• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana into Marriott II exchanges cost now $154

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked, the exchanges cost Vistana into Marriott dropped to $154!!!! This is pretty new, my last Vistana/Marriott exchange was just 4 days ago. I do not know about priority but it would make sense to have all resorts under one umbrella.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not own a Marriott, maybe someone can check Marriott into Vistana

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Marriott to Vistana is also $154!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks for the post. Great news!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
and yes, priority for all the Marriott/ Vistana brands
1579714159633.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
"With an Interval International® Internal Exchange, you can now stay at available Marriott Vacation Club® resorts and properties (previously an External Exchange) and enjoy exchange fee savings. That gives you 75+ distinctive vacation resorts to choose from - all using what you already own.

MORE SAVINGS Through Interval International, you can enjoy exchange fee savings for exchanges to available Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties. Savings based on Interval International fees for External Exchange and Internal Exchange and vary based on your country of residency. Please refer to intervalworld.com for details.

MORE GREAT RESORTS You'll continue to enjoy your first priority access to other Sheraton®, Westin® and Vistana villa resorts. And now you can also take advantage of preferred access (over other Interval International members) to available Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties. Explore New York, San Francisco, San Diego, Bali, Phuket, and many more global destinations.

MORE TOGETHER Together, vacations keep getting better. This exciting new Interval International benefit is just the latest enhancement for Owners like you, as we continue to look for ways to give you more inspiring choices than ever before. To get started, place an exchange request at intervalworld.com or call 877-782-7088.

BECAUSE YOU'RE IN THE VSN As a reminder, you always enjoy access to Sheraton Vacation Club and Westin Vacation Club resorts, with no additional fees, through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN). Plus, your Interval International membership is still included with your annual VSN Club Dues. Your vacation choices keep growing!

NEW INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL BENEFIT: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• What is an Interval International® Internal Exchange request? An Internal Exchange occurs when a Vistana'" Signature Experiences Owner chooses to utilize Interval International to return to another Vistana resort. Starting January 22, 2020, this Internal Exchange (previously an External Exchange) resort option will also include Marriott Vacation Club® resorts and properties, as well as Grand Residences by Marriott® ownership properties. This expands the Internal Exchange resorts from 23 resorts to 75+ resorts. To learn where these new resorts are located, visit MarriottVacationClub.com.

• Will Vistana Signature Experiences Owners receive a discounted exchange fee when requesting a Marriott Vacation Club resorts or property, or Grand Residences by Marriott resort? Yes. Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties and Grand Residences by Marriott resorts are now considered Internal Exchanges (previously External Exchanges), the same as Westin Vacation Club resorts, Sheraton Vacation Club resorts, Harborside Resort at Atlantis, and Vistana Beach Club in Jensen Beach, Florida, when exchanging through Interval International, and Owners will be assessed the Internal Exchange fees, which are lower than the External Exchange fees.

• What is the fee for an Interval International Internal Exchange request? Owners will continue to pay US$154 for an Interval International Internal Exchange and US$209 for an Interval International External Exchange. The Interval International exchange cost savings applies to new Interval International Internal Exchange requests only; previously confirmed or pending exchanges are not entitled to a refund. DeposItIng Exchanging to Previous Fee New Fee Westin Vacation Club Marriott Vacation Club or US$209 US$154 Grand Residences by Marriott - Lake Tahoe Sheraton Vacation Club Marriott Vacation Club or US$209 US$154 Grand Residences by Marriott - Lake Tahoe Effective January 22, 2020. May be subject to change. The Interval International fees referenced are applicable for residents of the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean. Residents of other geographic areas are subject to different member and exchange fees, which are assessed by local servicing offices or representatives. Please refer to intervalworld.com for details.

• In addition to the cost savings, are there any other benefits to an Interval International Internal Exchange versus an Interval International External Exchange? Yes. When you exchange through Interval International, you will receive preferred access when making an Internal Exchange for any available Marriott Vacation Club resorts or properties. Preferred access means that when you make a reservation request, you enjoy access before other Interval International members who do not own with Marriott Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, or other Vistana resorts -- and immediately after those with first priority access such as Marriott Vacation Club Owners.

• Which fee will I pay if I have both an Internal and External exchange request? You will be responsible to pay the External Exchange fee as Interval International will continue to search for confirmation at all eligible resorts. "

The copy/ paste did not work very well but the document can be found on the Vistana site

Last edited:

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like a win win. Although I like getting more value with the points for going off season and stretching them out, this is certainly a benefit.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's great to have the new discounted fee! I wonder how many days in preference Vistana owners will have to see available Marriott exchanges, since we will have "preferred access" after the "first priority access of the MVC owners"?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's great to have the new discounted fee! I wonder how many days in preference Vistana owners will have to see available Marriott exchanges, since we will have "preferred access" after the "first priority access of the MVC owners"?
I do not think there will be a laddered priority. I think Vistana and Marriott will see everything at the same time. Not only it makes sense from a sales prospective but it also avoids future complications from an IT point of view. If you look at the Marriott forum you will notice that they got a similar communication today about Vistana. One big happy family!

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Yes, the sentence with "first priority access" is weirdly worded. Didn't notice until your post. I didn't take it to mean priority access after Marriott owners (and vice versa for Marriott to Vistana). I initially read it as "Along with your (1st) priority to Vistana, you now have (another) priority access to Marriott."

