ...

ERW

Reaction score
I am not in any position to question the integrity of Northmont, Belfrey or anyone else for that matter. We all may have our suspicions, but none of us truly know the intentions of any of the parties, we can only make educated guesses and assumptions.

The one thing, however, that did jump out at me while reading the decision is that the judge made it very clear that the plaintiff in this case was not prepared at all with evidence to back up their claim. For better or for worse, the legal system looks at evidence and evidence only. The moral and ethical implications can only be considered if there is sufficient evidence to back the legal consideration up. That is, unfortunately, the situation everyone has to deal with.

xplor

Reaction score
We were just join in the litigation group last week. :bawl::bawl:
We have never received "options" letter from Northmount. I think the majority of the timeshare owners' bill is over 10K, and we couldn't offer it. What should we do moving forward?

Demand your money back from the lawyer. He shouldn't have taken you on so late after the trial was over. For this reason, he no doubt knew the outcome was not going to be favorable after it completed. If he doesn't return it, get in touch with the law society of BC. That is so wrong.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your right, no lawyer can guarantee a positive judgement, but the lawyers I have dealt with didn't take long to determine there was no merit to case. As was the final judgement. So why couldn't Belfrey's lawyer see this as the others did. I can see you are not happy about being taken in on this Belfrey scam. Sorry you got taken and trusted someone else without doing your homework. The risks as you stated were your own and this is where you ended up taking the risks.

Lawyers have argued obtuse points and won, anything can happen at any time. No one has a crystal bal. ... Actually you are quite incorrect that I am unhappy as I have not complained once about the money I put out or any regret in joining...

... The lawyer was hired to do a job to the best of his ability and he did what he was supposed to. Did he do a great job ? Hard to say as we weren't there, but he did do work on behalf of many people and spent hours preparing the case. People are paying for his time.

... :crash:

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Again, I am not upset at the process, it is what it is.

It doesn't matter whether the other timeshare owners are interested this case or not, people are here on the users group to share information and support each other when they are wondering what they should do, what others have done, etc.

Not every post will be about a good event - many post they have made a mistake in buying from a develop or can't afford it anymore, asking for help vs you coming on the board criticizing people for taking a chance in what they believe is an injustice.

No one is disputing what the result is or what the judge says...

Let me explain ... in simple English "I paid for a service - a lawyer's time and efforts to challenge the actions of the resort and that is what I got". In all cases there are two sides and two lawyers, so the losing side should always ask for a refund from their lawyer and it's the lawyer's fault ? Just as a doctor can't save every patient, you are paying for his time and efforts, results are not guaranteed...

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
QM, I have no regrets either. I was never given the option of paying the Reno fee or paying to leave the resort so when someone showed up at my door with 12k$ claim I made the decision to join the group. Nobody coerced me and nobody promised anything.

Complaints can continue to be filed with Service Alberta and Consumer Protection BC. I know that they are also interested in hearing from people who paid extra $$$ to upgrade and felt that they were mislead. If you haven't filed in the past, do so now.

GypsyOne

Reaction score

Here are some of my observations about the case:

1. Those that joined the litigation group did so with eyes open, without coercion or false promises from anyone, including Jim Belfry or our lead law firm. Jim Belfry has contributed countless time and his own money to putting together the litigation group, researching the case, assisting our legal team with preparation, and testifying in court on behalf of the TS owners.

2. So far, the cost of joining the litigation group has been extremely reasonable - about the cost of, say, a decent recreational week-end - maybe taking the kids to an NHL hockey game. Not bad for having the legal services of two law firms in two court cases, one appeal, regular progress reports, and legal counsel and representation in collection activity.

3. So far, those in the litigation group are the only ones who have not lost money, with the exception of the cost of legal representation. Those who paid the cancellation extortion fee immediately lost thousands of dollars; those who paid the re-construction ransom lost thousands in the special assessment plus on-going maintenance fees. This latter group may be the biggest losers because they are locked into a partnership with people of questionable intent for the balance of their 40-year lease (or perpetuity for those who converted), who will not hesitate to assess further re-construction costs in a poorly constructed and rapidly deteriorating complex. For example, in year 38 these TS owners could be assessed say $5,000 for additional re-construction, but have only two years of benefits remaining. The owners/developers, however, have a considerably value enhanced complex. And the courts have ruled you have to pay. Rational people do not want to be part of that institutionalized scam.

4. Will we end up eventually paying more? Maybe, but the case is not over. Remember we lost the first Special Case, but won on appeal. The Judge Fitzpatrick ruling sounds very much like the Justice Loo ruling which we won on appeal. Will this ruling be appealed? I don't know, we'll have to let it play out. Maybe we'll find out how strong are Canadian Consumer Protection laws.

5. Me personally, I was quite aware accepting the cancellation extortion fee may have been the simplest and cheapest course to take. But, I was not prepared to roll over and be willingly played for a sucker. Sometimes you have to fight and pay to defend your principles and values.

6. ... I have been a passenger on this planet for some time and can afford the hit if there is one. ...

xplor

Reaction score
XPLOR, I for one am getting very tired of your non-sensical, ill-informed, and mean-spirited ramblings. You seem to be looking to manufacture a vendetta out of nothing. Here are some of my observations about the case:

1. Those that joined the litigation group did so with eyes open, without coercion or false promises from anyone, including Jim Belfry or our lead law firm. Jim Belfry has contributed countless time and his own money to putting together the litigation group, researching the case, assisting our legal team with preparation, and testifying in court on behalf of the TS owners.

