• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC Website Reservation Tech Issues?

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
I am unable to log on as well.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Site is still down. :(

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am wondering if the Vistana inventory is being merged into the Marriott site. That would be unnecessary.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can now log onto the website, but still unable to search using points. Went to check my points balance and it looks like they cleaned up all of the "extra" rows from prior use years. However, I found an extra 2,780 points in my account. Explored more areas of the site, went back to my vacation point balance and those extra points were no longer there. Now that's unsettling! Still unable to access points reservations.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I can now log onto the website, but still unable to search using points. Went to check my points balance and it looks like they cleaned up all of the "extra" rows from prior use years. However, I found an extra 2,780 points in my account. Explored more areas of the site, went back to my vacation point balance and those extra points were no longer there. Now that's unsettling! Still unable to access points reservations.
Same thing on viewing points. Had lots of extra for a few minutes but the balances are correct now. They did combine Asia Pacific and Destination Points into one account. Haven't tried to book anything yet so hopefully will be able to combine AP/DP for reservations when needed online going forward.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
interesting to see my AP Points mergeed into my account, which is a sign that some major changes took place over the weekend. The fact that I could notice that that had happened means that I can now see my points balance for the first time in a month also, which is great!

However I cannot open the points booking page or even check points availability today, the points search times out on every attempt.... Anyone else able to check availability or make a booking?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Nope…can not book…btw…what’s AP POINTS?

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Same thing on viewing points. Had lots of extra for a few minutes but the balances are correct now. They did combine Asia Pacific and Destination Points into one account. Haven't tried to book anything yet so hopefully will be able to combine AP/DP for reservations when needed online going forward.
Hmm I have transferred AP & DP points and not differentiated now, wonder how its going to work!!

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
When I try to look at my upcoming reservations it says…Bad Request..:unsure:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they tested the software changes before deploying. I can't login again

:ROFLMAO:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they tested the software changes before deploying. I can't login again
Where's that 'laughing, crying, sad, angry' emoji anyway?!?

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to an MVC phone rep after about 30 minutes on hold. She tells me that they too cannot do any points transactions (e.g., search for availability or modify existing reservations), so that option is out as well. She said they are able to handle weeks based transactions.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I was able to log in right now but then nothing happened when I selected to book a reservation. The screen became white. Yesterday I tried logging in a few times and I got an error message saying the website had too many re-directs. This is not the case on my end so I did not understand that message.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Just spoke to an MVC phone rep after about 30 minutes on hold. She tells me that they too cannot do any points transactions (e.g., search for availability or modify existing reservations), so that option is out as well. She said they are able to handle weeks based transactions.

Absolutely crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I can log in, but I cannot do anything on the site. I cannot even see my owner number or the weeks we own.

jbeachlvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
The Suites at Eastern Slope Inn
Vistana Flex
I can log in, but I cannot do anything on the site. I cannot even see my owner number or the weeks we own.

Neither can I, since about 4/28– same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
No problem for me. I must be special or boring. :unsure:
Seriously? - if you have access when even the staff in the Marriott offices do not, you must indeed be special?! - Can you confirm you are able to make points reservations or access the points reservations screen? - this would be a very interesting datapoint when the Marriott staff themselves cannot.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
In other related news, the Asia Pacific website which had been working perfectly (and much more quickly than the plain old vacationclub.com site) up to last Friday is now broken in the same way as the main website, I no longer have access to historical transactions or my current reservations made using AP Points on that site - now getting an error instead, just like has been happening on the Main website for ages now.

SkyBornDancer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Site not working for me as of 2pm EST either. I can log in, but when I try to do things I get "Due to maintenance, this area of the Web site is unavailable."

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
friend of mine has been trying to check availability and hasn't been able to get in all day

jeff76543

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "planned maintenance" apology is back up again on the MVC website, explaining why it is not possible to log in. Someone didn't plan very well - or at all...