• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] White Sands Waikiki Resort Club

Blackwhat

Reaction score
Read my previous postings

Please see and review my previous postings regarding WhiteSands assessment.
This new addition now includes ref to the Orlando Sentinel. Contact has been made with hopes of establishing a route of communication which has not been available to date since Celebrity appears to not respond to members. From what I can determine a Carly Powell seems
to have been authorized to respond to the newspaper. Be careful as proper authority is required in some cases to publish addresses. ???

Blackwhat

Reaction score
RICO address

In filing a complaint please be sure to include correct zip code
and the correct mailing address. Errors persist!

qaRuss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Avenue For Complaint?

Trying to come up with some way of forcing Celebrity to respond to our concern and it dawned on me Celebtrity is likely a member of ARDA.
I have searched the ARDA page and yes, there they are, a member in good standing.
ARDA has a code of ethics and a means by which to file complaint.
Site is ARDA.org
Complaint forms available through MPatatore@arda.org
I have requested complaint forms this evening.
I am suggesting those visiting this thread bombard ARDA with requests for complaint forms.
As TS owners you are funding ARDA. Maybe they can help resolve this.
Russ

Blackwhat

Reaction score
email address MPatatore incorrect

The email address in your message Russ comes back as unknown. Is there an error with the address in your message.
I have looked at the Code of Ethics of Arda an if nothing else it pretty much covers financial praactices. and service to owners and guests. Great reference.
Blackwhat

Blackwhat

Reaction score
complaint to FTC

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Then click on Complaint form at upper right side of page.

The FTC Bureau collects complaints and they have a form by which you can file a complaint on-line on their web site.
Everyone should give it a try.

If problem locating useing above address do a search for "FTC" and there is a link about the third paragraph down that refers to "collects complaints".
I filed my complaint today against Celebrity and got a ref #.
Blackwhat

Last edited:

Blackwhat

Reaction score
GDawson Orlando Sentinel

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Then click on Complaint form at upper right side of page.

The FTC Bureau collects complaints and they have a form by which you can file a complaint on-line on their web site.
Everyone should give it a try.

If problem locating useing above address do a search for "FTC" and there is a link about the third paragraph down that refers to "collects complaints".
I filed my complaint today against Celebrity and got a ref #.
Blackwhat

Another contact that everyone should write to is GDawson@orlandosentinel.com
He is very interested in consumer affairs and has contacted Celebrity on our behalf.

qaRuss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correction on ARDA email contact

Sorry but mistyped the contact for Arda complaint form.
Contact is MParatore@arda.org and not as previously listed.
Should have taken typing way back in High School!
I did send to correct email yesterday. As of this evening not acknowledged and no complaint form received.
Russ

lsk

Reaction score
lsk

I just sent a complaint to the FTC online. It's very easy and fast. I don't know if it will do any good or not but the more of us who complain the better. I mailed my letter to Celebrity last week saying that I am not paying and why. If any of you get a reply please let the rest of us know.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
...If any of you get a reply please let the rest of us know.

Based on what I think will be an extremely low payment rate, I'd suspect the next communication will be from WS to all owners, with updated information. I'd be surprised if they handle each owner separately.

Jeff

Blackwhat

Reaction score
ARDA a Resort Association

I am gathering up some info such as letters sent to and budget billings received regarding Celebrity and White Sands to ARDA.
ARDA is the org mentioned in one of gaRuss messages.
It is a organization Celebrity belongs to and they have certain ethical requirements for its members regarding owners.
I have tried reaching them via E-Mail but have not received a respsonse.
Their address: ARDA
1201 15th St. NW Suite 400
Washington D.C. 20005-2842
Please drop them a note.
Blackwhat

Blackwhat

Reaction score
letter to GDawson

I have sent an e-mail to GDawson of the Orlando Sentinal; here is a copy for those familiar with Carly Powells reply to him.

Mr. Dawson,
I have not heard anything from Carly Powell.
However I did think of something that I thought should be mentioned in regard to Ms Powell's e-mail statement to you.
In the last paragraph she discusses the use of other accommodations within the Celebrity system for members in good standing should the resort close prematurely. Why wasn't this commitment made to the membership in the billing letter or otherwise. The remarks she made were new to me.
Not that I believe any member would be interested in spending $1470 plus air fare for a week at the White Sands Waikiki. Thank you for your interest,
John Blackwhat

Blackwhat

Reaction score
notice of disputing bill

I just noticed on the back of the special assessment bill that they want correspondance disputing a bill to go to an address in Scottsdale, Az..
This out fit has got a different address for everything and none of them seem to work. What a joke. However it might pay to send it to Scottsdale.
Black mail--Sorry I meant Blackwhat.

Blackwhat

Reaction score
Are we a right to use timeshare or a condo combination.

