• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kudos to HGVC

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must say I'm very impressed with HGVC constant updates/communication with COVID, not to mention what they are actually DOING.

They could've literally screwed us, but they didn't (IMO).

Proud owner of HGV (resale).

SteveDavis

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just curious. How are they keeping you updated? Regular emails?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Emails and updates on the club website. While we just canceled our June trip to Ocean 22, I appreciate all they are doing in regards to the pandemic. The way they are handling the points, fees and cleaning is exceptional. Closing the resorts to keep us safe and training their staff has been great. The supply of masks and gloves to their staff is commendable as well. Many businesses aren’t doing that and it helps both the customer and staff.

Very happy with HGVC and would like to purchase more resale points in the near future.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Out of the three system I have HGVC has been the most flexible and the most communicative.

Wyndham has been a medium. They extended banking, but as a VIPP it didn't impact me, but I appreciated their effort.

HICV has sent 1 email so far. They have done nothing about extending points.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been getting emails on what is going on. I got one today, 12 May, on what they are doing to protect owners when they start opening up resorts again.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I haven't received any emails from HGVC, but then again I own an affiliate and don't have any reservations.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I haven't received any emails from HGVC, but then again I own an affiliate and don't have any reservations.

I own an affiliate, do not have any reservations and I am getting all the HGVC e-mails. However, a few weeks ago I tried logging into HGVC and it said I had no accounts. I was able to log in it but just didn't show that I was an HGVC member. I then checked my e-mails and noticed that for the prior 60 days or so I had received no HGVC e-mails. I called HGVC and after playing around on their end the rep said that my HH number was no longer listed in the profile. Apparently, it is needed to link the HGVC to my login info. He added it back and since then all is good. All I know is that I never deleted the HH number so there must have been some hiccup with the HGVC system. My suggestion - login to HGVC. If you get the same issue as I did call HGVC. Otherwise, check your "manage communications" settings in your profile.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I own an affiliate, do not have any reservations and I am getting all the HGVC e-mails. However, a few weeks ago I tried logging into HGVC and it said I had no accounts. I was able to log in it but just didn't show that I was an HGVC member. I then checked my e-mails and noticed that for the prior 60 days or so I had received no HGVC e-mails. I called HGVC and after playing around on their end the rep said that my HH number was no longer listed in the profile. Apparently, it is needed to link the HGVC to my login info. He added it back and since then all is good. All I know is that I never deleted the HH number so there must have been some hiccup with the HGVC system. My suggestion - login to HGVC. If you get the same issue as I did call HGVC. Otherwise, check your "manage communications" settings in your profile.
Thx! I checked my communication settings, and had it on print only. So I changed it to email & print option.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Still waiting to hear if they're going to give any relief for limits on 2020 points.
They could cite the "accommodations unavailability" clause to say "No dice,"
but given their track record so far, they'll prolly do somethin'.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still waiting to hear if they're going to give any relief for limits on 2020 points.
They could cite a the "accommodations unavailability" clause to say "No dice,"
but given their track record so far, they'll prolly do somethin'.

We just canceled our 3 bedroom at Ocean 22 next month, so we have 7000 points that will need to be bumped to next year.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just canceled our 3 bedroom at Ocean 22 next month, so we have 7000 points that will need to be bumped to next year.

Were these using saved 2019 points? If so (or if one has paid for saving) this is supposed to happen automagically.

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Were these using saved 2019 points? If so (or if one has paid for saving) this is supposed to happen automagically.

Cheers.

No, they are a combo of 2020 and 2021 points. I need to save them before the 31st. I used 2021 points as my free points holder. If we only take what we have planned now, We might lose 2020 points at the end of next year.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... If we only take what we have planned now, We might lose 2020 points at the end of next year.

I recently booked a trip for mid-December (Park City, UT), and still had some 2020 points.
I waited for HGVC to extend the points, but booked a trip for 2021 via RCI (Lido Key, FL).
Thus, it soaked up the 2020 points w-no save fee.