• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Cases Are Accelerating Across U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Reaction score
Ironically this just popped up on my Facebook page.

but there is a reason for the rise in coronavirus in Texas and Arizona

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/14/8767...-coronavirus-cases-to-end-of-stay-at-home-ord

"Public health experts agree: The timing of this spike reflects the state's reopening."

tex.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e-updates-us/#link-BIOWM35WWVCT7EZ5C3QKKKX6OA

Last edited by a moderator:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My CCRC in Fort Worth, TX which had just started to carefully open up has reverted back to "Lockdown" Status this time with masks mandatory. I'm not sure anymore if I will live to see this end...

The good news is that none of our 400+ residents have been infected with the virus...

George

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
@bogey21 Keep the faith! It sounds like you live in a very well-administered CCRC and that makes me happy. Are you able to get outside at all with the reverted lockdown status?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
@bogey21 Keep the faith! It sounds like you live in a very well-administered CCRC and that makes me happy. Are you able to get outside at all with the reverted lockdown status?
Those of us with cars can go when and where we please. I'm actually surprised they allow this. If no car, Residents are allowed to walk around the perimeter of the facility but in reality we have a better alternative. We have a very large internal open air picnic like area which I use a lot to stretch out and get some sunshine...

George

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those of us with cars can go when and where we please. I'm actually surprised they allow this. If no car, Residents are allowed to walk around the perimeter of the facility but in reality we have a better alternative. We have a very large internal open air picnic like area which I use a lot to stretch out and get some sunshine...

George
That's wonderful. My mother lives in a place that sounds similar to yours. She lives in Assisted Living (no longer drives). She had a couple of doc appointments that were fairly routine in nature outside of her CCRC in the next couple of weeks. We were told by the director of the CCRC that if she went to those appointments she would be in a 14 day quarantine in her room. We collectively decided to cancel those appointments. She can currently leave her suite to walk the hallways and we don't want that physical activity be taken away. Lots of decisions....

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Brett

Reaction score

George

good
my mother is in a memory care unit and they only allow visits with supervised social distancing in the garden patio area

Brett

Reaction score
Both could be right. It could be a combination of spread possibilities.

There probably is a "spread of possibilities"
But more to the point - (now I see my prior post has been edited ! :()

Where does a person get their news?
Do you get your news from an opinion commentator in your Facebook "news" feed?
or is it from WSJ, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.
or a 24/7 news cable show

Where you get your "news" results in your version / opinion of 'truthfulness' of the news!

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Maybe angry should read...I will wear a mask. The empirical satistics actual prove masks to be about useless. Why? Probably because there is zero way to test one method against another. And actually the same data says separation did not slow the spread. Data from this world. Not sorry fror asking questons or having a different opinion.

Not sure what empirical statistics you're reading, but the actual scientific research studies that are highly regarded, trusted, and recognized by stalwarts in the field of epidemiology are NOT proving masks to be useless......so frankly your conclusion is absurd.
I've seen studies that conclude just the opposite, and I personally know people who do research and guess what they do?
They go home wearing masks.
Try to be a front-line physician or nurse and state something like that and you'd be fired before your next sentence.
Of course those that set out to disprove something usually do.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
There probably is a "spread of possibilities"
But more to the point - (now I see my prior post has been edited ! :()

Where does a person get their news?
Do you get your news from an opinion commentator in your Facebook "news" feed?
or is it from WSJ, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.
or a 24/7 news cable show

Where you get your "news" results in your version / opinion of 'truthfulness' of the news!

How does one know that <any> of the sources are "truthful"?

What is the difference between today's "opinion commentator" and yesterday's "investigative journalist"?

Ever watch "His Girl Friday"? Watch the newsroom reporters take the same facts and report totally different stories, <none> of which reflect the the sum of all the facts.
(It's Public Domain - ought to be on YouTube, or some where. . . ) And that was filmed in 1940. The more things change, the more they stay the same. . .

Brett

Reaction score
How does one know that <any> of the sources are "truthful"?

What is the difference between today's "opinion commentator" and yesterday's "investigative journalist"?