I see @DannyTS posted as I was typing the above. I tend to agree with his take on it.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the sentence with "first priority access" is weirdly worded. Didn't notice until your post. I didn't take it to mean priority access after Marriott owners (and vice versa for Marriott to Vistana). I initially read it as "Along with your (1st) priority to Vistana, you now have (another) priority access to Marriott."

I see @DannyTS posted as I was typing the above. I tend to agree with his take on it.
I re-read it and you guys are right. It does not look as exciting as I initially thought, it is first Marriott, leftovers for Vistana and after that all the other owners. A similar language when it comes to the Marriott priority to the Vistana resorts:

1579718777784.png

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Wow. Nice to see some value added for a change. Although it's a devaluation for the non Marriott/Vistana II traders since there is preference for reservations within the system over others.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yay!! I guess I didn't need to buy my Marriott Grand Chateau for Marriott Priority in II. I think Vistana owners will be VERY pleased with this. Marriott puts great units into II that only Marriott owners could access for around 21 days. Now My Vistana weeks will have access to those, too!!! Woohoo! Maybe that will bring some value back to Vistana resales. Part of what kept Marriott resale values higher (in addition to ROFR) was that they had exchange priority in II. This is DEFINITELY a win for Visana owners because Marriott puts many more prime weeks into II than Vistana does. I've been able to exchange into spring break Aruba and Hawaii with my Marriott weeks. Marriott also has all the pulse properties - some nice city weeks in San Franciso, New York, and Boston show in II fairly often. The San Francisco property is fantastic.

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Does this mean that voluntary resale Vistana weeks do not have the option of utilizing the preferred access to Marriott because they are not part of Westin Signature Experiences?

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that voluntary resale Vistana weeks do not have the option of utilizing the preferred access to Marriott because they are not part of Westin Signature Experiences?
I got a similar email and I only own resale voluntary weeks.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the Sighting section we will have to be more specific now, "seen with non Marriott" will not be sufficient to establish the priority

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Yay!! I guess I didn't need to buy my Marriott Grand Chateau for Marriott Priority in II. I think Vistana owners will be VERY pleased with this. Marriott puts great units into II that only Marriott owners could access for around 21 days. Now My Vistana weeks will have access to those, too!!! Woohoo! Maybe that will bring some value back to Vistana resales. Part of what kept Marriott resale values higher (in addition to ROFR) was that they had exchange priority in II. This is DEFINITELY a win for Visana owners because Marriott puts many more prime weeks into II than Vistana does. I've been able to exchange into spring break Aruba and Hawaii with my Marriott weeks. Marriott also has all the pulse properties - some nice city weeks in San Franciso, New York, and Boston show in II fairly often. The San Francisco property is fantastic.
No, Marriott still has priority over Vistana.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Preferred access means that when you make a reservation request, you enjoy access before other Interval International members who do not own with Marriott Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, or other Vistana resorts -- and immediately after those with first priority access such as Marriott Vacation Club Owners.

Nice :thumbup:
2nd priority access is better than none :)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Marriott priority lasts for 21 days. I am curious for how long after that the weeks can be seen by the Vistana owners

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I believe you still have MVC. PRIORITY over vistana but then vistana has priority over all II members. I speculated this a while back and if we see cross booking it may be similar such as a. 6 mo mark cross booking with SO or DC points. Either way I think you’re MVC still has higher priority, then vistana, then other II members

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think the Marriott priority lasts for 21 days. I am curious for how long after that the weeks can be seen by the Vistana owners
I’m thinking the cross booking may work the same. 12-8 mo at home resort then maybe 8-4 mo in network, then 4 mo and beyond anyone with options or DC points. Could be longer period for MVC owners in II then vistana, then other II members

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Nice :thumbup:
2nd priority access is better than none :)
For this to work well for Vistana owners, the initial Marriott preference must be shortened or it won't matter (at least for the trades I'm looking for). The only units that usually make it out of preference for Hawaii Marriotts are studios. I bought a Marriott trader to get access to the 2BRs in preference (and it worked). If the 21-day preference stays, Vistana owners will be first in line for studios and mud weeks; great for some, but not the vast majority.

I'm a relatively new Vistana owner, but I presume it'll work the same for Marriott owners having "2nd priority" access to Vistana. Same applies to the timeline. If the 1st priority period isn't shortened, it probably won't be a great deal for Marriott owners.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
For this to work well for Vistana owners, the initial Marriott preference must be shortened or it won't matter (at least for the trades I'm looking for). The only units that usually make it out of preference for Hawaii Marriotts are studios. I bought a Marriott trader to get access to the 2BRs in preference (and it worked). If the 21-day preference stays, Vistana owners will be first in line for studios and mud weeks; great for some, but not the vast majority.

I'm a relatively new Vistana owner, but I presume it'll work the same for Marriott owners having "2nd priority" access to Vistana. Same applies to the timeline. If the 1st priority period isn't shortened, it probably won't be a great deal for Marriott owners.
Sorry, I’ve been posting sightings for years. It’s not just studios and mud weeks that make it out of the preference period.

Yes, high demand resorts and peak travel weeks are snatched up during the preference period. So for example, folks shouldn’t expect peak season weeks at beach locations and/or prime weeks during peak ski season.

Last edited: