• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mid August update (downtime *early* Wednesday night)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'll add the email confirmation VIP status issue to our content management sheet section for follow up.

I think that one is more of a feature than a bug. It was for a resale booking; the ones I have for developer bookings showed VIPG status at the top.

I mentioned one other possible issue in the thread on RCI issues - it no longer reflect the ability for me to use an instant search and book using my developer points.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that one is more of a feature than a bug. It was for a resale booking; the ones I have for developer bookings showed VIPG status at the top.

I mentioned one other possible issue in the thread on RCI issues - it no longer reflect the ability for me to use an instant search and book using my developer points.
I also have a hybrid account. VIPP. Although I did not book, RCI allowed me to instant search and pick a room. It showed me my available Wyndham points.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Correct - the issue of not being able to borrow from the developer points bucket remains outstanding, along with the resale ARP booking issue. I'll add the email confirmation VIP status issue to our content management sheet section for follow up.
Sorry if I'm not understanding (if it's about RCI just ignore me). For a reservation window in the express booking window, I am able to borrow developer points from next year.

In terms of the issues with the site, I don't know if it's been formally noted - although I've seen mention here or on FB - some erratic / can't reproduce yet behavior yet. Randomly getting logged off, sometimes see nothing in transaction history or upcoming reservations (it'll say I don't have any). Sometimes wonder if that lovely popup suggesting we use the online system instead of calling is part of the issue (that also pops up randomly and sometimes hangs things).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Sorry if I'm not understanding (if it's about RCI just ignore me). For a reservation window in the express booking window, I am able to borrow developer points from next year.

In terms of the issues with the site, I don't know if it's been formally noted - although I've seen mention here or on FB - some erratic / can't reproduce yet behavior yet. Randomly getting logged off, sometimes see nothing in transaction history or upcoming reservations (it'll say I don't have any). Sometimes wonder if that lovely popup suggesting we use the online system instead of calling is part of the issue (that also pops up randomly and sometimes hangs things).

I believe the issue was that you can't actually borrow developer points to complete a resale transaction, which is one thing we were told we could do in the original email and on the web site important information section. At least that's what I had reported to @HitchHiker71. When you were able to borrow developer points from next year, was it for a developer transaction or a resale transaction?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I believe the issue was that you can't actually borrow developer points to complete a resale transaction, which is one thing we were told we could do in the original email and on the web site important information section. At least that's what I had reported to @HitchHiker71. When you were able to borrow developer points from next year, was it for a developer transaction or a resale transaction?
Sorry for any confusion, I was borrowing developer points for a transaction using (and short) of developer points. (I've not seen the ability to mix the two).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

That's correct, per the highlighted bullet point in the screenshot from website based Important Information section below. It doesn't say anywhere that this only applies to the Express Window for example, but perhaps that's an assumption baked into the statement that isn't obvious. If so, and this option only applies to the Express Window - I cannot test this theory as I currently have zero CUY resale points. Anyone else care to test this theory?

1630349154519.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Got a bit of an update from Wyndham today from the items I've submitted via email (in other words not the entire list of items in our sheet).

Items currently under review:
  • Unable to make a reservation in the ARP window. Showing zero points available when points are available
  • How housekeeping credits are now being calculated
  • Resale available points showing a different amount then what is showing in points summary for a future use year

To the best of my understanding the two bolded items above should now be resolved. I'm still not sure about the HK credit issue though - since I'm VIP it's harder to determine really. Updated mid-August feature release issue tracking list screenshots below for reference:

1632170477064.png

1632170427040.png

As always - if we're missing any items - please post them in reply to this thread.

Attachments

• 1632170294634.png
    1632170294634.png
    498.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 1632170319105.png
    1632170319105.png
    447.7 KB · Views: 11

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
@HitchHiker71, I don’t see this one in there.

