• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound contest

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Better than winning sweepstakes entries, as I was surprised to win 1,000 bonvoy points tonight. Would prefer abound points, but guessing unlikely since now I have won the abound towel and 1,000 abound points.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I have won 1000 BP’s three times now. I have also won 500 Abound points on February 23. Since then it has been nothing but a solid win of 1, 2, or 3 sweepstakes entries every day.

The first 1000 BP’s were won on January 22. They just showed up in my Bonvoy account activity overnight (March 11), so they took 7 weeks to post. They are described as MVCI Award Points.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
The 500 Abound points (worth $350-$500) are a lot more valuable than 11,200 Bonvoy points (worth maybe $100).

Not sure where you are on the west coast, but you should take a look at the points charts. With 500 points you can get 5 nights in a studio at Timber Lodge (Tahoe) in the Spring or Fall. Or 5 nights in a studio in the summer at one of the properties in the Palm Springs area (MVC or Westins). Grand Chateau in Vegas may also be an option for you for a driving trip. And if your benefit level is Executive or higher (should be with Maui weeks) you can stretch it even further with 25%/30% discount at 30/60 days out and get 4-5 days in a 1BR. Can be a nice staycation in the off season and there's no rush - those points are good for 2 years.

11,200 Bonvoy points won't even get you a single night at a Residence Inn...

As long as I can try out Abound without electing any of my Maui weeks, it sounds like I could find something we can use. I have been ignoring Abound, but was browsing through the point charts as soon as I won to see what 500 points would get me. Are there reservation fees and split stay fees to pay? Or is all of that included with the $307 Chairman Level annual dues? And the farthest I can book in advance is 12 or 13 months, and it sounds like I have to call to use the sweepstakes points? I guess I will have to learn how to use Abound now :ROFLMAO: .

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As long as I can try out Abound without electing any of my Maui weeks, it sounds like I could find something we can use. I have been ignoring Abound, but was browsing through the point charts as soon as I won to see what 500 points would get me. Are there reservation fees and split stay fees to pay? Or is all of that included with the $307 Chairman Level annual dues? And the farthest I can book in advance is 12 or 13 months, and it sounds like I have to call to use the sweepstakes points? I guess I will have to learn how to use Abound now :ROFLMAO: .
No fees or split stay fees. You should also be able to reserve online.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What if you are select level?
Level doesn't impact fees. All fees are eliminated in Abound with the Club Dues. Level will impact when you can reserve, bank elect and how long banked points are good for.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The one video today was long and a snoozer! I earned my 5 entries with that one.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The one video today was long and a snoozer! I earned my 5 entries with that one.
I haven't watched an entire video in weeks. Start playing, then click the playhead line to the very end and let it finish...

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I haven't watched an entire video in weeks. Start playing, then click the playhead line to the very end and let it finish...
I keep hoping I'll learn something. I only own a Vistana EOY odd and I kept my 2023 points in VSN. 2025 points will play in Abound.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I cheat the same way too. :ROFLMAO:
I like to think of it as scrolling through the videos rapidly while actually learning about Abound by reading the rules and TUG. That way we both meet our goals - I understand the system better and get the contest entries as a result. The contest rules don’t say anything about the speed at which you watch the videos, so it’s not cheating…. :cool:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just click play, leave it on mute, and then go back to doing something else in another browser.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah I just click play, leave it on mute, and then go back to doing something else in another browser.
I started out doing that, but learned the video stops if you change tabs in the browser.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like DW won a weekly draw prize of a 2-year Platinum II membership. The problem is that we own both Marriott and Vistana with no way to tell which account won the prize. So I don't know if they will put the 2 years on our MVC corp II account or our VSN Corp II account. The VSN corp account doesn't really help us as we never use it except for the odd AC that works out. We already have Platinum II on the MVC corp account, but an extension there would be pretty cool.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started out doing that, but learned the video stops if you change tabs in the browser.

It works if its not tabbed. So i just have two separate browser windows open. One on each of my monitors.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the plus side, my 500 Abound points that I won over a month ago finally showed up in my account. On the negative side, the website STILL doesn't allow me to search Abound inventory.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just won another 500 Abound points. I guess I'll see them in my account around the end of April. Hopefully I'll be able to use the website to search by then. Not holding my breath.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I haven't been able to play every day (forgot - sigh!)

Today I won 2000 Bonvoy points. Good to augment the 35k Hotel certs...

The 500 Abound points I won have not shown up yet but we are still not 30 days out.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I haven't been able to play every day (forgot - sigh!).

Today I won 2000 Bonvoy points. Good to augment the 35k Hotel certs...

The 500 Abound points I won have not shown up yet but we are still not 30 days out.
All I‘ve won is the dumb towel.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on the 11,200 and 1,000 Bonvoy points, the towel, and the mystery winning email I got on March 6 that didn't specify what I won or if it was tied to a previous win. Nothing has shown up yet, and it's been 45 days since the 11,200 point win.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Still waiting on the 11,200 and 1,000 Bonvoy points, the towel, and the mystery winning email I got on March 6 that didn't specify what I won or if it was tied to a previous win. Nothing has shown up yet, and it's been 45 days since the 11,200 point win.
The Bonvoy points we won on January 17th finally showed up in our Bonvoy account on March 10th. So you may still have a few more days if that timeline holds true for you.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

Same here.

I wrote them about that mystery email, and got this reply:

"the confirmation email from 3/6/2023 is regarding your win from 1/29/23 for the following prize: Vistana- 500 PlusPoints or 11,200 Marriott Bonvoy Points."

So it wasn't a weekly prize. I still have not received the 500 points.