• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacations Club Sandestin - Coming in Q4 2022

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I am waiting for this one...It is an easy drive from ATL.

It might not be bookable for anybody. @cd5 is in the know and she says that booking the Embarc resorts might not be easy.

From this past summer:

I sincerely hope that the Embarc resorts will be available to us HGVC members and vice versa (even if it's just a trade for trade like it was back before DRI bought them out). If there's money involved, a timeshare company will find a way to suck it out of us.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
After reading the 'tea leaves', the types of vacation clubs within Hilton Grand Vacations:

HGVC = HGVC

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
we loved staying at this resort back when it was Club Intrawest. Fingers crossed MAX does not apply

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Not available to book

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
I am waiting for this one...It is an easy drive from ATL.
Same here. I would love a club not too far from atlanta. I have been to ocean oak, but that’s so hard to book!

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Are any of these new resorts available to book for plain old HGVC club members?
Palm Desert was also rebranded HGVC and used to say coming Q3. That wording is gone now but it still isn't available in the portal

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Will likely be available as exchanges through HGV Max which will require a substantial purchase of some kind (not just $199 for the year) to be a part of. Points in Embarc are already 94% owned by individual members so the developer doesn't have much to play with. You're more likely to go to Embarc (and at a cheaper cost) by spending that money to buy resale points. The official HGV Max program for Embarc has not yet been announced - some work has to be done to "standardize" Embarc points etc (similar to what was done with Diamond Resorts). Not about to be done soon. Some months yet.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will likely be available as exchanges through HGV Max which will require a substantial purchase of some kind (not just $199 for the year) to be a part of. Points in Embarc are already 94% owned by individual members so the developer doesn't have much to play with. You're more likely to go to Embarc (and at a cheaper cost) by spending that money to buy resale points. The official HGV Max program for Embarc has not yet been announced - some work has to be done to "standardize" Embarc points etc (similar to what was done with Diamond Resorts). Not about to be done soon. Some months yet.
If they will be available via Max, there aren't other levels of additional purchase. They are what they are in the reference guide unless they change the reference guide. I still think they will be in HGVC, hence the name, but as an exchange property like many others. There are a number of HGVC exchange properties with limited availability due to owners not in HGVC or in it but don't give up their weeks.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
The only "weeks" (we actually do points and can reserve 1 day or more) they could do that with are the developer's, which are only about 6% of the total. Developer points can be purchased of course, but the pot doesn't grow much. Embarc has very few delinquencies. You can always hope but I was told that any "exchanging" would be based on buying into something that costs $$ and that we wouldn't be getting the past scheme where it didn't.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Will likely be available as exchanges through HGV Max which will require a substantial purchase of some kind (not just $199 for the year) to be a part of.......

It is my understanding that HGV MAX is a booking vehicle between HGVC and HVC. In order to exchange using HGV MAX, your resort needs to be in either HGVC or HVC. The big question is how will the 9 Embarc resorts be able to book with HGV MAX, if they are not in HGVC or HVC?

As far as value proposition, I see the 9 Embarc resorts being in HGVC and the selling point for HGV MAX will be with the 800K members in HVC. I know nothing is in writing, so this is just an interesting conversation as we decipher the 'tea leaves'.

Here is a visual of how I see things working with HGV MAX:

1663623067805.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
he selling point for HGV MAX will be with the 800K members in HVC
I actually think it would be a bigger draw for HGVC to buy into Max. Right now, there isn't much there for HGVC members to take seriously but there are plenty of existing HGVC properties to pull in HVC Max members. If they would have rebranded them HVC and pushed to get more HGVC Max members, then I could buy that. Of course, I guess they can rebrand them HGVC but just not make them available to HGVC members without Max....which would be kind of BS.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
…….Of course, I guess they can rebrand them HGVC but just not make them available to HGVC members without Max....which would be kind of BS.

That could happen. That would also put all Embarc owners into a silo where they would only be able to book their 9 resorts. For Embarc members to gain access to either HGVC or HVC resorts, then they would need to buy into HGV Max.

