• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mid August update (downtime *early* Wednesday night)

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
It does sound like you're not seeing what you would expect to see on the Benefits Summary page - so I'll still capture this issue into our current sheet since it is Benefits Summary related.
Thank you! Yes, I agree.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Got a bit of an update from Wyndham today from the items I've submitted via email (in other words not the entire list of items in our sheet).

Items to be addressed in the next unplanned sprint release - likely by end of this week:
  • Benefits Summary page not defaulting to the current use year
  • Unable to proceed to booking after doing a resort monthly availability search, infinite spinner
Items currently under review:
  • Unable to make a reservation in the ARP window. Showing zero points available when points are available
  • How housekeeping credits are now being calculated
  • Resale available points showing a different amount then what is showing in points summary for a future use year

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is still an issue. I think this predates the recent changes and I believe it has something to do with a Use Year of Oct-Sep. I do not have any resale contracts. I have never been able to book at 11 month RARP without calling (and have never used the 11 month RARP therefor). The Benefits Summary page highlighted the issue for me as I expected to see VIP RARP on that page and did not. I do see a CWP RARP category but that is due to 1 of my contracts having RARP at The Avenue.

I have the same use year as you, and don't see the VIP RARP either. I also have a CWP RARP category from one of my contracts. I have both retail and resale contracts.

I have been able to use my VIP RARP online without any problems. There is no indication that I am using one of my VIP RARPs when I book. What happens if you try to make a reservation for July 2022?

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
I have the same use year as you, and don't see the VIP RARP either. I also have a CWP RARP category from one of my contracts. I have both retail and resale contracts.

I have been able to use my VIP RARP online without any problems. There is no indication that I am using one of my VIP RARPs when I book. What happens if you try to make a reservation for July 2022?
It seems like our accounts are very similar (other than you having resale and I don't).

I need to try making a VIP RARP reservation again in a more organized fashion. I'm pretty sure I tried making a Newport reservation that was a little over 10 months out and could not but was able to when I moved it closer to within the 10 month mark but I could be mistaken.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems like our accounts are very similar (other than you having resale and I don't).

I need to try making a VIP RARP reservation again in a more organized fashion. I'm pretty sure I tried making a Newport reservation that was a little over 10 months out and could not but was able to when I moved it closer to within the 10 month mark but I could be mistaken.

There are some seasonal/event weeks/prime time limitations on RARP. I don't recall for certain, but I think that summer in Newport might be among the restricted times.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The complimentary developer points were deposited in my account as a goodwill award last night. I'm VIPG and it was 35% of my average annual resale ownership (i.e., the annual amount plus half the biannual amount) as expected.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
The complimentary developer points were deposited in my account as a goodwill award last night. I'm VIPG and it was 35% of my average annual resale ownership (i.e., the annual amount plus half the biannual amount) as expected.
Developer points for UY2022 were added to my account as well - VIPS, 25% of my resale contract.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
The 50% of resale has been added to the 2022 UY developer bucket.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It doesn't really make a difference to me since I have unlimited developer housekeeping, but the additional points didn't come with an additional HK despite being enough to do so. The only benefits that were associated with these points are use in CWP, use in Club Pass, and use in RCI. My guess is that they also didn't come with an additional reservation transaction credit, but I can't really confirm that as they aren't displayed anywhere for me due to unlimited for VIPG. Nothing terribly surprising, but confirms for me how goodwill points work in the system just as points you can use without the additional benefits.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also received my goodwill points... Because I called and stated that there were too many resale in my account than I own (the way they allocated points balance and reservations ) for 2022.. My account was adjusted to reflect the proper resale but they never put the points back into developer... Every time I call my account gets messed up... Even more... This was done sometime yesterday before goodwill points were added...

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I picked up 400,000 developer points in the last day or two.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My resale points still show up as developer points, so I assume that's why I didn't receive complementary points. Last week l notified the hotline of the problem to no avail. I'll send an email this week to document the issue so it doesn't blow back on me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

How exactly do the complimentary points display? Are they reflected as goodwill points in your Tx history for example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Goodwill

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I picked up 400,000 developer points in the last day or two.

I just confirmed I received 240,975 goodwill points - it displays in my FUY bucket as a Developer goodwill transaction. That’s exactly 35% of my resale owned points. We are VIPG so it matches our VIP points discount window percentage as expected.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It doesn't really make a difference to me since I have unlimited developer housekeeping, but the additional points didn't come with an additional HK despite being enough to do so. The only benefits that were associated with these points are use in CWP, use in Club Pass, and use in RCI. My guess is that they also didn't come with an additional reservation transaction credit, but I can't really confirm that as they aren't displayed anywhere for me due to unlimited for VIPG. Nothing terribly surprising, but confirms for me how goodwill points work in the system just as points you can use without the additional benefits.

Good point. Do bonus point contracts receive additional HK/RT usually? I had bonus points up through 9/2020 but I was VIPP so as you said I didn’t really care and therefore didn’t pay any attention to the HK/RT balances.

