• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] SVO eBay Sales

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Don't know if I'm posting this correctly, but I completed a Ebay sale on 2/13/09 for the above listed unit from vacation innovations.

Perfect - it is good to hear about real eBay sales (and other resale purchases) since we do not know if the eBay ones ever get finalized. Congrats - great strategy and usage as a vacation investment.

Most owners feel uncomfortable about listing the price paid for a variety of understandable reasons (and others are uncomfortable with this thread since eBay sales may not be representative )

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just curious as to how you know this. :shrug:

Do you mean how do I know that the taxes are doubling? Because I keep up on VI news from a few sources - and the Tax Recorders Office attempted to send out Property Tax bills (illegally) last Fall that had the TS taxes doubling. I spoke to a person at the Tax Assessors Office when I was researching the costs for buying our 2nd WSJ week recently and was told verbally what the property tax was increased to - it was briefly listed on the tax Recorders web-site. The sellers compensated us for the back taxes (which was nice).

It is still in the courts however (due to unfair assessments) - the USVI Gov't hasn't collected taxes since 2005. STJ overall is getting screwed - and TS owners in the VI also since it is essentially taxation w/o representation since TS owners have no vote.

This should be in the WSJ Thread.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Last edited by a moderator:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORV 2Bd LO (Premium-small) IV - 148.1K SO (3/3/09) - $17,200
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260367321397

Harborside 2Bd LO (Platinum - Phase I) - 148.1K SO (3/3/09) - $20,100
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110353964312

WSJ 2Bd/3Ba (Virgin Grand) Week 33, Unit 3310 - 81K SO (3/3/09) - $12,400
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280316608869

WMH 2Bd LO EOY-odd Gold (3/3/09) - $680
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260367793871

Posted to sticky - THANKS!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
A bit of a tangent for this thread - but not really...

I have been noticing more and more real Owners (not PCCs) attempting to sell their units on eBay - where they are asking for what they believe to be reasonable prices based on what they paid and were probably told by SVO salespeople, but are far above the real selling prices (on eBay or other sites). A WKORV OF for $56K, WKORVs for $30-35K, WPORVs for $35-40K, WSJ (low) for $30K, WKV (67.1K SO) for $15K. I really feel bad for these folks when/if they discovery the awful truth.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Check out Tug and Redweek ads. There are similar listings right below listings for the exact same season/view for 50% less. I wonder why they bother listing it.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
A bit of a tangent for this thread - but not really...

I have been noticing more and more real Owners (not PCCs) attempting to sell their units on eBay - where they are asking for what they believe to be reasonable prices based on what they paid and were probably told by SVO salespeople, but are far above the real selling prices (on eBay or other sites). A WKORV OF for $56K, WKORVs for $30-35K, WPORVs for $35-40K, WSJ (low) for $30K, WKV (67.1K SO) for $15K. I really feel bad for these folks when/if they discovery the awful truth.

I have noticed that too, as I've set up to get an email on new Westins that show up. I've seen the big buck WKORV showing up recently and shake my head. :(

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORVN 2Bd LO IV - 148.1K SO - $15,600 (4/2/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350183395600

I had a work-friend who paid~$48K from Starwood for this same unit-type about 2 years ago. Needless to say - I will not be mentioning this to them (they did not heed my warning to rescind and buy resale since they wanted the SPs - I hope they got a lot of value from those SPs...).

thomasro3

Reaction score
WKORVN 2Bd LO IV - 148.1K SO - $15,600 (4/2/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350183395600

I had a work-friend who paid~$48K from Starwood for this same unit-type about 2 years ago. Needless to say - I will not be mentioning this to them (they did not heed my warning to rescind and buy resale since they wanted the SPs - I hope they got a lot of value from those SPs...).

I bought one EOY IV WKORV for 10k from the developer . I think the orignial purchase EOY WKORV was 19k? mine was not North. This was back in 2005 though. Then I purchsed an annual and deluxe with better views.

Was this an annual? Maintenance fees look like it is. You just never know.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKV 2Bd LO Gold (81K SO) - $4,250 (4/6/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180343257158

I believe this is the lowest eBay price for this unit-type at WKV
(close to a $4K drop from a year ago)

WKORV 2Bd LO Deluxe IV or OV? (148.1K SO) - $16,100 (4/5/09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130297034881
Based on MFs - this unit is likely a Deluxe unit - auction did not state whether is is an IV or OV units (incredibly bad not to include this info)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

grgs