Talk about a crappy deal for Embarc members. They used to be part of HGVC.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Crappy deal for HGVC and Embarc owners if they call it HGVC and then not provide unfettered HGVC access. Kind of like bHC but without the naming difference. If they insert MAX purchase in the middle, cross-booking will be neutered. If both can exchange freely then both sides would be more likely to trade because you have opened both sides to a bigger trading population.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Exchanging is just that - I give up a week so you can use it. As I've explained previously, the master declaration for Embarc makes it virtually impossible to change the terms of use for its members. Club Intrawest was never part of Hilton/HGVC. What was in existance prior to 2016 was simply an exchange agreement which was dissolved (by Hilton) when Diamond took over CI. Embarc members are already in what you call "a silo". They can go outside their 9 resorts only by exchanging - since the beginning. Those members that don't understand its point/trust system are more concerned about "outsiders" and the reducing of the availability even more because they think "availability" can just be opened at will to non-members, than going somewhere else. With 94% of points (94% of occupancy) sold, that's virtually every unit, for every resort and every week booked just with Embarc members. The only "wiggle room" are the 6% of points the developer owns & rents out. Apart from shoulder (low) season weeks, the most popular of the 9 resorts require booking at 11 months out to get what one wants. One can dream but the reality of what it is (unless Hilton develops more new rooms/resorts to sell) makes it unlikely that very many HGVC (or HVC) members get in unless Embarc members participate "en masse" in exchanges.

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc members participate "en masse" in exchanges.
They may if they then had full access to HGVC properties

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Crappy deal for HGVC and Embarc owners if they call it HGVC and then not provide unfettered HGVC access.
This would go directly against the statement Mark Wang, HGV President and CEO, wrote in a memo that someone posted in a Facebook group earlier this year:
HGV Max New Properties Email.jpg

Specifically, the second bullet item:
In the event a new property is developed for Hilton Grand Vacations and affiliated with the HGV Club, all HGV Club Members will have access to book a stay at the resort during the Club Reservation window.
They are re-branding the Embarc properties as HGV Club (HGVC), so it seems this statement would apply to those resorts as well. There may be some details to be worked out, but it seems that the intention is to allow all members access to all HGVC properties in the long term.

Kurt

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This would go directly against the statement Mark Wang, HGV President and CEO, wrote in a memo that someone posted in a Facebook group earlier this year:
View attachment 65154

Specifically, the second bullet item:

They are re-branding the Embarc properties as HGV Club (HGVC), so it seems this statement would apply to those resorts as well. There may be some details to be worked out, but it seems that the intention is to allow all members access to all HGVC properties in the long term.

Kurt
Not so sure. Nothing mentioned about Embarc affiliating with the HGV club.

Reactions: cd5

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Exchanging is just that - I give up a week so you can use it. As I've explained previously, the master declaration for Embarc makes it virtually impossible to change the terms of use for its members. Club Intrawest was never part of Hilton/HGVC. What was in existance prior to 2016 was simply an exchange agreement which was dissolved (by Hilton) when Diamond took over CI. Embarc members are already in what you call "a silo". They can go outside their 9 resorts only by exchanging - since the beginning. Those members that don't understand its point/trust system are more concerned about "outsiders" and the reducing of the availability even more because they think "availability" can just be opened at will to non-members, than going somewhere else. With 94% of points (94% of occupancy) sold, that's virtually every unit, for every resort and every week booked just with Embarc members. The only "wiggle room" are the 6% of points the developer owns & rents out. Apart from shoulder (low) season weeks, the most popular of the 9 resorts require booking at 11 months out to get what one wants. One can dream but the reality of what it is (unless Hilton develops more new rooms/resorts to sell) makes it unlikely that very many HGVC (or HGV) members get in unless Embarc members participate "en masse" in exchanges.
Again I ask -- how did it work back when the Club Intrawest properties could be booked directly by HGVC members (and vice versa) back before Diamond took over? How I believe it worked is just like w/ RCI exchanges -- when HGVC members use their points to book an RCI property, HGV deposits an equivalent amount of inventory to RCI. In the end, it balances out.

Why would that not work with Embarc properties? Behind the scenes, when Embarc owners use their points to book HGVC properties, an equivalent amount of inventory would be made available for HGVC members. It is not just the 6% that is the "wiggle room", it is that plus all of the equivalent inventory from Embarc members using their points to book HGVC properties.

Kurt