• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

time for a new TUG logo for shirts etc- image/design experts needed!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and a few last minute tweaks!

TUG2.jpg
TUG FINAL.jpg

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
Love the logo…love the thoughts. I was a typesetter before I became a copy writer…and we always used serif for blocks of type as it is more readable and we used sans serif for headlines and captions. Check out your brochures you may see this is the case. Worst readability of all was reversed out big blocks of sans serif. Artists love that kind of thing but the printing press operator and the end user reader don’t usually appreciate. If I ever do reversed out print I at least use bold face and larger font. I would go with what you did up there. You put in the effort and while lots of stuff is spinning around you have a good feel for things. One other piece of advice is to walk away for a day or two, put your mind on other things THEN come back and see what your immediate reaction is. Bravo!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
and we always used serif for blocks of type as it is more readable and we used sans serif for headlines and captions.
That's a principal I learned some years, ago and all my stationary and document templates are built around that. I also use fonts that have a significant height difference in lower case between squat letters (a, s, e, etc.) and letters that have tops and tails (t, g, h, f). That makes the text more readable.

My work almost entirely involves producing written documents. I'm often amazed at how many companies there are in my field who produce reports using entirely sans serif fonts (generally Arial fonts) that quickly become very eye-wearing.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the font used in this one is ISLANDER SMOOTH.

id imagine for most tshirts we will utilize a slogan or similar printed on the shirt as well, so choosing a common readable (and printable) font would likely be a good choice for that!

for me personally, I still like the sharpie font we used in a previous shirt design!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
the font used in this one is ISLANDER SMOOTH.

id imagine for most tshirts we will utilize a slogan or similar printed on the shirt as well, so choosing a common readable (and printable) font would likely be a good choice for that!

for me personally, I still like the sharpie font we used in a previous shirt design!
Yeah - when doing logo, image is most important, so you can be more creative than when doing basic reporting and communications.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
For me, a t-shirt is not what I wear for many activities. If the logo was embroidered on the right upper chest of a collared polo I would probably wear it. They do make men's and women's polo shirts that are nice enough to wear to many places but casual enough to wear at the resort pool.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im happy to provide it on "nicer than tshirt" shirts as well!

those usually cost a bit more however!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
For me, a t-shirt is not what I wear for many activities. If the logo was embroidered on the right upper chest of a collared polo I would probably wear it. They do make men's and women's polo shirts that are nice enough to wear to many places but casual enough to wear at the resort pool.

Bill
I agree with that. How about a tank top to wear to the pool? I guess this is why I was looking for something with more of a modern look.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I really like this one but with a different font, this font has the "u" looking like a "v". I love circle designs as they are clean and sleek
I know what you mean. I’m liking these two. I’ll look for a Better font because of the V, but the thin lines look clean to me also. If Brian lets more than one logo be put on a shirt, I’d totally wear this as a tank top.

B529C23E-A6CD-4875-AB65-058C91FBC2BA.jpeg

ECD24DA7-DEF5-4103-9D6E-FF9D64D4E84D.jpeg

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I really like this one but with a different font, this font has the "u" looking like a "v". I love circle designs as they are clean and sleek
41B96473-0178-40B7-85E0-E9612C8BFD01.jpeg
F73E2172-7A80-489E-9FD6-2D657C9A1257.jpeg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this is certainly not an all or nothing contest. if there are multiple winning logos folks want to purchase, im happy to make them available.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
this is certainly not an all or nothing contest. if there are multiple winning logos folks want to purchase, im happy to make them available.
I’d be all in for something like these. Or maybe the large square tug on the back with a small square on the front left chest
1046329E-CDF2-4042-AD9A-54FE6E5C2621.png
E12280AA-0128-456F-B563-7AF21290FA9E.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also note for these sorts of logos, a very high quality image is required. especially if the graphic is to be blown up to fit more appropriately on a Tshirt (vs a small logo on a pocket or similar)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Bill

I agree, Bill. I prefer a tasteful logo shirt, rather than a walking billboard shirt. Whether a polo or quality t-shirt, having a nice logo printed or embroidered on the upper left chest area is far more appealing than a blazing advertisement. I know @TUGBrian wants to increase exposure to bring new folks to Tug, and there are two camps on that - one is the shirt to warn others during timeshare presentations, but a more subtle approach might inspire questions from casual observers. Both styles are valid, but I don't think it's a one-size-fits-all thing. There is room for both.