My original disclosure statement from White Sands specifically states we are not a condominium.
Now we find there is a proxy statement for Assoc.Members White Sands Waikiki dated Feb. 2009 regarding condominiums and deeds.
My original contract also states we will not have an association but that the developer will handle the management.
My question is: what happpened to our original agreement and are we being taken for a ride. Madoff comes to mind.
Blackmail-- sorry again, I meant Blackwhat

Blackwhat

Reaction score
timeshare vs condominium fees

I do not know why the Association White Sands should not explain the difference in annual fees between condo owners and right to use owners. Please e-mail your request for clarification to:
carly or Ann Thompson. If you need address let me know.
I received a reply from Ann Thompson after my 3rd request stateing I would get a response in seven or ten days regarding a request for the by laws. She did manage to extend the date beyond the due date for the S/a. after which I would have to junp thru a hoop to get anything.

Blackwhat

Blackwhat

Reaction score
Celebrity called

Celebrity called about 1:15 PM Calif time. The gal asked me to call regarding the special assessment but then talked so fast I could not get the phone number she requested I call.
If you get a similar call please post the phone number.
Thanks Blackwhat

rachel1998

Reaction score
800-588-2680. I did not speak to anyone I hung up. That was the number recorded on my cell phone. Let us know what you find out.

lsk

Reaction score
white sands

I just got an automted call from Celebrity too asking to call an 800#. I am not going to call, they can send something in the mail just like I did with my letter! Let me know if anyone does talk to them.

Thanks!

DK09

Reaction score
phone call

if anyone hangs on long enough to get to talk to someone let the rest of us know ASAP so we can be prepared.

Blackwhat

Reaction score
celebrity phone number

I received the phone # to call. 800 588 2680.
I called a few times and after several options and then waiting for further assistance while listening to some gal repeat "we appreciate your patience" a zillion times I gave up. I will try again later. They must be extremely busy.
I did call 800 423 8604 and talked to Dolores and she told me she thought that they wanted to remind me that the due date for the special asessment had past.
I have to wonder how many members have actually paid out of the three thousand or so memberships besides the developers. LOts of phone calls I am guessing.
Blackwhat

Blackwhat

Reaction score
re;800 588 2680

I found out from Ann Thompson that this is the phone # of the Financial Services Dept.
I called early this AM and got thru right away. The gal named Sonja asked me if I was calling about the SA and I indicated I was concerned about the over all budget and had written to several offices requesting info and never received a reply. She said that she was there to answer my questions. I told her I preferred the answers in writing and hung up. So much for that.
Blackwhat

DK09

Reaction score
response

I found out from Ann Thompson that this is the phone # of the Financial Services Dept.
I called early this AM and got thru right away. The gal named Sonja asked me if I was calling about the SA and I indicated I was concerned about the over all budget and had written to several offices requesting info and never received a reply. She said that she was there to answer my questions. I told her I preferred the answers in writing and hung up. So much for that.
Blackwhat

Great response. If they call me, I will give them the same.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might be useful to get the their answers over the phone, then say, "Can you confirm that in writing?" It would be curious to hear what their non-official answers are, since I have some doubts if they'll put much in writing.

Jeff

rickandjenn

Reaction score
Like all of you, this special assessment infuriates me. I am very frustrated and a little mad at myself for being suckered in by Prefered Equities.

I have written to Celebrity Resorts, the BBB for FL and HI, and the AG for FL and HI. No real response from anyone yet...

I also posted on Celebrity Resorts "contact us" form. I stated that in reviewing my contract from PE's, there is not provision for a special assessment and increases to the annual assessment are only allowed if the property financials have been managed prudently. Since they amditted that they failed to do their due diligence when the purchased the bankrupt block of business, prudent does not seem to apply here.

In addition, the contract states that written complaints will be acknowledged in writing within 20 business days of receipt. As of today, they have not responded to my initial letter and so technically are in default on the contract. The provision goes on to state that the formal response must be provided within 60 business days and during that time, the company is not allowed to report any negative information to any consumer reporting agency.

This did generate a response from Cookie Bodison, who was forwarding my communication to the "research" department. Supposedly, I will receive some type of response in 7-10 days.

Interestingly enough, I have not received any calls regarding the SA not being paid, but I am probably toward the end of their very long list of people to call...

:wall:

Blackwhat

Reaction score
Rick andjenn answer

Thanks to Rickandjenn By accident I have come across the perfect question. rickand jenn's message somehow made me think. If we are all subject to the expenses of those in default then wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that if everyone else was in default I alone would be responsible for the debt and obligations of the entire 4000 plus member association. Can anyone believe that a responible individual would have delighted in buying into such a deal. Is this association for real? Is the Celebrity VP Mr Lewis for real? Please pass this and Ricks message on.
Blackwhat