• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronavirus Cases Are Accelerating Across U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Reaction score

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I believe that initially the Medical Community thought Covid19 was more of a contact disease - don't touch your face, wipe everything down, etc. They have since decided it is spread more by small droplets in the air.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
so true:

"Without Sweden and a few similar outliers, it would be far easier for central planners to say, Sure, lockdowns were harsh and destructive. But we had no choice. "

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Good video and interesting research. I’ve been following some journals on this.

Still too early to tell how/if it’s going to be effective on COVID-19.

And then there is this:

From one end to the other.....

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Ralph Sir Edward I listened to both those today. I really like how he breaks down the research and pathophysiology of why it would work or not. I also listen to the Osterholm update. It was really good this week on schools opening.
My response was in reference to mask wearing in general. The main argument has always been that Fauci “made a mistake” in saying not to wear masks. If you place his statement in context with what was going on at the time, you will remember there was a shortage of surgical/N95 masks. This was created by national panic buying by individuals who thought they would be better “protected”, leaving little to none for healthcare providers.
ok STILL doesn't explain why cloth face coverings weren't good enough then...
"He also acknowledged that masks were initially not recommended to the general public so that first responders wouldn’t feel the strain of a shortage of PPE."

Yes, govt is stupid, don't ever believe anything they say.:rolleyes: It's a new virus and people were learning new information. Even though masks are now recommended many people still object. Next time we have a novel virus pandemic we will put you and Danny in charge and it will be perfectly run.
See above. It was never about "new information" it was about misinformation.

But Danny-it's not a covid death! The extra few million world wide who will succumb to starvation or other opportunistic diseases before this year is even out (not to mention the increase in easily preventable childhood diseases due to super delayed vaccinations around the world) just get dismissed.
But seriously-this is why politicians need to step the heck back, get REAL experts from all areas (doctors/HCW frontline and research experts, business leaders, economists, community leaders etc) to be on a task force to guide the way forward. You cannot just have ONE aspect or the response is so lopsided there WILL be backlash/severe consequences.

travelpager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana: WKV (AZ); SVV-Bella (FL); WRV (CO); some SheratonFlex
Mid-pandemic, US hospitals are directed to start reporting certain Covid19-related data to HHS instead of CDC.
This worries me. :( CDC will have access to HHS Protect, but I find the timing and the actual policy decision troubling at best.
I wish the vendor contract to administer the database for HHS had followed a competitive bidding process, but the "new" reporting protocol is by far the bigger issue.

[The (hyperlinked) sentence is my wording. I don't swear by the source, Modern Healthcare, but the key facts in the piece are confirmed or disproved easily enough. Reference to the no-bid vendor contract hyperlinks to a different source.]

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

USA! USA! USA! Yeah! Now that's what I call Freedom! We don't need no stinkin Masks! :cautious: :wall: :doh::ponder::eek:o_O Beating a dead horse!
How could we keep drinking the koolaid if we had to wear masks? ☠️

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a good map from Harvard.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
@Monykalyn that’s a good question. I, like yourself, am perplexed.

I do remember quite a bit of discussion on the matter, and there still are a lot of questions on effectiveness, but I think we’ve gotten to a “better than nothing “stage.

Limiting/eliminating contagious aerosolized droplets is the goal. What we are seeing this virus do in younger/healthy patients is beyond disturbing. And even more so in the at risk population.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't know why I am bothering to close this thread, but it's off the rails, again.
I will be glad when you guys go back to work and get a life - some of you are completely obsessed with this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.