2. So far, the cost of joining the litigation group has been extremely reasonable - about the cost of, say, a decent recreational week-end - maybe taking the kids to an NHL hockey game. Not bad for having the legal services of two law firms in two court cases, one appeal, regular progress reports, and legal counsel and representation in collection activity.

3. So far, those in the litigation group are the only ones who have not lost money, with the exception of the cost of legal representation. Those who paid the cancellation extortion fee immediately lost thousands of dollars; those who paid the re-construction ransom lost thousands in the special assessment plus on-going maintenance fees. This latter group may be the biggest losers because they are locked into a partnership with people of questionable intent for the balance of their 40-year lease (or perpetuity for those who converted), who will not hesitate to assess further re-construction costs in a poorly constructed and rapidly deteriorating complex. For example, in year 38 these TS owners could be assessed say $5,000 for additional re-construction, but have only two years of benefits remaining. The owners/developers, however, have a considerably value enhanced complex. And the courts have ruled you have to pay. Rational people do not want to be part of that institutionalized scam.

4. Will we end up eventually paying more? Maybe, but the case is not over. Remember we lost the first Special Case, but won on appeal. The Judge Fitzpatrick ruling sounds very much like the Justice Loo ruling which we won on appeal. Will this ruling be appealed? I don't know, we'll have to let it play out. Maybe we'll find out how strong are Canadian Consumer Protection laws.

5. Me personally, I was quite aware accepting the cancellation extortion fee may have been the simplest and cheapest course to take. But, I was not prepared to roll over and be willingly played for a sucker. Sometimes you have to fight and pay to defend your principles and values.

6. XPLOR, I have been a passenger on this planet for some time and can afford the hit if there is one. I don't need ill-informed financial or legal advise from a self-appointed keyboard lawyer.

It was all a choice of the owner. Got it. Extortion ..... don't think so. I am a co owner with other TS owners. If our building are falling apart for whatever reason, I also co own the repair bill. I can't walk away from my contract anymore than I can walk away from my car lease, rental lease or any other binding contract. Different people obviously seen this differently. I, as mentioned took my and a few other contracts in to my business lawyer and you know the results. otherwise I too could have been in this group. But I and many others didn't see this as an extortion but a responsibility as rotten as it was at the time. I didn't join because I got my wondering issue settled and dealt with it. We only have maybe 15/16 years left on the contract. As the judge stated, if the owners don't pay the repairs, who does. If I the owner of my home don't pay the repairs, who does. Nobody else.

I read the judgement and posted my opinions. Whether they are seen as supportive, negative, positive or whatever, its what who ever what to make of them, but they are my opinions based on what I read in the judgement. I know there are some wishing they were no involved with this now in retrospect but it was the risk they accepted. Others have posted they accepted the risk. This board is for everyone to use, not just the supporters of the Belfrey group. As I haven't agreed with everything you posted above, I accept you will not agree with everything I post. That seems fair and a normal for most people. There are different opinions.

I encourage all owners to read for themselves the judgement and try to understand, there was no merit to it to begin with as many lawyers have indicated to their clients. One can read how the judge commented how ill prepared they were in presenting their case, that they couldn't back up their evidence and what stuck me mostly is the patience the judge took giving Belfrey every opportunity to spill his case. She took longer than normal and provided a longer judgement for the benefit of Belfrey because he really had no case and she wanted him to fully understand it. I then ask myself, why did this action start to begin with if lawyers and finally the judge deem there is no merit to the case at all. Secondly, rightfully or otherwise, I really feel sorry for those that were give a false hope right from the start and wonder, how did that happen. I was there and pissed off as well, so I know the feeling people were having and lots of talk about class action. Before throwing money into a class action I wanted to know for myself and the few others, is there a chance. So I know Belfrey's wagon was circling around, gathering pissed off owners that wanted someone else to look after their issue. Then I question, should this have happened. I guess so. We are all adults and do whatever we want. Just for me, I wish Belfrey got better advice and advise others. Not provide a false hope. Now, where does everyone holding the bag go, what do they do.

Not a keyboard lawyer, but a fellow TS owner who isn't sitting back and being smug by saying nothing, but trying to help other TS owners who now are faced with this ruling and apparent collections.

Do I have distain for people like Belfrey and 2X maniac, you bet, because they are either in hiding or loud mouthing anyone that is trying to make sense of what the heck happened and encouraging all to read the judgement to get to know Belfrey through it.

This board is open to everyone to post, agree or disagree, ones choice. When 2X maniac starts the name calling and insults, they will return to him, like Karma.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Mods are going to shut this down i- IF

Since this is in the Canadian TS forum I assume most of the recent " cat fighting " is being done by Western Canadian owners .

Try not to give the rest of us Canadians a bad rep for trash talking - please .

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since this is in the Canadian TS forum I assume most of the recent " cat fighting " is being done by Western Canadian owners .

Try not to give the rest of us Canadians a bad rep for trash talking - please .

Trash talking is better than calling in the army for a snow storm!;) Try not to give Western Canadians a bad name...:rofl:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel for all owners as it is going to get worse before it gets better. With the large amount of owners that won't/can't pay the assessment fee, I think Northwnyd is going to come around for a second wallet grab to keep their money flowing to shareholders that got the shaft from the Fairmont days.

I wish all owners the best moving forward.

xplor

Reaction score
I feel for all owners as it is going to get worse before it gets better. With the large amount of owners that won't/can't pay the assessment fee, I think Northwnyd is going to come around for a second wallet grab to keep their money flowing to shareholders that got the shaft from the Fairmont days.

I wish all owners the best moving forward.

Really hoping some deal can be worked out for everyone and hope the very best conclusion.