• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound Owners Sweepstakes [MERGED]

Elcmax

Reaction score
I enter each day. After successfully solving the memory card instant game, I win 2 sweepstake entries. Are those entries automatic or do I have to enter the sweepstake separately? Looked but cant find!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I enter each day. After successfully solving the memory card instant game, I win 2 sweepstake entries. Are those entries automatic or do I have to enter the sweepstake separately? Looked but cant find!
On the main sweepstakes page, it shows you the count of your entries. When you win those, it just increases the count.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is odd. Are you scrolling down your home page? The dark blue attachment featured in post #1 appears on my home page, just after I log in.
It finally showed up yesterday after trying in vain for weeks to "register" via the pdf link others provided (and repeatedly getting the invalid domain error message). It only shows up in Chrome and Safari. Still does not show up in Edge or Firefox. So, it's very sensitive to browsers and browser settings.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It finally showed up yesterday after trying in vain for weeks to "register" via the pdf link others provided (and repeatedly getting the invalid domain error message). It only shows up in Chrome and Safari. Still does not show up in Edge or Firefox. So, it's very sensitive to browsers and browser settings.
I don't know what you mean by "trying to register". In regard to the contest, there was nothing to register for.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by "trying to register". In regard to the contest, there was nothing to register for.
Since I had no link to the sweepstakes on any of the log in pages, I tried to "register" using the links provided on this or another TUG thread. I think it is actually just a way to enter the sweepstakes outside the log in page, but I always got the invalid email domain name error message. Ultimately, I think clicking repeatedly on that link is what caused the tile to finally show up on my log in page.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Since I had no link to the sweepstakes on any of the log in pages, I tried to "register" using the links provided on this or another TUG thread. I think it is actually just a way to enter the sweepstakes outside the log in page, but I always got the invalid email domain name error message. Ultimately, I think clicking repeatedly on that link is what caused the tile to finally show up on my log in page.
The link from the email and provided in other thread does work, but you would have to be logged into the MVC site in a browser before you clicked on it. The missing link when logged in is usually caused by ad blockers. They see the contest tile on the home page as an ad.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The link from the email and provided in other thread does work, but you would have to be logged into the MVC site in a browser before you clicked on it. The missing link when logged in is usually caused by ad blockers. They see the contest tile on the home page as an ad.
It is an ad.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Ineligible domain. For any of my email addresses.
It wouldn't take my .net email address, but gmail.com was accepted.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I received an Email today from from the Hello World Experience Team saying that my eligibility has been Approved…I should be receiving my prize(500 Abound Plus Points) within 30days of this confirmation:banana:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
32 days and counting for mine.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Didnt work when i first tried, but now I am in the game!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How do you find the link when you log in!
It is on the main page, scroll down some. If you aren't seeing it, it could be because you have an Adblocker turned on. Whitelist the MVC website with your adblocker.
1677533298398.png

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an Email today from from the Hello World Experience Team saying that my eligibility has been Approved…I should be receiving my prize(500 Abound Plus Points) within 30days of this confirmation:banana:
it seems like a crazily complex process though since receiving my winning email, having to complete an IRS form (which as a Brit I was unfamiliar with), waiting for several follow up emails…

We're the Winner Experience Team at Merkle / HelloWorld! We're emailing you on behalf of your big win in the Abound by Marriott Vacations Sweepstakes and Instant Game!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You've won 500 PlusPoints or 11,200 Marriott Bonvoy® Points! How exciting!

If you are a US resident, no further action is required. If additional information is needed to fulfill your prize, we'll be sure to contact you at this email address. Be sure to check your folders often!

If you are a resident of Canada or the United Kingdom, you must also submit an IRS Form W-8BEN within five (5) calendar days via the DocuSign link

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So for those who have "won" the 500 PlusPoints of 11,200 Marriott Bonvoy Points, did you receive an email to select Plus Points or Bonvoy Points? I have yet to win anything other than Sweepstakes but by chance, I logged into my husband's MVC account and just won this yesterday. I helped him fill out the email that came, and it asked for his address and that was it. He didn't get an email with selection of the 2 options.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So for those who have "won" the 500 PlusPoints of 11,200 Marriott Bonvoy Points, did you receive an email to select Plus Points or Bonvoy Points? I have yet to win anything other than Sweepstakes but by chance, I logged into my husband's MVC account and just won this yesterday. I helped him fill out the email that came, and it asked for his address and that was it. He didn't get an email with selection of the 2 options.
You don't get a choice based on this footnote from the page 9 of the official rules. If you own Club Points or are enrolled in Abound/VSN, you get PlusPoints.

*PlusPoints and Club Dues Credit: PlusPoints and Club Dues credit are only available as prizes, and will be awarded, to Owners of Club Points, Owners enrolled in the Abound by Marriott VacationsTM exchange program (“Abound”) and Members of the Vistana Signature Network (VSN) at the time of entry. Winners who are not Club Point Owners or Members of VSN or Abound will be awarded Marriott Bonvoy points. Owners may use PlusPoints to reserve accommodations and other exchange benefits within Abound, subject to terms and conditions of the Exchange Company documents. PlusPoints shall expire 24 months following their date of delivery to Owner, are nontransferable and may not be banked, borrowed, or traded for Marriott Bonvoy Points.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
My last email just confirmed that I had provided all the information required and I would receive my prize (no choice)
So as an enrolled member I expect to receive Plus Points in due course.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
My last email just confirmed (no choice) that
“Congratulations on your recent win in the Abound by Marriott Vacations Sweepstakes and Instant Game!
We have received your information and your eligibility has been approved. No additional action is required from you at this time. You will either be contacted or receive your prize within the guidelines outlined within the official rules.”

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
My last email just confirmed (no choice) that
“Congratulations on your recent win in the Abound by Marriott Vacations Sweepstakes and Instant Game!
We have received your information and your eligibility has been approved. No additional action is required from you at this time. You will either be contacted or receive your prize within the guidelines outlined within the official rules.”
Should be within 30 days of that email…congrats

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned