• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] SVO eBay Sales

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
B4 has both IV and OV - the OVs are the ones overlooking the public beach )over the parking lot)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
catching up...

WMH 2Bd LO - Silver - $150 (4/9/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180342904648
{dodgy eBay seller - I believe this is a relist}

WSJ -1Bd - week 26 - $7550 (4/15/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300307097082
{I believe I have seen this one before}

WMH 2Bd - Plat - $6100 (4/16/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300306799048

Posted to sticky - THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a bit of SDO weeks on eBay - make sure you look at the current eBay sales link on Owner Resourses sticky - and maybe check other search terms not captured.

I don't see any SDO sales within the last year listed on the sticky.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As I wrote a while ago - I am only tracking WKV, WSJ, WKORV/N (and a few others on occausion) for my own interest - right now the listings have dropped (as normal) relatively. I am interested really over-time sales and not short term. If anyone else wants to contribute feel free.

I am not looking unless I can find a 1Bd WKV (P/P) for a killer bargain (purely for renting or future use...), but should broaden my search since nodge found one a while back that was listed poorly.

The completed and ongoing eBay sales that is listed in the Owner Resources shows most of the SVO sales (unless seller lists incorrectly - which are often the best deals) but you have to click on and go to eBay (the search terms are set). The completed only go back 30 days. Lots of sales on WMH, SDO, SVV, and SVR - some very cheap.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Just to clarify David's post - everything that is in the ebay list in Owner Resources gets pulled from this thread and David is the biggest producer. (Thanks Dave!!!) :D If you like to search ebay, feel free to post your SW finds here. Please see this post for the preferred format.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKV 1Bd Prem/Gold (44K SO) - $2160 (5/4/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180351344794

wow-o-wow....
seller eBay=0
no SOs listed
somewhat confusing ad (e.g. discussed 2Bd)
sounded like they wanted payment to them (no PayPal?) - eventhough seller responded that they use a respectable Title Co. - but why not state that?

? auction stated MFs paid for 2009 - usage available in 2009 - not stated in auction was if this was to be reimbursed? if not - what a deal!

winner likely 'sniped' at end - how do I know...? I put a bid in with 5 sec to go at $1803 - it was at $1575 - with immediate multiple bids. I was okay with ending up with it for that price - and since an eBay TS auction is not a contract to buy... (which I would have if auction was on the up&up (eBay seller=0) Still... what a great price.

Be careful seller (and buying) on eBay - do not do yourself a disservice in making eBay seller auction mistakes if you ever plan on selling on eBay. If I had time - I would write a thread on this for SVO TSs is I had time (someday?) If you cannot do this correctly - get a good broker (in Scottsdale - SmartChoice does a great job since they are located there - NOT to say there are not others that would do fine -I would use SC for TSs located there... IMO only YMMV) and sell cheap (in this case - they still would have made more - most likely - even with the broker comission).

sorry - trying to be careful what I say here... since seller/buyer beware... YMMV - all of the above is open for argument and IMO IMO IMO

added: btw - I used the eBay sales thread to look at many eBay prices for WKV to place a bid - I knew I underbid by alot, but you never know...

Last edited:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Looks like it was removed or cancelled? What's the next chapter in the story?

DM - based on this - do not put this WKV sale in the stickie... tx

Interesting - I have seen this for ongoing auctions, but never for a completed auction - maybe they decided to bail since this VOI went pretty cheaply - or they were frauds (see thread on main buying page on TUG about the name choice of their TS company...)
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97039

As often stated here - be careful when buying on eBay - or believing every auction is correct and finalized - DO NOT send money directly to seller - only to a reputable Title Co - otherwise - bail... {also true for non-eBay sales...}

I see many auctions that are completed - only to have an identical VOI show up again.

That was my plan if my bid was successful (no $ directly to seller...).

Last edited:

catlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've been tracking Sheraton Desert Oasis SDO for the last few weeks and have these to add if it's any use to anyone!

SDO 1 bed deluxe Annual starts 2010 (1-21, 50-52) - $721.00 (5/12/09)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120415807072

SDo 1 bed deluxe EOY even starts 2010 1-52 floating - $511.00 (5/12/09)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250418857531

SDO 1bed standard EOY odd starting 09 1-52 floating- $99.00 (5/13/09)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250419451496

SDO 1bed Deluxe EOY even starting 2010 1-52 floating- $425.00 (5/13/09)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350198527549

Where are all the 2 beds? :D

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.