VacayKat

Reaction score
I just confirmed I received 240,975 goodwill points - it displays in my FUY bucket as a Developer goodwill transaction. That’s exactly 35% of my resale owned points. We are VIPG so it matches our VIP points discount window percentage as expected.
60% added. Still showing more resale than should be. Exact opposite problem of @55plus - they’re still “looking into it” weeks later. Not holding out hope at this point that they will do what is right. Really don’t want these ‘goodwill’ points. Feels like hush-money.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free points are free points, so use them wisely. It's like money on the bank. By Wyndham doing this everyone comes out ahead whether or not points were assigned where you wanted them assigned.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good point. Do bonus point contracts receive additional HK/RT usually? I had bonus points up through 9/2020 but I was VIPP so as you said I didn’t really care and therefore didn’t pay any attention to the HK/RT balances.

I'm not positive how bonus point contracts are treated as I don't have any left. I would think that they get RTs and HKs because they are points you own per a contract rather than points granted through goodwill. Anyone else have an active bonus contract that can comment?

VacayKat

Reaction score
I'm not positive how bonus point contracts are treated as I don't have any left. I would think that they get RTs and HKs because they are points you own per a contract rather than points granted through goodwill. Anyone else have an active bonus contract that can comment?
They do not - but only can confirm for VIP status With unlimited HK and RT

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Got a bit of an update from Wyndham today from the items I've submitted via email (in other words not the entire list of items in our sheet).

Items to be addressed in the next unplanned sprint release - likely by end of this week:
  • Benefits Summary page not defaulting to the current use year
  • Unable to proceed to booking after doing a resort monthly availability search, infinite spinner
Items currently under review:
  • Unable to make a reservation in the ARP window. Showing zero points available when points are available
  • How housekeeping credits are now being calculated
  • Resale available points showing a different amount then what is showing in points summary for a future use year

The two bolded/underlined items above were rolled out late last week as planned. I can now use the monthly availability calendar to book using resale points (non-ARP) without getting the infinite spinner. My Benefits Summary is also now defaulting to my current use year - although specific to my account I still have an issue as my current use year is not set correctly - but that's my problem to now resolve. I'm following up on the three outstanding items there were still under review for a status update.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The two bolded/underlined items above were rolled out late last week as planned. I can now use the monthly availability calendar to book using resale points (non-ARP) without getting the infinite spinner. My Benefits Summary is also now defaulting to my current use year - although specific to my account I still have an issue as my current use year is not set correctly - but that's my problem to now resolve. I'm following up on the three outstanding items there were still under review for a status update.

Took a look and the Benefits Summary page does appear to default to the earliest "Current Use Year" now; for me that is a bonus contract use year that will run out soon (9/30/21). Once the bonus contract runs out, hopefully I can get them to remove those years as my account was realigned to January for a start when I added some resale EOY contracts. I wouldn't strike this one off the list yet, though - the current year is still labeled as a "Future Use Year" on the drop down and if you select a different one then go back to the original default one it is labeled as a "Future Use Year" when selected. Doesn't really effect the usability, but seems to be poorly labeled.

I checked and can also make a resale booking from the availability calendar now, though I still can't borrow from developer points to complete one in excess of the FUY resale points available. It would let me rent points, though, to complete the final day of the reservation. I noticed that the confirmation email I got doesn't have the VIPG marking either; hadn't noticed that last time I checked about being able to book resale after the change.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Took a look and the Benefits Summary page does appear to default to the earliest "Current Use Year" now; for me that is a bonus contract use year that will run out soon (9/30/21). Once the bonus contract runs out, hopefully I can get them to remove those years as my account was realigned to January for a start when I added some resale EOY contracts. I wouldn't strike this one off the list yet, though - the current year is still labeled as a "Future Use Year" on the drop down and if you select a different one then go back to the original default one it is labeled as a "Future Use Year" when selected. Doesn't really effect the usability, but seems to be poorly labeled.

Yes - I've already reported this exact issue of my real CUY displaying as a FUY in the list as of this morning. For reasons I cannot explain - my CUY is set to a use year that spans from 1/1/2021 to 12/31/2022 - though my bonus points contract expired on 9/30/2020 - so it's not a bonus point contract issue. I had a major account re-alignment done when my NH resale contract came into my account - so I likely need to request an account audit to get things fixed - but I'm not going to request that right now as I'm concerned about more unintended consequences of any audit given all of the recent changes in flight.

I checked and can also make a resale booking from the availability calendar now, though I still can't borrow from developer points to complete one in excess of the FUY resale points available. It would let me rent points, though, to complete the final day of the reservation. I noticed that the confirmation email I got doesn't have the VIPG marking either; hadn't noticed that last time I checked about being able to book resale after the change.

Correct - the issue of not being able to borrow from the developer points bucket remains outstanding, along with the resale ARP booking issue. I'll add the email confirmation VIP status issue to our content management sheet section for follow up.