PROBLEM STATEMENT: When using the online PDF function, non-VIP owners without a calendar based Jan-Dec use year do not see the expected two future use years to choose from when selecting a FUY for deposit purposes. This issue impacts the following UY owners: Apr-Mar, Jul-Jun, Oct-Sep. All non-VIP owners with non-calendar based UYs only see the immediate FUY and not the FUY beyond that year. For example, an owner in CUY 2021 with a Jun-Jul UY, attempts to use the PDF function to move points ahead to FUY 2023. Only FUY 2022 is displayed as an option, FUY 2023 does not appear as a valid option (and it should).

Does this accurately capture the reported issue?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the best of my understanding the two bolded items above should now be resolved. I'm still not sure about the HK credit issue though - since I'm VIP it's harder to determine really. Updated mid-August feature release issue tracking list screenshots below for reference:

View attachment 40157

View attachment 40156

As always - if we're missing any items - please post them in reply to this thread.

Tested the ARP using my resale Bali Hai and it would have let me book a stay. I didn't feel like paying the $19 for an RT, so I didn't go through with it.

To see if it reflected the proper resale FUY balance, I tested in SRP using my resale Bali Hai, for which I have 127K points next year. I looked at Bali Hai availability in April and could have booked a stay for up to 161,500 points by renting the remaining points, but for a stay requiring 185,500 points or higher "Something Unexpected" happens. I believe this is due to the limitation to the final day of booking for rental points in SRP, which would have been 41,500 (I was short 34,500 for the first case) or 45,500 (short 58,500 for the second case), so I believe this is working as it should - it also displayed the correct point availability for the first case. The system seemed to work properly in the ERP, but I couldn't really test it as I have a lot more EOYO points and couldn't find a stay expensive enough to challenge my resale ownership limit for renting resale points.

One potential Enhancement Request would be to return a specific error statement that "Rental points needed for this booking exceed the cost of the final night" rather than "Something unexpected just happened". This is something I should have expected, after all, but I shouldn't have had to waste a couple of minutes figuring out why I couldn't book that stay. IMHO, enhancing the system to return specific error statements would provide a better customer experience.

A second potential Enhancement Request would be to include both Resale and Developer Rental Points benefits in the Benefits Summary pages, including the FUY ones. The current system set up only shows the Rental Points benefit on the display for the CUY when it is selected and that benefit is listed in an amount that seems to match the developer point ownership total with no display of the corresponding resale point ownership.

I also note that the Rental Points benefit is improperly described in the member's directory on page 249 as a per reservation limit rather than an annual limit, which is strongly implied in the example provided there and demonstrated in the display similar to how the remaining annual benefits are displayed (xxx,xxx/xxx,xxx). I've copied the discussion from the directory below for reference. If they really want to limit annual rental points to the annual ownership allocation, they should edit the bulleted item to state that "Rental points in a Use Year are limited to your annual ownership allocation excluding points associated with Bonus and PIC contracts" and add a separate bulleted item for rentals in ERP stating that "When confirming an Express Reservation, 3 months or less prior to check-in, you may rent up to the amount needed for the stay." Based on the way it is implemented, I believe that their intent is to limit total rental point usage, including SRP and ERP stays, to the ownership allocation, but the guidelines they have in place don't really say that.

• When confirming an Express Reservation, 3 months or less prior to check-in, you may rent up to the amount of points you receive for your annual ownership allocation excluding points associated with Bonus and PIC contracts.
    EXAMPLE: If you receive 154,000 points each Use Year, you may rent up to 154,000 points each calendar year.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
@HitchHiker71, I don’t see this one in there.

PROBLEM STATEMENT: When using the online PDF function, non-VIP owners without a calendar based Jan-Dec use year do not see the expected two future use years to choose from when selecting a FUY for deposit purposes. This issue impacts the following UY owners: Apr-Mar, Jul-Jun, Oct-Sep. All non-VIP owners with non-calendar based UYs only see the immediate FUY and not the FUY beyond that year. For example, an owner in CUY 2021 with a Jun-Jul UY, attempts to use the PDF function to move points ahead to FUY 2023. Only FUY 2022 is displayed as an option, FUY 2023 does not appear as a valid option (and it should).

Does this accurately capture the reported issue?

Added.