• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] SVO eBay Sales

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Is this one that can be requalified for $148K Staroptions?

At SDO, only the weeks deed Plat can be requalified for 148K SO's.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very tempting indeed.

Boy this was a dandy. Just a little too much talk about the high taxes in Maui. :(

WKORV annual 2BR (standard) Oceanview for $18,500.

Getting close to Kierland prices.

Last edited:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Boy this was a dandy. Just a little too much talk about the high taxes in Maui. :(

WKORV annual 2BR (standard) Oceanview for $18,500.

Getting close to Kierland prices.

This is the lowest I've seen for WKORV. The DH wanted to get this one real bad (like we need another one!!! :annoyed: ) and I had to tell him to back away from the keyboard. Very emphatically.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Speaking of WKV, here is one that just closed on eBay yesterday, and is the lowest price I have ever seen at $15,100. Platinum 2br LO...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140350686694&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

Katherine

Yeah, but the seller was redweek4less. That, and its not-so-lofty eBay feedback rating of 94.7% (including 2 negatives out of 24 transactions within the past month), might have been enough to scare away even non-Tuggers.

eBay has a new seller rating or certificate: "Top Rated Seller", complete with medal and ribbons posted next to the sellers' name on listings. How eBay could permit a system that would permit a seller with a 94.7% feedback rating to display any type of commendation is a bit scary.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the seller was redweek4less. That, and its not-so-lofty eBay feedback rating of 94.7% (including 2 negatives out of 24 transactions within the past month), might have been enough to scare away even non-Tuggers.

eBay has a new seller rating or certificate: "Top Rated Seller", complete with medal and ribbons posted next to the sellers' name on listings. How eBay could permit a system that would permit a seller with a 94.7% feedback rating to display any type of commendation is a bit scary.

I purchased 3 of my resale weeks from redweek4less with absolutely no problems. Many of the TS sellers don't have perfect feedback. Not saying to ignore feedback, but I don't think you can attribute a $5000 price drop to a feedback of 95%.

Katherine

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about Harborside Atlantis (2BR Annual - Wk 8 - 148,100 Staroptions) that sold for $12,988 on eBay yesterday!! :eek: These prices are unbelievable.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
How about Harborside Atlantis (2BR Annual - Wk 8 - 148,100 Staroptions) that sold for $12,988 on eBay yesterday!! :eek: These prices are unbelievable.

Interestingly there is a July 4 Gold week (only 95,700 SO) currently getting bid higher (item 280399080053) but seller has a reserve price. Unlike SVV and WKV where season (i.e., number of StarOptions) mostly determine difference in sales prices between units at the same resort, it looks like the actual week here does have some value.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been watching that one, too. A summer week at Atlantis is hard to get into - that fixed week is an awesome family week. I'm not surprised to see a lot of bidding on it.

Even with high MF's, I still think that winter week was a great buy! I hope a TUGger got it.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been watching that one, too. A summer week at Atlantis is hard to get into - that fixed week is an awesome family week. I'm not surprised to see a lot of bidding on it.

Even with high MF's, I still think that winter week was a great buy! I hope a TUGger got it.

A two bedroom in July is next to impossible to get a SVN trade. I have tried every year since becoming an owner. Calling at 8 months out, then wait listing....nada.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
The seller states the option of fixed or floating. Is that true?

I believe that HRA weeks can either be used as a fixed week, or float within their season, but it can be difficult to reserve a different week.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly there is a July 4 Gold week (only 95,700 SO) currently getting bid higher (item 280399080053) but seller has a reserve price. Unlike SVV and WKV where season (i.e., number of StarOptions) mostly determine difference in sales prices between units at the same resort, it looks like the actual week here does have some value.

With the Harborside Resort and the intricacies of the phase I units (all fixed/float) there is definitely a relationship between sales price and the actual week number (from my experience)

Knowing that it is difficult to change your week in the same season (phase I) and you wanted to travel in mid-July would you purchase a week 20? Lets put it this way, if I knew your travel needs (which I always ask), I would not sell you the week 20 on the pretense that you would try to float the week into mid-summer.

Phase II is a different animal and is sold mostly as float.

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow, I was watching this one for my mother last night (who i'm trying to convince to buy a timeshare).....I know it's only a 1BR and in the older section, but it's platinum season....seriously, 1 bid, $97 for a SBP? what am I missing here? I almost bought it just because.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370271938935&_trkparms=tab=Watching

SBP is a great resort but I don't think the 1 bedrooms are a popular choice. It is a real family resort, lots of parents and/or grandparents and children so the 2 bedroom units are much more popular for owners and renters.

Ann

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
wow, I was watching this one for my mother last night (who i'm trying to convince to buy a timeshare).....I know it's only a 1BR and in the older section, but it's platinum season....seriously, 1 bid, $97 for a SBP? what am I missing here? I almost bought it just because.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370271938935&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

There was nothing wrong with the deal: good development, platinum season, great trader, reasonable MF's, honest seller, great price.

If your mom only needs a one bedroom, it was a fine deal, but only if your mom understands and really wants a timeshare.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with the deal: good development, platinum season, great trader, reasonable MF's, honest seller, great price.

If your mom only needs a one bedroom, it was a fine deal, but only if your mom understands and really wants a timeshare.

yeah, she understands, and is in the market....we're in the SVN system and will now be trading into SBP for the 2nd year in a row, so she's thinking she'd use it when we're there to go on vaca w/ her grandkids (my children) and it'd be a good trader for her when she decided to go elsewhere. her youngest (my sister) is graduating HS this yr and so they won't be tied to the school schedule any longer, therefore a TS makes as much sense now as ever. plus w/ the depressed prices in this market.....

I think they'd be very satisfied w/ something in the starwood system, even relying on the II pref to trade and not getting so's.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Westin Princeville (WPORV) annual OV sold for $13,300

eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180419139043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Seller was somewhat confused; the ad states that StarOptions will transfer (he quoted "Starwood supervisors" who told him it was "mandatory"; he also said other supervisors told him it was "voluntary", so he knew the lingo).

Otherwise the ad was well constructed. The seller had 100% positive feedback.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
to clarify - it was a successful eBay auction - whether it will actually complete the sale is another question.

WPORV is Voluntary
SVO has a ROFR for WPORV