And then there are ball caps and coffee cups, ballpoint pens, phone cases, and on and on...

Dave

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I agree, Bill. I prefer a tasteful logo shirt, rather than a walking billboard shirt. Whether a polo or quality t-shirt, having a nice logo printed or embroidered on the upper left chest area is far more appealing that a blazing advertisement. I know @TUGBrian want to increase exposure to bring new folks to Tug, and there are two camps on that - one is the shirt to warn others during timeshare presentations, but a more subtle approach might inspire questions from casual observers. Both styles are valid, but I don't think it's a one-size-fits-all thing. There is room for both.

And then there are ball caps and coffee cups, ballpoint pens, phone cases, and on and on...

Dave
I was thinking about baseball caps. Nike sells light weight running hats that I wear in the water now. How about beach bags?? I think beach bags would be Perfect so many

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly not doing this to start a clothing line for TUG =)

also no point in creating items that folks wont wear period! but yes, the goal of anything with the TUG logo on it is for members to wear it while on vacation.

I have never, nor have any plans to monetize any of these items or utilize it as some sort of revenue stream (just to be clear). everything produced will be sold at whatever minimum level is required by the vendor so that they can print them. (and offer free shipping if possible)

if we have 10 different designs that folks will wear, im game!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
also no point in creating items that folks wont wear period!
I don't know much about Spring, Spreadshirt or other such site that are print on demand, but I don't think there is much to creating an item on the site. If people buy it, then great, if they don't then no loss except the time to set it up on the site. Are you able to add merch to your YouTube channel yet?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’m late to the party and have no design skills, but I’d just like to chime in that I’d prefer to have the forum URL tugbbs.com shown rather than tug2.net, because to me the forums are the “helpful” side of TUG. If both could fit, that would work too.

I do like the palm tree and water logo as well as the hammock. However, I’d rather see palm trees AND mountains like the original DVC logo had, to encompass the variety of locations where timeshares are found.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
threw a few items up with the new logo as a test.

not terribly happy with tsprings design when it comes to adding text...and they really have no visible "support/get help" link I can find either!

also appears that free shipping wont work unless I up the price of the item to an amount that would cover the cost of shipping. wonder if folks are like my wife and are more willing to pay 5 dollars more for something that says "free shipping", than 5 dollars less if you still have to pay 4.99 to ship?

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know much about Spring, Spreadshirt or other such site that are print on demand, but I don't think there is much to creating an item on the site. If people buy it, then great, if they don't then no loss except the time to set it up on the site. Are you able to add merch to your YouTube channel yet?
no, you have to have 4000 watch hours in the last year to monetize the youtube channel. none of our old videos count for that.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I do like the palm tree and water logo as well as the hammock. However, I’d rather see palm trees AND mountains like the original DVC logo had, to encompass the variety of locations where timeshares are found.

Thinking about logo design earlier, I had the same thoughts, but with a smiling sunburst wearing sunglasses peeking out from behind the mountains. And somewhere on the edge of the mountains is a skier in the snow. It brings together seasonal and locational imagery, tied to things and places people like when taking timeshare trips.

So many options...

@TUGBrian is Cafe Press still around? They used to print on demand, as I recall. FWIW, Costco Photo is being taken over by Shutterfly, and they're talking about being able to print on things other than just flat photos. Wouldn't likely help for shirts, but might be a resource for other types of things.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
threw a few items up with the new logo as a test.

not terribly happy with tsprings design when it comes to adding text...and they really have no visible "support/get help" link I can find either!

also appears that free shipping wont work unless I up the price of the item to an amount that would cover the cost of shipping. wonder if folks are like my wife and are more willing to pay 5 dollars more for something that says "free shipping", than 5 dollars less if you still have to pay 4.99 to ship?

im happy to provide it on "nicer than tshirt" shirts as well!

those usually cost a bit more however!

The hats and pool/beach bags are where your logo could be large and these products have a low price point. I thought about it and was told by a reliable source, (my wife ) that none of the women she knows would wear the tshirts but all of them would use the pool/beach bags. I could see me carrying these logo bags around the pool, beach and grocery store.

I think that polypropylene grocery bags with the Tug logo could be bought for very little and given away for shipping costs. I could be considered an advertising expense. They could be used at the regular stores at home plus as pool/beach totes at resorts. They are one size and color fits all.

Bill

Last edited: