• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(9/6 - Still can't send a confirmation) The Vistana/Marriott Reservation System is a disaster.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Furious if you were a Maui owner but couldn't reserve at 8 months? As an owner the way I see it is there is plenty of availability for owners right up to 8 months and 1 day (for IV and OV but obviously not always OF due to the low number of units) but once the calendar hits 8 months then all the inventory is gone in minutes. For example at the moment there's lots of availability for 1/13/2023 but nothing for 1/6/2023.
If I were an owner and couldn't reserve at 12 mos I would not be happy. There does seem to be a lot of posts reflecting that. Sorry I was unclear

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I know it's just semantics, but when I hear Marriott timeshare reservations called "Bonvoy" reservations, that's like calling Vistana timeshare reservations "Starpoint" Reservations.
Well, technically Starpoints don't even exist anymore. Did Starwood Hotels ever send out a confiration from their system when you made a reservation on Vistana.com?

When you go to Marriott.com, everything is branded Marriott Bonvoy. I think though that the folks at Vistana Owner Services simply don't have access to send out confirmations with the 8 digit Marriott/Bonvoy confirmation but they can see the 8-digit number. It seems much easier to just have them give you that and then self serve from there.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
If I were an owner and couldn't reserve at 12 mos I would not be happy. There does seem to be a lot of posts reflecting that. Sorry I was unclear
My understanding was that all the problems at 12 months were related to whatever the system issues were a couple of months ago. That seems to have been 'fixed' now.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
So I called today to change the name on a reservation at WKORV (I rented my studio side July reservation, hurray!)

I got through to a human immediately, to my great surprise, and they accomplished the change. I then received two new confirmation emails, one from "Westin Vacation Club Reservations" (with the 8-digit confirmation number) and one from Vistana Signature Experiences, with the six-digit confirmation.

I also went onto Marriott.com and changed the name on the the reservation there, for good measure, as I wasn't sure the change was going to flow through and populate everywhere it should.

In the past, Vistana would request the email address for the new guest, and they'd receive a new confirmation directly, but this time they didn't want the guest's email address, which I thought was odd. Also, the confirmation from Westin Vacation Club shows the new guest name, but shows my Bonvoy number (last digits only) and status, which is kind of stupid but I guess there's nothing bad somebody can do with only a portion of my Bonvoy number.

Also, the reservation still says that there will be a $20/day charge for parking, which I believe is not true for owner reservations, regardless who is staying there. It's annoying that they put that in the confirmation. I told my renter that they shouldn't be charged for self parking and that if the resort tried to charge them, they should call me and I'd try to help sort it out.

Those of you who are more experienced at renting your owned units: have I done everything I need to do, and do I understand correctly on the parking? Do I need to call the resort a couple of days before check-in to verify that everything is ok, or can I depend on MVC/Vistana to get it right?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In the past, Vistana would request the email address for the new guest, and they'd receive a new confirmation directly, but this time they didn't want the guest's email address, which I thought was odd.

• To my knowledge, Vistana never did this. To send a confirmation directly to your guest, you had to send it yourself from your Vistana Acct.

• Please be aware that the front desk is still having problems accessing name changes in the reservation system, even if you give them the Marriott number, so if your guest calls them, they may be told they don't have a reservation.

• They won't be charged for self-parking, Marriott puts that on all confirmations.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
• To my knowledge, Vistana never did this. To send a confirmation directly to your guest, you had to send it yourself from your Vistana Acct.
Maybe I am misremembering, it's been years since I did a rental.

• Please be aware that the front desk is still having problems accessing name changes in the reservation system, even if you give them the Marriott number, so if your guest calls them, they may be told they don't have a reservation.
So are people having trouble at check-in? That's my nightmare, getting a call from a furious renter who has arrived at the resort in Maui and is being told they don't have a reservation. I guess I will try to call a couple of days ahead and make sure they have the name correctly.

• They won't be charged for self-parking, Marriott puts that on all confirmations.
That's what I thought, but it's just another example of this merger taking the user experience backwards instead of forward. At the least, they should change their email to add a line that self-parking is free on owner stays, or something like that.

At least all these things give me something to eat up time complaining about at my next owner update...

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I made a reservation at 12:01 AM ET and it worked! Also showed up in our Bonvoy account. AFAIK all in order.

I am thankful your campaign worked and got the attention of MVC management and IT to fix. I was dreading the spinning circles for 96 minutes...

Congrats. Let's hope we don't experience this again.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Two nights ago I could only find 2 bdrm Maui Nanea units in mid-late January (@8 mos). Last night could only see WKORVN studios which are what I wanted. (well would have preferred 1 bdrm, but beggars can't be choosers...)
Availability is really hit or miss, not like it was a few years ago....changing times.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Perhaps some people are still getting stuck. When I went in, I saw availability for the prior week. I decided against it because I wanted the midnight time stamp.

Also wondering if it makes a difference between Friday, Sat or Sunday check-in. Since the 12 month OF units are pretty much booked up all the time at midnight, I wonder if there are certain units that are on a Friday schedule vs. Sat or Sunday schedule and if you have great chances of a better unit on one of those days.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Perhaps some people are still getting stuck. When I went in, I saw availability for the prior week. I decided against it because I wanted the midnight time stamp.

Also wondering if it makes a difference between Friday, Sat or Sunday check-in. Since the 12 month OF units are pretty much booked up all the time at midnight, I wonder if there are certain units that are on a Friday schedule vs. Sat or Sunday schedule and if you have great chances of a better unit on one of those days.

WKORV OF does not have a Friday checkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
So WKORV only Sat, Sun? I booked WKORVN OF.

Correct - WKORV OF doesn’t have a Friday checkin (during HomeResort period of 8-12 months out)

Probably due to limit of WKORV OF villas (36 per week) compared to WKORVN

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
A few weeks ago, neither Vistana not MVC was working for me. I have not tried Vistana since then but MVC has been working for me since at least a week ago. I just checked for MOC both phases at 12 months and I saw every unit type including 2BR available. It seems like MVC has fixed the problems on their side and the problem did not last long.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Getting this fun thing again! It pops up right away when searching WKV.
1655381998108.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is anyone able to complete a search on the villa finder?
I can search SVV without the timeout, but everything else seems to fail.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It has been timing out for me for close to 24 hours. :mad:

When I called this morning, I got right through, but I think the call was outsourced to an off-shore phone service. I don't think I've seen that before with Vistana, but maybe Marriott does that?

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
I am getting the same request timeout as posted by dioxide on post #239.
Same here, two days going. Different browsers, different times, no differences. I do not see any messages on the site about maintenance or issues. What is going on?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Owners.....We Have a Problem!
I always, always have a problem with the Vistana crap website. Always and forever, never worked for me.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
DISTRACTION !!!

start another thread
Back on topic -this is about the online reservation system

I had no issue reserving (HomeResort) for WPORV

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will split it up during half-time. ;)

Dave - try reserving 6/16 Ka'anapali and see if it times out (it doesn't matter if you actually have a week available to reserve or not.)