Ever watch "His Girl Friday"? Watch the newsroom reporters take the same facts and report totally different stories, <none> of which reflect the the sum of all the facts.
(It's Public Domain - ought to be on YouTube, or some where. . . ) And that was filmed in 1940. The more things change, the more they stay the same. . .

There is a difference in information coming from the Wall Street Journal that has 2,000 reporters in 85 countries
and a celebrity hollywood :censored: lawyer with "news" in a Facebook news feed.
people want to believe their version of the 'news' that fits their own personal belief system. The internet and social media has made that process much easier

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Here are the 3 graphs. I guess by positive they mean the graphs are going up. Or what am I missing. Today Fl is seeing 8942 new cases. :eek:
1593192314245.png

1593192350380.png

1593192378541.png

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
And then there is this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbr...ith-massive-single-day-increase/#175ce3a2bed5

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a difference in information coming from the Wall Street Journal that has 2,000 reporters in 85 countries
and a celebrity hollywood :censored: lawyer with "news" in a Facebook news feed.
people want to believe their version of the 'news' that fits their own personal belief system. The internet and social media has made that process much easier

You have left out "life experience". I would stack my knowledge of Micro/Molecular biology against the majority of those 2,000 WSJ reporters. (I have a degree in the subject (including epidemiology, virology, various biochemistry studies, pathological micro, microbial genetics, ect.))

Furthermore, I was born and raised in South Texas. I had a first hand seat at the cross border healthcare flows during the 1982 and 1994 peso collapses. Plus I had colleagues who lived in the Rio Grande valley and one has retired there. Going across the border (both ways) for just about anything, as day trips, is a common practice.

Finally, consider the following. Why did New York City get hit so hard initially? Could it be that the early stage hotspots in Europe, were flying into NYC? After all, NYC is a the most common arrival point into the US from Europe, is it not? Of course, if that was the case, how did the virus become so prevalent in the early European hotspots? (I leave that research as an exercise for the student.)

Does this mean I am parroting some "celebrity hollywood :censored: lawyer" or that I had already come to the same conclusion independently, based on my early training and life experience?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My mother... had a couple of doc appointments that were fairly routine in nature outside of her CCRC in the next couple of weeks. We were told by the director of the CCRC that if she went to those appointments she would be in a 14 day quarantine in her room.

This makes no sense to me. Doctor Offices are probably one of the safest places one can go. Our CCRC Drivers will take us to and bring us back from routine Doctor appointments. There is no quarantine upon our return....

George

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't be spending any time on this, but just a very cursory look at some of the numbers in the Horowitz report.

Four counties are highlighted toward the beginning of the article. Two of them adjoin Mexico. The total number of cases from those two counties are 468 and 176. Go north to the next two counties listed and the total number of cases are 1,587 and 37,135 (Maricopa County, Phoenix). Apparently we are to believe a whole lot of cross border Mexicans are being taken north to the Phoenix hospitals and the governor is unaware of how these transplants are swelling the state's numbers.

The next graphic (very large) shows that half of the hospitalizations in Imperial County, California are Hispanic. (No claim that these are Mexicans who recently crossed the border, but just Hispanic.) Imperial County population 174,528, cases to date 5,192; so this illustrates how the numbers of cases in California are due to Mexicans crossing the border. Los Angeles population 3,010,232, cases to date 91,529.

Can you imagine if the NYT, the Washington Post, or the Wall Street Journal were to present statistics in this way? Wow!!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else read about what a county in Oregon thought about allowing a group of people not wear masks? How do people in office come up with these decisions and think 1 they are good and 2 that they will fly.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The case numbers in Florida are really shocking.
Lee County's case count is up 37% in 7 days.
Collier County's case count is up 26% in 7 days.

Even loan sharks don't charge more than 10 to 20 percent a week.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The case numbers in Florida are really shocking.
Lee County's case count is up 37% in 7 days.
Collier County's case count is up 26% in 7 days.

Even loan sharks don't charge more than 10 to 20 percent a week.
How are the cities of Miami and Orlando doing in the Covid -19 case count?

Status
Not open for further replies.