• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound Owners Sweepstakes [MERGED]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The match game is only 4 x 4. so 16 total tiles- 8 matched pairs
Correct. I didn't have access to the game yesterday when posting. Still, a 16 tile game has a 1 in 2 million chance of matching every pair the first time every time. And he did it twice! Thus why I think Dean and my definition of a perfect game are different. Dean has just chosen not to really explain how he defines a "perfect game".

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. I didn't have access to the game yesterday when posting. Still, a 16 tile game has a 1 in 20 trillion chance of matching every pair the first time every time. Thus why I think Dean and my definition of a perfect game are different. Dean has just chosen not to really explain how he defines a "perfect game".
Actually I did earlier I believe, no misses.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. I didn't have access to the game yesterday when posting. Still, a 16 tile game has a 1 in 2 million chance of matching every pair the first time every time. And he did it twice! Thus why I think Dean and my definition of a perfect game are different. Dean has just chosen not to really explain how he defines a "perfect game".

The odds are actually about 1 in 2,027,025.

Waaay waay less than 20 trillion

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Actually I did earlier I believe, no misses.
So you are saying, randomly clicking tiles or even going through them in order;

Scenario 1
Tile 1 Click
Tile 2 Click = Match
Tile 3 Click
Tile 4 Click = Match
Tile 5 Click
Tile 6 Click = Match
Tile 7 Click
Tile 8 Click = Match
Tile 9 Click
Tile 10 Click = Match
Tile 11 Click
Tile 12 Click = Match
Tile 13 Click
Tile 14 Click = Match
Tile 15 Click
Tile 16 Click = Match

Not something more like this?
Scenario 2
Tile 1 Click
Tile 2 Click = No Match
Tile 3 Click
Tile 4 Click = No match but matches Tile 1
Tile 1 Click
Tile 4 Click = Match
Tile 3 Click = Matches tile 3
Tile 5 Click
Tile 6 Click matches tile 2
Tile 2 Click
Tile 6 Click = Match
etc

To some, they may consider the last scenario to be a perfect game. I consider scenario 1 to be a perfect game.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The odds are actually about 1 in 2,027,025.

Waaay waay less than 20 trillion
Correct. I actually updated my post just before you replied, as you can see your quoted post indicates the update. Still, to do this now three times, exponentially increases the odds to impossibility.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So you are saying, randomly clicking tiles or even going through them in order;

Scenario 1
Tile 1 Click
Tile 2 Click = Match
Tile 3 Click
Tile 4 Click = Match
Tile 5 Click
Tile 6 Click = Match
Tile 7 Click
Tile 8 Click = Match
Tile 9 Click
Tile 10 Click = Match
Tile 11 Click
Tile 12 Click = Match
Tile 13 Click
Tile 14 Click = Match
Tile 15 Click
Tile 16 Click = Match

Not something more like this?
Scenario 2
Tile 1 Click
Tile 2 Click = No Match
Tile 3 Click
Tile 4 Click = No match but matches Tile 1
Tile 1 Click
Tile 4 Click = Match
Tile 3 Click = Matches tile 3
Tile 5 Click
Tile 6 Click matches tile 2
Tile 2 Click
Tile 6 Click = Match
etc

To some, they may consider the last scenario to be a perfect game. I consider scenario 1 to be a perfect game.
Scenario 1 for one of them, not 100% sure on the second, might have been one miss but didn't remember one. I get how it looks and understand why one would be skeptical. It's fine, I'd be doubtful if I hadn't seen it.

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am usually pretty good at matching the tiles but today, I couldn't seem to get it right. I was so off my game that it was pitiful. When I ended, I was relieved. And then it happened. I won 500 plus points! I know that it is a random selection, but I felt like I received the pity award! And I was thrilled! Sometimes last place people really do win. LOL

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
just sweepstakes entries for me

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
500 plus points and 11.2k Bonvoy. Lucky me!
I beleive it is 500 Plus Points OR 11,200 Bonvoy Points. If you are in Abound, you get the Plus Points where if you just own unenrolled weeks, then you get the Bonvoy Points.

Last edited:

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems like they are pretty generous with the prizes, given how many here have reported winning points. Just entries for me so far, but I am encouraged!

Fallenone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Points
I beleive it is 500 Plus Points OR 11,200 Bonvoy Points. If you are in Abound, you get the Plus Points where if you just own unenrolled weeks, then you get the Bonvoy Points.
I checked my email and you are right. Still, 500 plus points is pretty good. Equals to the incentive of a 2-hour long presentation and can be used for a room for ~2 days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I checked my email and you are right. Still, 500 plus points is pretty good. Equals to the incentive of a 2-hour long presentation and can be used for a room for ~2 days.
I certainly agree. We also won 500 points this morning. Not sure what we will use it for, perhaps a Destinations Escape for this summer in the desert if the dates all work out right.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
All I get are entries. Maybe my chance is coming up for some points.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have yet to win anything besides sweepstakes. My husband won 500 points when I started playing for him several weeks after the promo started.

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe to bring Dean’s claim into plausibility… if there are 100 of us on the board playing, and we play for 100 days, then there is about a 1 in 200 chance of one of us getting a perfect game (0.492% I believe). Still a long shot, but not astronomical. It could have been anyone and we would be equally shocked.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Anyone have an estimate on the odds of Dean’s perfect game being due to poor coding of the game by Marriott or its contractor running the contest?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Hi all..Just received my Abound 500 Plus Points today…exactly one month to the day of Conformation:D

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I certainly agree. We also won 500 points this morning. Not sure what we will use it for, perhaps a Destinations Escape for this summer in the desert if the dates all work out right.
Wonder if these will show up in your account. Didn't you have an issue with plus points in the past not showing in your account, but CSR's could see them, so you had to call in to use them?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Wonder if these will show up in your account. Didn't you have an issue with plus points in the past not showing in your account, but CSR's could see them, so you had to call in to use them?
Yes, I had to call but they finally figured it out. I was able to make a reservation and the remaining points showed up.

ddmorrison95

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today I won the 500 Plus points. I did not receive any email though - does anyone know if this is normal and if so, how do i go about claiming the prize. Thank you!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hi everyone,

Today I won the 500 Plus points. I did not receive any email though - does anyone know if this is normal and if so, how do i go about claiming the prize. Thank you!
Check your spam folder - mine have consistently been screened as junk mail.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi everyone,

Also search your email for "HelloWorld". That may turn up the email wherever it went.