• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

time for a new TUG logo for shirts etc- image/design experts needed!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
maybe @travelhacker can help. He’s a tech guy
Sadly, I'm not much of a designer (but I can do a decent job of creating websites -- just less of a creative artsy guy).

I may have a couple of co-workers that may be interested if @TUGBrian is looking for a new logo.

Some of those freelancing sites like Fiverr can come up with really good stuff if you give them a few examples of what you like and don't like in logos.

At work, we've used a few of those for some small projects and been generally pleased.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ive had a number of folks suggest them, might just give it a shot!

I still like the idea of it being created from within the community!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
ive had a number of folks suggest them, might just give it a shot!

I still like the idea of it being created from within the community!
Can we upload our own logo for a shirt and still get the free membership when we wear it around resorts? Lol

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, if its a TUG logo sure!

not sure its a good ROI for me to subsidize a logo that has nothing to do with TUG =)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
haha, if its a TUG logo sure!

not sure its a good ROI for me to subsidize a logo that has nothing to do with TUG =)
Of course it would be TUG lol. I’m just thinking, I’d totally wear a shirt with a modern sleek TUG logo. I’ve referred too many people to tug While on vacation without a t shirt haha.

I think the name TUG is a talking point…. I can see people say, what the heck does TUG stand for? That’s all I’ll need for 35 minutes of me talking their ear off about the group lol

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
would a qr code even read on fabric? id think that would be quite a challenge!

like the idea though!
But we could have a QR code on TUG calling cards that, you know, TUGgers just might happen to leave lying around at swimming pools, workout rooms, or next to computer terminals in the lobby.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i remember back in the day folks would set the computer home pages in the (at that time) business centers to the TUG homepage!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
i remember back in the day folks would set the computer home pages in the (at that time) business centers to the TUG homepage!
Ooohhhh - that never occurred to me. I'll have to see if I can start doing that. I suspect most places have things set up now with Windows that only someone who has admin privileges can make that kind of change.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
at the time it was fairly popular (and amusing)...I recall some would actually report back that the TUG website/forums etc were blocked!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
font matching, made some more modifications! like how this is shaping up!
I think it would look better if the upper text didn't overlap the image.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
But we could have a QR code on TUG calling cards that, you know, TUGgers just might happen to leave lying around at swimming pools, workout rooms, or next to computer terminals in the lobby.
I've done this for my YouTube channel. Have a card with a QR code on it that we have had laminated. If we are talking with someone at the pool or hot tub and the subject of my channel comes up, we hand them one. Or sometimes they just scan the code right there and we keep the card. I would like to get plastic ones printed, but those are rather expensive.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry to be clear, im not against a qr code...they are neat.

ive just never seen one on cloth/fabric, and im not sure a phone would accurately pick it up (just like with a barcode).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
sorry to be clear, im not against a qr code...they are neat.

ive just never seen one on cloth/fabric, and im not sure a phone would accurately pick it up (just like with a barcode).
Yeah, I don't think a QR code would work on a shirt. In order to scan it, it would probably have to be perfectly flat.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So what we need are decals, that can be stuck on various items in popular timeshare areas, such a resort computer terminals, ski lift tow bars, etc. The types of places where you see other types of decals plastered. Or even in restrooms. Something like "Timeshare Owners Must Visit TUGbbs.com Before Returning Home".

1674186551175.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So what we need are decals, that can be stuck on various items in popular timeshare areas, such a resort computer terminals, ski lift tow bars, etc. The types of places where you see other types of decals plastered. Or even in restrooms. Something like "Timeshare Owners Must Visit TUGbbs.com Before Returning Home".

View attachment 71834
eh, id be afraid that would be borderline vandalism....id also just assume not make more work for the janitorial staff etc.

maybe a magnet or vinyl sticker thats easily removable etc.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
eh, id be afraid that would be borderline vandalism....id also just assume not make more work for the janitorial staff etc.

maybe a magnet or vinyl sticker thats easily removable etc.
I like the idea of a tropical shirt and a nature/mountain type shirt.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Attachments

• TUGBEARD.jpg
    TUGBEARD.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 5

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
def not a fan of the V vs U

do like the horizontal one....very business card modern!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
def not a fan of the V vs U

do like the horizontal one....very business card modern!
I agree… just tried something different. The horizontal one may be cool for the website only? I know when I post the website on Facebook it comes up with the logo in the comment. That could be a cool look.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree… just tried something different. The horizontal one may be cool for the website only? I know when I post the website on Facebook it comes up with the logo in the comment. That could be a cool look.
yep, thats from the meta og tag on the pages themselves...one of them defines the image to display on social media/snippets/etc when a link is posted!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ohhh, latest version of the "modern clipart revision" has come in, whomever suggested moving the domed font up over the trees was spot on!

Attachments

• tugbbshighdome2.jpg
    tugbbshighdome2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5
  • tugbbshighdome1.jpg
    tugbbshighdome1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 6