• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Venting a little. While MVCI IT and their website has never been "great", it clearly continues to go downhill.

I don't need a pretty website. I just need it to function with acceptable performance.

Today, I've probably seen a dozen different errors when trying to manage my Weeks and Points reservations. It's not just one error in one location....I see them across the website in a variety of locations. Whether searching, viewing inventory, clicking buttons which didn't load/work, trying to view inventory which wouldn't load, inability to reserve a week reservation, etc, etc, etc. It's very frustrating not being able to do the simple functional things required.

MVCI IT appears to being going backwards vs forwards...year after year. Very frustrating.
  • Fatal Error Searching Availability. Please check the logs​

• Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your reservation at this time. Please try again or contact Owner Services at 800.845.4226

• Outside Booking Window

I went to Chat tonight, as they have been helpful as an alternative to the website online. Had to wait 30 mins after being #2 in line. I used Chat because then online system would not let me book a simple Week reservation. The Chat representative did not see the same inventory I saw online, as such, could not book what I wanted. No idea why inventory looked different. They suggested I keep trying online or call on Monday when the phone lines open.

Just another frustrating day with MVCI.

ExDean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Vista (3 BR LO) Gold, Marriott Royal Palms, White
Identifying with hangloose's "venting."

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound I received a email from the venerable MVCI saying "Don’t forget to book your Marriott's Grande Vista week!" Have been trying to book so I can exchange with II but all I get is Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your reservation at this time. Please try again or contact Owner Services at 800.845.4226 Haven't the luxury to be on hold for 70+ minutes or call Owner Services back later just to get the same hold time.

Jandk2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista Orlando
Beachplace Towers Ft. Lauderdale
I tried to lock off my Grande Vista 2 bedroom repeatedly over the period of 2 days. Everytime after I hit the payment button (for the $90 lockoff fee), I recieved the "Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your reservation at this time. Please try again or contact Owner Services at 800.845.4226" message. They were charging me every time but not locking off the unit and reserving my unit! $540 in fees posted and it was HELL getting the charges reversed.

Everytime I call Owner Services I get "the wait time is over an hour" and if I don't want to give them my number to call me back, they simply disconnect you. You can't even wait on the line!

Wow absolute clown show.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the website today? I tried three browsers, cleared cache, and more. But, I cannot get any of the fields on the Book with Points page to populate (like with the dropdown). No resorts shows, up on the dropdown. No months shows up on the drop down

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Unfortunately….it’s a way life for MVC OWNERS.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately….it’s a way life for MVC OWNERS.
On my next preview, I will mention I will NOT consider purchasing any Trust points (especially direct) until they get the website up to acceptable standards. Why spend money buying points when I will be stressed out using them??? At least with my enrolled weeks, I can choose NOT to use the points side if I choose. With Trust points, I am required to use the website (for self service).

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I agree..you make perfect sense..the problem is…and AWAYS WILL BE…the powers that be,couldn’t care less…..if they did….the never ending unpredictable mess that is the MVC WEBSITE…would have been fixed a long time ago.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree..you make perfect sense..the problem is…and AWAYS WILL BE…the powers that be,couldn’t care less…..if they did….the never ending unpredictable mess that is the MVC WEBSITE…would have been fixed a long time ago.
Just gives us a valid reason to any rep why not to buy retail. Pay full price to feel pain, no thank you.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
New error for me.
I am searching for specific date, 2 nights.
Search everyday and only one hit (not size unit I want.)
Then yesterday I get 6 hits. Go into the individual properties and none of them are actually available on that date????
(it is not a points issue, have plenty of points)

1676048598744.png

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
New error for me.
I am searching for specific date, 2 nights.
Search everyday and only one hit (not size unit I want.)
Then yesterday I get 6 hits. Go into the individual properties and none of them are actually available on that date????
(it is not a points issue, have plenty of points)

View attachment 72948
What happens when you click on 13, 25 and 26? It appears these are three days with available check in inventory

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happens when you click on 13, 25 and 26? It appears these are three days with available check in inventory
They all work. But it should not show up on main screen as available. If I turn off flexible, it is supposed to only show me availability when that specific day/length is available.
Availability has not changed from when I looked last week. It just now shows them as available on main screen when they really should not be.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Tried logging in today to see what it takes to reserve our weeks at 13 months online and am seeing this. This seems new to me, but perhaps not to others?
1678314448235.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yup. Working for me now.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we just face the fact MVC considers a working webpage a low priority?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Can we just face the fact MVC considers a working webpage a low priority?
The FACT IS and ALWAYS WILL BE….MVC does not CARE..they have our money…and they control what we want…you..me and every other owner will come back as many times as it takes to make a successful transaction..it’s frustrating and sad…but it’s a FACT.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unlike hotels, the website for MVC isn't a profit generating system. If it goes down, MVC doesn't lose any money. If Marriott.com goes down, sales start to go down.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Anyone else having trouble logging in? Keep on getting an error message when trying to log in

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble logging in? Keep on getting an error message when trying to log in
Yes, tried with Safari and chrome; getting Something went wrong with Safari and This site cant be reached with Chrome. Clearly a Friday night release gone wrong.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Yes, tried with Safari and chrome; getting Something went wrong with Safari and This site cant be reached with Chrome. Clearly a Friday night release gone wrong.
I received the same message this morning…

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
I am having problem logging in as well

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)