• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] SVO eBay Sales

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
It's not really a problem, when I move them they will parse automatically.

Redrosesix

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not really a problem, when I move them they will parse automatically.

Thanks Denise -- I do have the box checked, but they're still not parsing. I'll keep adding to the list. BTW, have you noticed that there haven't been any Fountains weeks since May (figures, it's the one I'm looking for). Any thoughts on why that might be?

SVR Falls 2Bd Wk.45 - $1.00 (0 bids, MF's and use begin 2010) - (07/28/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/SHERATON-VISTANA-Disney-5-STAR-2-BR-Orlando-TIMESHARE_W0QQitemZ110417059441QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTimeshares?hash=item19b55e9e71&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

SVR Spas 2 Bd Wk.49 - $1.00 (0 bid, MF's and use begin 2009) - (07/28/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/2BR-DISNEY-Sheraton-Vistana-5-STAR-Red-Week-TIMESHARE_W0QQitemZ200366226118QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTimeshares?hash=item2ea6c1fac6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I can't believe that this went for $5K!

Wow! A new low. An unbelievable low. At this price, it may be worth paying more MFs and dealing with special assessments, etc. Somehow I think this is an anomaly.

BTW, did you notice that the image the seller used was for the Deluxe units?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - I listed it as a Deluxe unit in my post, but I'm not sure if it is or not. They listed it as UNIT SIZE: 1,550 Square Feet, which is deluxe, but I am sure the MF was off. The phrase "ocean view possible," also hints at a deluxe unit.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ken! Are you watching WKORV auctions? ;)

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken! Are you watching WKORV auctions? ;)

LOL - no. I am definitely not in the market for more weeks. I'm scheduling a trip to Africa for next year and it's going to be difficult to use the weeks I have already, much less all the SPG points I try to use each year. I think I have the optimal number of weeks for me, though depending on how the II trading ends up I may give away my SVR weeks and get something else.

I do have friends who are considering a purchase so look around now and then (they're not in a rush)... but even they aren't serious about Maui. I'm just as amazed at the prices as you are. I would normally think they would be lower in November and December, but I just don't see how they could be much less than than are now. I'm hoping these are simply signs of the times and are the exceptions.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
it's going to be difficult to use the weeks I have already, much less all the SPG points I try to use each year.

I'm so sorry for your troubles... Just remember that unpaid TUG Mod's accept tips.... :D

apples23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ebay

Strange thing about the WKORV 1 bdrm auction is that the seller lists it as an annual, then states near the bottom that it's an even year usage....but is asking for 2009 mf?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Strange thing about the WKORV 1 bdrm auction is that the seller lists it as an annual, then states near the bottom that it's an even year usage....but is asking for 2009 mf?

There are MF every year, for an every other year deed. 1/2 the MF is paid in 2009 and half is paid in 2010, and the total pays for the 2010 usage.

This is what the Ad says:

Bi-Annual Deeded Property, Does not Expires
Bi-Annual Even Year Usage WEEKS: 1-52(Floating); - Friday, Saturday, Sunday Check-In/Out
An Interval International Affiliated Resort
Maintenance Fees to be Paid Annually are $946.51
Usage starts 2010. A guest reservation can be made for you at auction's end to ensure 2010 usage.

Last edited:

apples23

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV Ebay

There are MF every year, for an every other year deed. 1/2 the MF is paid in 2009 and half is paid in 2010, and the total pays for the 2010 usage.

This is what the Ad says:

Bi-Annual Deeded Property, Does not Expires
Bi-Annual Even Year Usage WEEKS: 1-52(Floating); - Friday, Saturday, Sunday Check-In/Out
An Interval International Affiliated Resort
Maintenance Fees to be Paid Annually are $946.51
Usage starts 2010. A guest reservation can be made for you at auction's end to ensure 2010 usage.

The 1 bdrm listing stated an annual fee of $1684 for an EOY unit (even year), with the first mf due for 2009.

I just emailed the seller and they corrected the listing. It is in fact an annual usage. The seller also agreed to bank the 09 week and give me first usage in 2010 if I purchase it. I might bite here. I've wanted a WKORV from the beginning here, and $6700 for an annual 1 bdrm seems like a steal...especially if I dont have to pay the MF this side of the year.

My hesitation is this new tax assessment. Does anyone know what the fee increase will be on the 1 bdrm units? Its at $1684 now...is that inclusive?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 1 bdrm listing stated an annual fee of $1684 for an EOY unit (even year), with the first mf due for 2009.

I'm sorry - I thought you were talking about my original post.

My hesitation is this new tax assessment. Does anyone know what the fee increase will be on the 1 bdrm units? Its at $1684 now...is that inclusive?

No one know - the quoted MF would have been from last year. The 2010 MF bills won't be out until Nov. - Dec. I would expect the MF to go up 10% or more + the tax increase of $200 or more.

apples23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes...I could be look at an annual fee of $2000 ish on a 1 bdrm?

I just did the buy it now on the auction at $6700...first question is whether or not this is a good price given the current situation with the resort?

Im definitely having 2nd thoughts on this one.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Yikes...I could be look at an annual fee of $2000 ish on a 1 bdrm?

I just did the buy it now on the auction at $6700...first question is whether or not this is a good price given the current situation with the resort?

Im definitely having 2nd thoughts on this one.

Is it really an Ocean View unit, or IV? I don't like that it said "possible ocean view" in the description.

Either way, I have to think that $6798 is a great price for a 1 bed unit there. And yeah... the MF is expensive. And, it will only go up.

Keep in mind that t/s sales on eBay aren't binding (though I don't know if that's also true with buy it now purchases). Good luck with your decision.

apples23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not binding....there was a little msg when I hit the buy it now button saying that it's not binding, and that it just means that im interested in exploring a deal.

Ill call SVO re: the view....and IV would kill it for me.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its not binding....there was a little msg when I hit the buy it now button saying that it's not binding, and that it just means that im interested in exploring a deal.

Ill call SVO re: the view....and IV would kill it for me.

Do you have the deeded unit number? (I'm curious about what you are going to ask SVO?)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cant Starwood tell me if its OV or IV if I give them the contract #?

I don't know if they will - the contract info. is confidential owner info. If you have the deeded unit number, they should. Did the seller send you their contract number?

apples23

TUG Member
Reaction score
The broker provided me with the contract #, and SVO verified that it is an Oceanview unit and that there are no owning balances on the unit.

Still on the fence whether to move forward...$6700 really seems like a no brainer price...but that annual fee with the possible assessment is really making me flinch.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
not intended to be nit-picky - but this thread was intended for closed eBay auctions... (due to the potential of violating TUG advertising rules)

keeping in mind - just because they closed does not mean they were successfully completed.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is this one that can be requalified for $148K Staroptions?

No and it was sold by Redweeks4less. Not a company with a stellar reputation.