• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Airbnb & Wyndham Targeting Wyndham Timeshare Owners Who Rent on the AIRBNB Platform

Reaction score
I think Wyndham employees running businesses is a strange allegation to make. Understandable that they would see what is going on with mega renters and wanting a piece of that pie, but Wyndham wouldn't be okay with them doing that. I don't know if this is just a conspiracy theory or if Wyndham employees are exempt from the current rules or what is going on, but I am not believing it.
This allegation is real and in the coming months I will reveal names

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that's a little on the paranoid side. Thank goodness this is an anonymous forum.

Maybe that person was paranoid, who knows ...I think what they were trying to say is it is not an anonymous forum...And claimed that this came from with in Wyndham...

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
This allegation is real and in the coming months I will reveal names

That should be interesting... What I think happened is these employees were so embedded in the business Wyndham gave them a way out before making all the changes... This is just my opinion, though..

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe that person was paranoid, who knows ...I think what they were trying to say is it is not an anonymous forum...And claimed that this came from with in Wyndham...

Definitely, the admins run this site for the benefit of Wyndham. They share free and copious advice to rescind developer purchases, many of them from Wyndham, and then turn in your name to Wyndham as a renter or complainer.

Reaction score
You have a source for this information? Wyndham employees buying resales for themselves or are they buying for Wyndham? It makes no sense that Wyndham would buy anything as they can take back for free with thier exit program. It also is more profitable for Wyndham if they sell it at $200/1000 points.
One individual is a director of sales for Wyndham and buys on Ebay and adds upwards of 10 + names to the deed. You know damn well this individual is renting. Another employee in sales for Wyndham is buying resale Points and flipping them to potential Wyndham Buyers that have toured, want into the program but will not pay the high prices Wyndham pitched.
Apparently, Wyndham doesn't pay well..lol

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm with you, and I think there's a new member of my Ignore List...

He's kind of thin on bona fides. Three dozen posts and some of them were five or six one-liners in succession when one would have been sufficient. Many allegations, not much back up.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Reaction score
He's kind of thin on bona fides. Three dozen posts and some of them were five or six one-liners in succession when one would have been sufficient. Many allegations, not much back up.

That's funny because I read the majority of the posts on here about Mega Renters that I know & have relationships with and the information posted is no accurate

KimmieM

Reaction score
That's funny because I read the majority of the posts on here about Mega Renters that I know & have relationships with and the information posted is no accurate
Mega renters I hear have been squeezed out recently with the new changes. The resale points used with VIP benefits had to be a game changer. The black out dates for GC's on holiday weekends also was a game changer as a few here have discussed.

Reaction score
More resorts coming

Tue, Dec 6, 4:25 PM (22 hours ago)
to me

Airbnb
gqG3zZF-3lVEn3e6tr1ssNKMUDRGQgQPGAkCyjPb2Ahw5TI1wW8J3-Yu9UlH0LMahOfq1cipuOLRa5z00KyQ4U-fre2wI_HONX51_10yiiK889kjzqJmQKHiYD9A7hFZaPb5wxJc_1xItzWI8r6iWZlONmpM9k6Lu_ji_S9HvA=s0-d-e1-ft
Your building welcomes hosting on Airbnb!
Club Wyndham Ocean Boulevard is partnering with Airbnb and residents like you to support hosting in your building. To continue hosting, you must accept Airbnb’s Resident Hosting program hosting terms and agree to your building’s community rules. When you accept the program terms and agree to your building’s rules, your building will be able to review your listing and may require you to make changes to your listing or fulfill additional requirements to continue to host. Your building can pause your listing, which will keep guests from being able to book, until you’ve made requested changes or taken additional steps they require.

Reaction score
Thu, Dec 1, 12:23 PM (6 days ago)
to me

Airbnb
gqG3zZF-3lVEn3e6tr1ssNKMUDRGQgQPGAkCyjPb2Ahw5TI1wW8J3-Yu9UlH0LMahOfq1cipuOLRa5z00KyQ4U-fre2wI_HONX51_10yiiK889kjzqJmQKHiYD9A7hFZaPb5wxJc_1xItzWI8r6iWZlONmpM9k6Lu_ji_S9HvA=s0-d-e1-ft
Your building welcomes hosting on Airbnb!
Club Wyndham Towers on the Grove is partnering with Airbnb and residents like you to support hosting in your building. To continue hosting, you must accept Airbnb’s Resident Hosting program hosting terms and agree to your building’s community rules. When you accept the program terms and agree to your building’s rules, your building will be able to review your listing and may require you to make changes to your listing or fulfill additional requirements to continue to host. Your building can pause your listing, which will keep guests from being able to book, until you’ve made requested changes or taken additional steps they require.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Airbnb
Your building welcomes hosting on Airbnb!​
Club Wyndham Insert Name Here is partnering with Airbnb and residents like you to support hosting in your building. To continue hosting, you must accept Airbnb’s Resident Hosting program hosting terms and agree to your building’s community rules. When you accept the program terms and agree to your building’s rules, your building will be able to review your listing and may require you to make changes to your listing or fulfill additional requirements to continue to host. Your building can pause your listing, which will keep guests from being able to book, until you’ve made requested changes or taken additional steps they require.

Snippy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
deleted

Last edited: