• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound 2024 Points Charts

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I noticed that they released the individual points charts for the resorts, so I put it all in a booklet for everyone's convenience. All copyrights belong to Marriott Vacation Club.

(@StevenTing - Please upload to vacationpointexchange as well when you get a chance)

I had to compress the file from 20MB+ to less than 2MB to get it to upload here, so the quality of the images on the pages is not great... but otherwise, it looks fine.

Attachments

• points_charts_2024.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,131

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Nice!!! Thanks for doing this.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I miss the days when MVC used to do it for us!

Last edited:

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when MVC used to do it for us!
They really decided not to do this anymore? It does not make any sense why they would not, aside from a little money

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surf Club, Ko Olina, Ocean Pointe
Thank you so much

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
They really decided not to do this anymore? It does not make any sense why they would not, aside from a little money

I haven't seen their version of a single booklet with a nice cover and table of contents since 2021. Just the individual resort files they have online.

I think others aggregated it into one file for vacationpointexchange.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I noticed that they released the individual points charts for the resorts, so I put it all in a booklet for everyone's convenience. All copyrights belong to Marriott Vacation Club.

(@StevenTing - Please upload to vacationpointexchange as well when you get a chance)

I had to compress the file from 20MB+ to less than 2MB to get it to upload here, so the quality of the images on the pages is not great... but otherwise, it looks fine.
I noticed Harborside isn’t listed. Will they be included in 2024?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I noticed Harborside isn’t listed. Will they be included in 2024?

Last update to Vistana owners said they expect to integrate it into Abound (presumably with Marriott reservation system etc) by mid-2023. IF that is indeed the case, owners should be able to elect points for 2024.

1677122414014.png

When Abound launched last year, @kozykritter posted some charts he received following a recent purchase. Those charts included HRA, but were never released officially due to the inability to add HRA to abound for 2023. It's a bit out of focus, but here is the chart he posted:

1677121297791.png

I also used this chart at the time to come up with an approximation of election values for HRA owners based on my best understanding of how MVC does it. If the chart above is where things end up, I expect the numbers below to be within ±3% of the actual election values.

HRA PLATINUM Season SPECULATED point election value:
Small 1BRLarge 1BR2BR2BR Lockoff3BR
2,122 DC Points2,711 DC Points3,861 DC Points4,428 DC Points5,261 DC Points

HRA GOLD Season SPECULATED point election value:
Small 1BRLarge 1BR2BR2BR Lockoff3BR
1,507 DC Points1,997 DC Points2,802 DC Points3,292 DC Points3,882 DC Points

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, thank you. Is MVCI going to send this booklet to us?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Where did you download the pamphlet? Was it on the website?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
From Where did you download the pamphlet? Was it on the website?

I downloaded ~90 individual files from the website, put them all in one file, added my own table of contents, added page numbers, and compressed the file so it can upload to tug...

Slow day at work, so this kept me busy for a couple of hours :)

The individual resorts' 2023 and 2024 points charts are here:

1677200396264.png

Last edited:

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Now we just need Interval to update their TDI charts for 2024. I know they don't jump around much but the Easter holiday always moves around. I think it's week 13 next year.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
MVC Just posted a Points Charts booklet for 2022-2023 (both in one book) in the Abound contest for the Vistana website. One of those things that you click on to get extra entries. I imagine it will be on the MVC contest next week. The book is quite nice, with a nice cover, table of contents, and 2022/2023 listed in separate columns on the same pages.

But what use do we have for 2022 charts at this point? Am I missing anything? They have the 2024 charts already - would have been very nice to include in the booklet in the as part of this promotion. The other thing I don't like about it is that they separated MVC from Sheraton, Westin, and Ritz. There are 4 different sections in the booklet for the 4 clubs. They always separated Ritz from MVC (so I also did that in the 2024 attached file) I don't see much reason to separate MVC from Vistana, and virtually no reason to separate Sheraton from Westin as the rules that apply to those are the same. Missed opportunity imo. :shrug:

1677509618269.png

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Thank you so much. it's very helpful.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

@StevenTing Not sure if you saw this one first go around? I couldn't find it on VPE.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s very nice someone would take the time to do this. Thank you DanCali.

I’m not sure how others are using this. 90 resorts. I seem to look for inventory at the same 11. Rarely do I need to consult the points chart but when I do I simply check it out on the MVC website.

What am I missing?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I’m not sure how others are using this. 90 resorts. I seem to look for inventory at the same 11. Rarely do I need to consult the points chart but when I do I simply check it out on the MVC website.

What am I missing?
Some people may like to print it out or save it down to their computer so they don't have to log in every time they want to look at it. It takes a bunch of clicks to get to where they have it. Then you need to check it resort by resort.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

What am I missing?
I think it is useful. It gives one the ability to check without signing in to the website which can be problematic at times. It also gives you the chance to double check the accuracy of points calculator which I've seen be wrong one time. It also gives you the chance to compare multiple weeks or different arrival days in case one is comparing points costs.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a good up to date summary chart that shows all the MVC Resort points conversion by season? Bonus would be if the Vistana resorts are included.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen their version of a single booklet with a nice cover and table of contents since 2021. Just the individual resort files they have online.

I think others aggregated it into one file for vacationpointexchange.

Aren't the points frozen for how many are needed to reserve any particular resort? If so, why would new books be needed? If the points spent do vary year to year, then I'm misinformed.

Last edited: